Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
amanda at 1:08AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Another delectable page from TTyler. I love the broken fingernail in the last panel. Sometimes it's the little touches that make a difference ^.^

Salt updated today - a day of errands AND a cameo from Morphic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Doctor Shadow at 2:49AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Salt the Holly the day of errands made me smile, shopping therapy is exactly what I need right now!

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today as things start to roll towards some kind of conclusion for Jacob, he finds that he might have underestimated Kalon in all of this.

Also, the blog will be updated shortly with an ‘anatomy’ of a Reva page showing how she pencils and then inks everything up.

Thanks for reading!
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Gavin at 3:16AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
the new Chronicles of Wyrden page looks really good! I like a lot of neat chaotic lines.

HUMAN CITY UPDATED YET AGAIN!

day 2 of 3 of new pages. Patrick finally gets a chance to talk to Tim for the first time since the ATM scam where Tim was thought to be dead!

Check it out and come back tomorrow for the end of the chapter.

P.S. I've already started pencilling the first page of the new chapter.. so hopefully i can go back to 2 updates a week.

-Gavin.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
PyThomas at 3:20AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Kinda reminds me of that one scene from Empire Strikes Back… excellently drawn. Really cool mechanical arm too.

Today on Times Like This: Probably the one thing Cassie can do right now that arouses the most jealousy among us…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
ttyler at 7:12AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
AH….85 cents a gallon gas. Last time I saw that, I was running around in my Kiss jami's, watching Kate Jackson look goooooood for that no-show Charlie, and trying to figure out why my talkin' Gi-Joe only sputtered static.
Nice page, love the way you did the background on these. Looks almost like an animation cell. Nice.

………………………….

Engine……….update…………Robot………..smash stuff……..go see.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
kiandranishan at 8:49AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Engine - Another professional and awesome page. That robot needs to chill.

Of Snakes and Apples updates (warning nudity). Cover for chapter 2.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
DAJB at 9:20AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
The artwork in Snakes and Apples is never less than gorgeous and today's page - a cover for Issue 2 - is no exception.

Be warned though, it does contain nudity. This cover alone has both a nude snake and a nude apple!

EDIT: Ah rats, I take that back! Looks like I commented on the wrong page. Today's update does not include a nude snake or a nude apple. Just a nude woman. Damn - you guys are probably so disappointed!

Which, coincidentally enough, brings us to the latest instalment of Shades which also has nudity. A nude bald man with tattoos.

Well … some people like that sort of thing!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
spacehamster at 12:01PM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Shades is currently going taking place in two separate locations, which could be confusing, but it's handled well and works just fine and dandy.

And yeah… the dude's totally naked.

Bulletproof updates today. Bones break, people yell, and someone “almost gets his legs chewed off”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
ttyler at 12:15PM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Bulletproof…..Simply a great, super team book. I love it when characters have a hard time getting a job done. What fun is it, if you know they will kick the enemies butts at any given time? No fun I say!!! This time, the heroes are having a bit of a problem. Today isn't a good day for them. They are pickin“ up, and getting the bejeezuz outta there!! I like this comic. very cool read for those who still crave good superhero type action.

…………………..

The big bad robot is a knockin at the door……..and Master Neko starts fessin” up about what he knows about the ENGINE.

mlai at 4:41PM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Like TTyler's other comics titles, Engine shares the characteristic of being awesome. Tyler's not just a skilled artist, he's a skilled old school comics artist. Read his comics to see what inking looked like back when your dad read comics, good comics.

was updated 18 hours ago. I wasn't planning to post in this thread, but Bittertea awesomized my original page 68 with her Photoshop know-how, so I'm posting in this thread to call attention to that. You'll find a link to my original page 68 in my Author's Comments Box, and the difference is like night and day… :p

And actually, I'm directing this post at you specifically, TTyler. I asked you why you don't put any more than elementary effort into your CGing, and you said something like, “it's too time consuming, too much effort.” Look at my original page 68, and the Bittertea'd page 68.

She achieved that difference in 4 minutes, with a mouse. I timed her.

Edit:
BTW, if you find that the revised page 68 looks identical to the original page 68 linked in my Author's Box, then that means Drunkduck is fritzing up again. Press Ctrl and F5 together, and you'll manually refresh the page, allowing the revised page 68 to show up.
Just clicking on the browser refresh button doesn't cut it. Press Ctrl + F5.

Edit #2:
After getting up to issue 3 of Engine, I'm back here to take back what I said about the comics' grayscaling. TTyler has begun to put good effort into Photoshop, and the new pages look great as a result. Much easier on the eyes.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
parkbenchbook at 8:07PM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Fight II: I hear sound effects which are not lettered onto the page. A horrifying cracking of bones takes place as a living monolith staggers to one knee. Art pops from the page and we are given the weird view of realistically rendered fantastical perspective.

The Surrealist just updated and a little more of Cobblestone City is presented.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
DMH at 11:13PM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
From the latest page of the surrealist, I get a picture of wondering and possibility. It seems to me that a lot could happen next.

Age of Ends has just updated. The two boys fight in the rain and one of them draws blood
Frostflowers at 1:31AM, April 11, 2008
(online)
Age of Ends is really dramatic in this update - rain! Blood! A menacing-looking scythe! What more could you possibly want? :)

Morphic updates this week with a bit of a transition-page, but there's fun for everyone nonetheless - there's even a challenge for fun and profit. Well, it's mostly for fun, but anway.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Loud_G at 6:20AM, April 11, 2008
(online)
Morphic is a great comic. There is always something interesting going on. The art as usual is wonderful. I especially like the way it incorporated real paintings in the background. It looks like someone is in a hurry, I wonder what'll happen next!

Everyone should check out Morphic!

—————————————-

George the Dragon updated today! Finally George and Gladys meet.
Find out what George is up to:

Go! Visit George or he may have to eat you!*
*Disclaimer: George may or may not eat violators depending on hunger level and scarcity of better tasting prey.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
ttyler at 8:04AM, April 11, 2008
(online)
George the Dragon is a light hearted fun strip. Simple yet highly enjoyable, especially for Dragon fans. Kind of newspaper Sunday strip art. Check it out.

………………

Engine has updated, with new opening pages. Pages 1 and 2, at the beginning of the strip, have been re-done.
Thanks
Ziffy88 at 8:09AM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Your shading is amazing!

A-List updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
Talking after killing
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
kiandranishan at 8:34AM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
A list - Is actually one of my favs. The only real issue I have is the fact that all the character not only have different color speach bubbles the type font is different…I think this is a bit jarring. I would recommend using the same font but keeping the different colored bubbles. Other than that, I like the page ^^

Of Snakes and Apples updates with the first page of chapter 2. Adam shows Eve around the garden.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 5:43PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Of Snakes and Apples- Has a very nice look to it. The panels are quite different from what I've seen. Artwork is also quite amazing. :D
——–
Ryu's Krew updates with it's second page! Updates won't be regular yet, but I'm hoping to make a layout, and signature for the forum here. Maybe a tutorial too. Who knows.

Annnyyway. Hope you enjoy!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
ttyler at 5:54PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
It's obvious that you love comics, and drawing comics. I would reccomend that you get a lettering program, like Comicraft fonts. Good lettering will enhance a page, no matter your level of skill. Just a thought. Keep up the good fight!

………….

Engine updates one final time this week. It's a showdown in little Hoboken!!
BlueFlame_Studios at 6:03PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Engine
One of the best comics I have ever had the pleasure to read on DrunkDuck. The comic looks dazzling from professional artwork to the great dialogue. Consider me a fan.

——————-

Autumn Blood has updated today! Another Filler Thriller but a good one none-the-less. Check it out! :)

A Comic by Habilis_Orian

Autumn Blood Forums

My deviantArt Page
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Gavin at 7:04PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
For the Autumn Blood update: Cool sketch! I like it a lot… I hope the whole comic looks like this. I'll be checking it out.

HUMAN CITY updated today with the final page of Chapter 2… No spoilers here… go read it for yourself.

-Gavin.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Skullbie at 1:27AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
@Human City
The shading an details are just plain amazing- That last panel piques my curiosity, I think i'll go and read the rest now. :)

——————–

Plastic updated, what did Layla have in store for Shanna?
(click sig link)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
ttyler at 4:57AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Wether in black and white, grey toned or color, you are getting a great comic with PLASTIC. Shanna is about to enter the nightmarish world of……gettin' de-wussified!!! oh the pain……….

…………………..

Engine updated with new pages 3 and 4. Demons are comin for breakfast…..and they is hungry for more than buscuits!!!!
simonitro at 5:10AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
On Engine, it seems like a battle between the hero and a demonic robot about to collide… it looks exciting to go throught the battle. What really is beautiful is the ART. The robot demon's design look wild and this page is wonderfully drawn. It seems it took ttyler 10 years to have created this masterpiece of a page.

——————————————————–

On Electronic Revolutions: The Burnhams, Ann is in a morbid mood that reflects the entire page. What's her intentions?

Yet, I was trying to create an eerie and moody page.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
PyThomas at 6:01AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
She's mad as hell and she's not gonna take it anymore! Nice job with the coloring and layout.

Today on Times Like This: We learn some more about Cassie's living arrangements. (Yes, that was her house in the previous strip.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Katch at 11:43PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
lol, again with the convenience of time~ good ^^

RA just updated with another person's view on the whole mess, important character =D
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
freakenburger at 4:42PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Katch's work has “sketchy but detailed” look, which can easily catch the attention of those who look for nice art. And we get to see a new character too!
Both Telenime and Freakenburg are updated, despite my nasty flu…

In Telenime, Mireille find out a terrible truth about her snow globe…

In Freakenburg, Mariko's having a bad day and Kasumi isn't making it better.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Warpedwenger at 10:07PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
I checked out your comics Telenime was cute but Freakenburg seems more interesting to me I faved it! You have a nice style starting to emerge.

My new page is one of my best in a long time! Please check it out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
Doctor Shadow at 2:31AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Warped's new page is definitely one of his best to date. I'm liking the last few panels as the angles are changing. Also, ow…just ow!

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with a street scene and we move towards the confrontation that you know is coming at Leyland's manor!
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
DAJB at 3:50AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
One of the many things to like about The Chronicles of Wyrden is all the wonderful detail that the artist puts into it. And today's update is no exception.

I looked for ages but I still couldn't find Wally. Go and see if you can!

You should probably look in on Shades today, too. It's the end of a chapter and, before it moves on to the next, we've just found time to explain how it is that Boo is still lingering around after 2,000 years.

Go on … you know you want to know!

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon