Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do you consider yourself crazy?
KingRidley at 10:45PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Faliat
I've been given the “We found nothing so you're almost perfectly fine so have a nice life!” speech before.
Well what do you want them to do? They can't find anything wrong, they can either keep testing you and never leave you alone, or they can admit defeat and leave you to take care of yourself.

They can't cure or treat something they can't identify. Seriously, I hate it when people get mad at medical professionals because they didn't get their magic instant cure.

I heard a doctor say this online:

“You can get your instant movies and instant food and call someone whenever you want, but you can't make the human body heal any faster than it did 100 years ago.”

Not his exact words, but the point is made. The human body and mind are very complex. Alot of times things get past us. There's really nothing you can do about it.

If later on they managed to find something, then you have no reason to complain because at least they found it. If they still haven't, then all I can say is that it's like trying to find something small thrown into a huge haystack, but no one ever tells you WHAT you're looking for and there's a bunch of other shit that could be it but isn't really the perfect fit. Medicine is hard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Ozoneocean at 1:30AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
zeldarocksyou1
Craziness is in the mind of the beholder.
True, to an extent… But it's hard for actual “crazy” people to fit in well with the rest of society, which is pretty bad when that leads to them not being able to take care of themselves or harming people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Faliat at 8:31AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
KingRidley
Faliat
I've been given the “We found nothing so you're almost perfectly fine so have a nice life!” speech before.
Well what do you want them to do? They can't find anything wrong, they can either keep testing you and never leave you alone, or they can admit defeat and leave you to take care of yourself.

They can't cure or treat something they can't identify. Seriously, I hate it when people get mad at medical professionals because they didn't get their magic instant cure.
It's different when they actually note a lot of problems and don't even help you out with those. Especially if they're serious ones like hearing voices and having strong desires to self-harm….

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
highspeedcomics at 8:00AM, Oct. 16, 2008
(offline)
I'd say I'm about a 6. I'll let you decide on the scale for yourself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon