Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Ring tones...?
Ozoneocean at 10:31AM, Jan. 8, 2011
(online)
Wow, this is spammy, but I'm suddenly curious.

What is your ring tone and why did you choose it?
-If you haven't got one or know what one is, we don't care. Post about it in the rant thread.

——————-

I've got mine set to play “the sex has made me stupid” by robots in Disguise.
It's nice and loud straight off, sounds good on a phone (it's mostly high, flat tones), and I don't mind heading it over and over.

I tried “When the Levee breaks” by Led Zeppelin for a while, but that sounds embarrassing on any phone speaker. The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy theme was also a failure because it's too complicated and so sounds shiz on a phone..
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
seventy2 at 1:31PM, Jan. 8, 2011
(online)
i used to have several, depending on the person.

the wife had "short skirt long jacket
my good friends had a chevelle “forfiet” (no clue why)
and then some default verizon tune for everyone else.

since i got my new phone, i've been too lazy to make the clips necessary for this again. so my phone rings.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Faliat at 2:00PM, Jan. 8, 2011
(offline)
I got a new phone for Christmas and it's being weird with me so I don't know how to put custom ringtones on it yet.
But before that I re-used a Nokia 3310 since my one before that was REALLY bad at retaining power and taking calls (I had a modified version of the Tetris theme for it that I did in FL Studio).

Anyway, since it's my most recent phone I've had with a ringtone, I'll talk about the Nokia.

Back when I first had it handed down to me, I was already a composing nut. Having had a 3210 for a good number of years before that. So I made a tonne for my old one (Which my sister gave away without my permission). So I immediately set to work on the 3310 and came up with the bright idea to make the satelite phone tune from Jurassic Park 3.

And BOOM! I did…

I did such a good job that I want to sample it and re-use it on my new phone when it stops being a dick and making excuses for not having an instruction manual or USB cable with it. (Eco friendly my ass! My parents paid just as much for the last phone they bought me. And it was great except for two important flaws. The camera was great, the storage was fantastic, the customiseability was the best I've ever had. But what are you, Sony Ericsson Elm? You're “Eco Friendly”. I like your GPS. Thats the only thing I seem to like about you. But so far I get ragey just trying to use you. GAAAAAAAH! I've got a right mind to make you have the Crazy Frog just so someone tries to smash you!)

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
skoolmunkee at 3:01AM, Jan. 9, 2011
(offline)
Mine is Long Way to Get by Bob Schneider. I picked it because the acoustic guitar at the beginning sounds good and clear, and it's not too disruptive as far as a musical ringtone goes. I've been thinking about changing it but haven't bothered to think too hard about it yet.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
AzuJOD at 12:16AM, Jan. 10, 2011
(online)
I have Robot Rock by Daft Punk as my ringtone. I use it because the opening riff is a good attention grabber.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
sama at 6:12AM, Jan. 10, 2011
(online)
Eveyone has music as a ringtone? I have the one that sounds like an old telephone. Easy to hear, easy to recognise… and very annoying.

Live life as the new Death
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Niccea at 8:29AM, Jan. 10, 2011
(offline)
Well…I went a bit high tech with mine. I had a soundtrack from a cd on my computer. I cut it down to around 20 seconds, my dad converted and shrunk it to the right file type, and then I downloaded it on my phone.

Another one of my ring tones is the victory theme from FFVII. I have a special program that allows me to convert VHS tapes into digital data, but it also works if I plug my PS2 into it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Dark Pascual at 9:27AM, Jan. 10, 2011
(online)
My current ringtone is the Doctor Who theme (new one). It's loud, it's cool, and almost nobody else has it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Adariel at 5:06AM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
The Touch - from the Transformers animated movie way back in the 80's or 90's.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
FormerDDer at 12:02PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(offline)
My ringtone is the battle theme from Vay, a 90's RPG for the Sega CD. I know you're all thinking I'm an uberdork for having an RPG battle theme as a ringtone, but listen to it; it is so incredibly catchy. You could easily dance to this song. And what's more, it makes the perfect ringtone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
KomradeDave at 1:42PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
I have some specific ones set to specific people, but the standard ring is 7 Deadly Sins from Flogging Molly.
It is wasteful and asinine that I have these customized rings as my phone is on vibrate 22 hours a day.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, likeā€¦ tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
SarahN at 2:58PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
I'm just using a ringtone that was on my phone right now…I'm not sure what the song is. Some classical song…maybe Beethoven.

But I'd like to try and make this my ringtone soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMyNl1mpXVI
XD XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
itsjustaar at 11:35PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
A brief snippet of the intense parts of O Fortuna. Every time someone calls, it sounds hilarious - misplaced film trailer epic music.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
A Reaver at 1:18AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(online)
I have different pokemon set for some contacts but the
zelda chest theme is the main ringtone.

Shiny new comic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
crocty at 1:21AM, Jan. 12, 2011
(offline)
My tone for calls is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
My tone for messages is going to be this. I haven't changed it yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCjyiEOZP44

Both of them start with “HEY” DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY!!!!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Ozoneocean at 6:53AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Well…I went a bit high tech with mine. I had a soundtrack from a cd on my computer. I cut it down to around 20 seconds, my dad converted and shrunk it to the right file type, and then I downloaded it on my phone.

Another one of my ring tones is the victory theme from FFVII. I have a special program that allows me to convert VHS tapes into digital data, but it also works if I plug my PS2 into it.
I like your style! Tech wiz! ^_^

On a lot of different phones you have to be reeeaaaaly sneaky and savy of you want to customise even simple stuff like ringtones. Such a massive pain and often quite hard. :(

With a lot of ones now though you just put your music on it and and can set any of the songs as the ringer if you like, which makes it pain free, but takes away the massive sense of achievement you get from wrestling the stuff you want on there.

sama
Eveyone has music as a ringtone? I have the one that sounds like an old telephone. Easy to hear, easy to recognise… and very annoying.
I think Nokia now has that as one of their defaults…? Or at least one of the phone makers do.
A few years ago though, no one had that… I was one of the first, at least in this country. I got it from a cd that Got from e-bay. It had Russian ringtones and stuff that were made for the Russian version of my phone. And that was one of the phones that could only use certain filetypes…

Because no one else had it or had heard that on a mobile phone before it used to always startle people and freak them out a bit when it rang :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
sama at 8:53AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
A few years ago though, no one had that… I was one of the first, at least in this country. I got it from a cd that Got from e-bay. It had Russian ringtones and stuff that were made for the Russian version of my phone. And that was one of the phones that could only use certain filetypes…

Because no one else had it or had heard that on a mobile phone before it used to always startle people and freak them out a bit when it rang :)

Haha yeah, I had to download mine from the internet originally, but that was probably after you, since i'm pretty sure the ringtone had been out for a while.

“This” country? Which would that be?

Live life as the new Death
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Hawk at 10:39AM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
I used Bitpim to connect my cellphone to my PC, and then selected appropriate songs for many of my friends and family memebers. It was usually a song they liked or the theme from a movie they liked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Red Slayer at 4:15PM, Jan. 13, 2011
(online)
Optimus screaming MEEEEEGAAAATROOOOON! Took it from a youtube clip.

I have bee thinking about making more.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
blindsk at 1:29AM, Jan. 14, 2011
(online)
sama
“This” country? Which would that be?

Oh, oh! I got this one! It's the land of the famous Kangaroo Burger. The home of Wombat stew!

Anyway, my ringtone is very dull and the default Samsung techno theme. Not that I listen to a lot of techno, but it was the only one that actually sounded like music, ironically enough!

I tried recording ringtones off of the internet because I was trying to be cheap, however the quality is absolutely terrible so I scrapped that one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
herio at 9:53PM, Jan. 21, 2011
(online)
i picked pokemon evolving

becase i can

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
AQua_ng at 8:13AM, Jan. 22, 2011
(offline)
“Fly Away” Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Derp, animu.
I don't know whether this is house music, techno, club, jazz or whatever these kids listen to these days, but this is what blares out of my phone when someone drops me a ring.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Doodstormer at 2:06PM, Jan. 22, 2011
(online)
I have the entire Zombies Ate My Neighbors soundtrack with different songs assigned to various persons.
It freaks me out when I get woken up by the Chainsaw Hedgemaze Mayhem theme though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon