Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What's the worst decision you've ever made?
DefaultNick at 12:14AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
I guess im a real lucker when it comes to my life. I live a careless life, always do tomorrow what i could do today. Everyone i know cant believe how the heck i live like that. I did all kinds of mistakes, that would ruin life for other people, but its like the more careless i am, the more i let things go with the flow, the more my angel guardian helps me out.
I really cant recall any mistake ive made in my life that would backfire with consequences.
Thanks angel guardian, you're awesome!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Skullbie at 12:45AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
DefaultNick
I guess im a real lucker when it comes to my life. I live a careless life, always do tomorrow what i could do today. Everyone i know cant believe how the heck i live like that. I did all kinds of mistakes, that would ruin life for other people, but its like the more careless i am, the more i let things go with the flow, the more my angel guardian helps me out.
I really cant recall any mistake ive made in my life that would backfire with consequences.
Thanks angel guardian, you're awesome!
….i'm guessing you're under the age of 18?

If not then you really have lucked out, because the ‘reality bites’ cliche generally proves to be true -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
lastcall at 7:16AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(offline)
My worst decision? Wasting money on a BFA in 2D Animation. I thought it would be so easy to get an animation job…boy was I wrong. Right after I graduated was when Disney laid off the majority of their 2D animators. It was quite ironic, and not in a good way. I tried for eight years to get an animation job, but had no luck. I've never been able to apply my degree to any of the jobs I have had. /cry
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
usedbooks at 8:15AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
I think most regrets about decisions are a case of “the grass is greener on the other side.” This is especially true of choosing a school or a field of study. People might tell you that some fields are brimming with jobs, that if you go into a certain major you'll be on easy street. It's not true. While I can complain that I can't get a job with my biology degree, that I've been job hunting and getting rejected for years, I know now that “regretting” that decision is silly. I majored in Biology because I love it. I enjoyed my classes. I am happy to call myself a biologist even if I never land a job that utilizes my degree. And I know that if I chose any other field, I'd find some reason to “regret” that decision. You can only make decisions with current knowledge. If hindsight suggests it was a “bad” decision, that doesn't make it so. It was a good decision for the moment, and it's silly to regret.

When I think about it, my biggest regrets ever are all the time wasted on worrying about and regretting choices I made. It's really a waste of your life to do things like that. Make your choices, roll with the consequences, and if any of them are negative, it becomes a story to tell, a learning/growing experience, and a path to better future decision-making.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Ozoneocean at 8:49AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
Yeah, like Usedbooks says: regrets are pointless.
People's lives aren't like those movies where a crucial moment sends the character down one path and not another and later they're able to go back and change that and their lives are totally different!
No, things don't happen that way.

You shouldn't think of things as Defaultnick does, as if someone will sort things out for you, but life does sort of work its own way out anyway, after a fashion.

Although… I will regret not getting ready for bed soon if I don't because I'll be too tired at work in the morning.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
lba at 11:20AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
I just look back on my earlier mistakes in life and think, “Damn I was dumb. How the heck did I get away with that anyway?” and then I laugh. So I guess I can't really say I regret stuff, but there are things I can now think of way better ways to handle it than I did.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
CZweig at 12:09PM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
For me, looking back on things…? Um. Well one time I bought a sandwich for my lunch break even though it felt soggy, and then ended up with basically no lunch for that day because it was nasty.

Really though, I'm just that kind of optimist. Yeah, bad things happen all the time. But I'm not the kind of person to dwell on the past :) For example, I'm an aspiring actor. I know I'm going to be rejected from a lot of roles in the future, and already have been. But instead of dwelling on this, it just motivates me to audition for more, and it makes those roles I do get that much better. So looking back, I can't think of anything I really regret. Even things that I failed at were good experiences.

I'm that kind of cheesy person :)

Oh yeah, but also I guess I regret having sprained my ankle that one time :(
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
HyenaHell at 3:18PM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
Well, in fairness recognizing you made a poor decision isn't necessarily the same thing as regret. I've made a lot of terrible choices that affected my life in an extremely negative way that I honestly would do over again if I had the chance. I just wouldn't get caught this time. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:53PM
Ryan_Scott at 8:45PM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
I got married once… that was an extremely poor decision at the time, given that said marriage lasted less than 5 months.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
kyupol at 11:20PM, Sept. 7, 2009
(online)
Telling mommy and/or the principal that the bully is beating on me.

That didn't solve the problem.

But when I told my fists to help solve the problem… it got solved!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 1:34PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(offline)
well even my “bad decision” of going to GWU had some excellent, excellent results *said in creepy voice?* that make me unable to truly regret my experience.

Meaning, I found a boyfriend! and not just any boyfriend… a very special boyfriend. (special ed! lol)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
elektro at 3:25PM, Sept. 8, 2009
(offline)
There are so many bad decisions I've made that I could make a topic on each and every one. Making a comic that booted me from the school newspaper for several months, starting several feuds, wasting my time with girls who didn't return affection…and these are just college regrets. However, one sticks in my mind at the moment while I'm listening to music and drawing a comic…

Buying Sepultura's “Roots” album. It is the worst pile of Galactus turd I have ever owned. I still have it (even though I bought it five years ago and hated every day) just so I can use it as a frisbee for the dog.

Catch, boy!

(dog catches it, but falls over dead)

See? It's too toxic even for him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
ipokino at 11:22AM, Sept. 10, 2009
(offline)
I guess one of the things that suck about getting older is the regrets…of which I have many. Oddly one of my regrets a few years back–actually led me into the situation which I now enjoy–happily married and well off financially. So, give those regrets some time, they might work out positively!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
dime360 at 9:15PM, Sept. 15, 2009
(offline)
Once, in High School my friend was starting to get possessive and violent with his girlfriend, I knew it and I let it slide because he was my friend and I thought they would work it out. Then for like a week she didn't come to school and I asked him where she was, I remember his exact words were “I don't know what that fucken bitch does all day.” So I let it go till the weekend. I worked at the mall on the weekends back then and she did too, she usually gave me a ride and when I called asking if she could, she said she was sick and couldn't come. I decided to visit her and I don't know make sure she was ok or something, I honestly thought she was probably just strung out on percs or something the entire week, growing up in the suburbs of NYC, everybody that was fucked up kinda magnetized together so everyone I knew was fucked up. So I visit her and she answers the door all cheery and happy like Disney cartoon in the end level happy, but then I noticed her face and neck, it looked like someone had bruised her over and oh my god he raped her, my older sister made me swear I'd never hurt a women after one of her friends got raped and committed suicide, I remember the funeral because a bunch of local papers were there. I remember the marks on her face, it looked just the same, blue on the neck, black eye, broken lip, busted nose, she looked like she was worked over, you could see it through the makeup if you got close enough. I left right then and there, I didn't say anything to her, I just left and went to my friend's house, he was with his family when his dad opened the door, I beat the crap out of him right then and there. I mean I've never been in a fight until that moment in my life but I just beat the crap out of him in the living room in front of his parents, his dad and sister tried to stop me but I punched one in the face and knocked one out by throwing one against the wall (I don't remember which one I did which to). Eventually his mom pepersprayed me and called the cops, I kept on punching him until one of the officers tasered me apparently, I don't remember it though. When I came to I was in the hospital because I had broken 3 fingers, dislocated a bunch of my joints, cracked a bunch of my fingernails and worn off the skin of my hand. I didn't tell anyone what happened, I got charged with assault, had to attend anger management seminars and complete a bunch of community service and pay a bunch of fines, the girl moved away and I never heard from her again but I think she knows I meant well. My “friend” switched to a private school and I haven't talked to him since. I know he knows why I did what I did, he didn't press charges, his parents and sister did, he didn't (he was 18). I didn't tell anyone about this till I moved away to college and figured I'd never see any of those people again, when people ask me why I have so many scars on my hand, I tell them this. It was the greatest regret of my life, I understand I've done some messed up things in my life but this was the worst, I knew it was bad but I let it escalate because he was my friend? What type of fucken explanation is that? I don't feel extremely guilty for what I did because honestly I've done a lot worst things in my life but I regret this the most because I could have stopped it. My life could be made into a movie, the fucked up adventures of a little Indian boy named Joey.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
elektro at 9:40PM, Sept. 15, 2009
(offline)
dime360
Once, in High School my friend was starting to get possessive and violent with his girlfriend, I knew it and I let it slide because he was my friend and I thought they would work it out. Then for like a week she didn't come to school and I asked him where she was, I remember his exact words were “I don't know what that fucken bitch does all day.” So I let it go till the weekend. I worked at the mall on the weekends back then and she did too, she usually gave me a ride and when I called asking if she could, she said she was sick and couldn't come. I decided to visit her and I don't know make sure she was ok or something, I honestly thought she was probably just strung out on percs or something the entire week, growing up in the suburbs of NYC, everybody that was fucked up kinda magnetized together so everyone I knew was fucked up. So I visit her and she answers the door all cheery and happy like Disney cartoon in the end level happy, but then I noticed her face and neck, it looked like someone had bruised her over and oh my god he raped her, my older sister made me swear I'd never hurt a women after one of her friends got raped and committed suicide, I remember the funeral because a bunch of local papers were there. I remember the marks on her face, it looked just the same, blue on the neck, black eye, broken lip, busted nose, she looked like she was worked over, you could see it through the makeup if you got close enough. I left right then and there, I didn't say anything to her, I just left and went to my friend's house, he was with his family when his dad opened the door, I beat the crap out of him right then and there. I mean I've never been in a fight until that moment in my life but I just beat the crap out of him in the living room in front of his parents, his dad and sister tried to stop me but I punched one in the face and knocked one out by throwing one against the wall (I don't remember which one I did which to). Eventually his mom pepersprayed me and called the cops, I kept on punching him until one of the officers tasered me apparently, I don't remember it though. When I came to I was in the hospital because I had broken 3 fingers, dislocated a bunch of my joints, cracked a bunch of my fingernails and worn off the skin of my hand. I didn't tell anyone what happened, I got charged with assault, had to attend anger management seminars and complete a bunch of community service and pay a bunch of fines, the girl moved away and I never heard from her again but I think she knows I meant well. My “friend” switched to a private school and I haven't talked to him since. I know he knows why I did what I did, he didn't press charges, his parents and sister did, he didn't (he was 18). I didn't tell anyone about this till I moved away to college and figured I'd never see any of those people again, when people ask me why I have so many scars on my hand, I tell them this. It was the greatest regret of my life, I understand I've done some messed up things in my life but this was the worst, I knew it was bad but I let it escalate because he was my friend? What type of fucken explanation is that? I don't feel extremely guilty for what I did because honestly I've done a lot worst things in my life but I regret this the most because I could have stopped it. My life could be made into a movie, the fucked up adventures of a little Indian boy named Joey.

After reading this post and another one you made in another topic, I can safely say that these stories would make one hell of a book. You could be the next Tucker Max with this stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
dime360 at 10:27PM, Sept. 15, 2009
(offline)
elektro
After reading this post and another one you made in another topic, I can safely say that these stories would make one hell of a book. You could be the next Tucker Max with this stuff.

No, I mean I probably could but I'd just make people feel bad, and depressed, I probably would discourage a bunch of kids from trying to be their own person too, that's what really screwed up my life, once I left home for good, everything went to shit. Besides Tucker Max is hilarious, I'd just be emo and bitchy, things turned out they way they did because I behaved like a child for my entire life, if I put down the drugs, and went to school without pulling my little stunts, I could be a doctor or something by now :( . Besides I don't want to be recognized by a large group of strangers, a small close group of friends is always better. That's why none of you know any specifics about me, I don't want anyone to actually know me in person, I kinda think of myself as less of a person than you if you know what I did. Kind of like how everyone thinks their better than junkie prostitutes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
ParkerFarker at 1:46AM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
and not just any boyfriend… a very special boyfriend. (special ed! lol)

SPECIAL E– oh… you already… ok… hmm.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
BffSatan at 1:55AM, Sept. 16, 2009
(online)
Once I forgot to tape lost and I had to wait until the DVD came out to catch up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
bravo1102 at 11:21AM, Sept. 17, 2009
(offline)
They're mistakes that you learn from and move on. The now is all I have control over and I can change that. The eternal now is a great thing. :)

The biggest mistakes:

I never should have let my ex go. I never realized just how close I was to getting her back until it was too late. We both regreted the decision. :)

I never should have left my first post-college job. I had just gotten a huge raise and all the kudos I had been denied for two years and I left. Not to mention that my manager (who was hawt) wanted to go out with me (talk about overt and obvious flirting) It's the old “What was I thinking?”

I goofed and ended up in a total cluster fuck both times. lol! I learned my lesson.

A small goof:
I had the bee-oo-ti-ful second chance with the girl I had the BIG High school crush on. I didn't take advantage of it. We both regreted it. ;)

Then there's my entire High school career. That was one big cluster fuck too. I goofed but I've wasted too much time on regrets and it's past time to live in the eternal now.

So get your head out of your ass stop regreting what you can't change and work on the present because that is within your control. Deny that and you deny yourself the happiness life will bring.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
MacDonaldCreations at 1:19AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
Getting married…but have since rectified that situation!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
worldwillshout at 12:21PM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
Junior Year of High School to a little after high school I was with a a crazy ogre of a woman.

That's 2 damned years.

Being with her was my worst decision.
That was a year ago.

also eating ex-lax on a bet.
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon