Comic Talk and General Discussion *

does this site cause insomnia
Freux at 12:55AM, Feb. 23, 2007
(online)
I have to take melatonin supplements to sleep.

My story/comic thing doesn't keep me awake. It only tangles itself in my thoughts during the entire frickin' day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Crazy Dutchman at 3:27PM, Feb. 23, 2007
(offline)
The night feels so much sweeter than the day. Maybe I would actually want to be a vampire. Feel-good for ever!

Wich probably means I'm not suffering from insomnia, because then I would HATE the night probably. (tough it would be great if you could never sleep to go on night trips when there's no one on the road)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Radmetalmonk at 1:48PM, Feb. 28, 2007
(online)
I go to bed around 7 am unless I'm trashed…so I go to bed every day I work at 7 am, and every day I don't work…yeah. The only way I could get insomnia from DD is if I sat down and read archives (which I did the other day, read all of fated feather and gnoph…good reads btw…read most of gnoph before but what the hell ;-P ) Point is, I guess people define insomnia differently. If you're talking about staying up past midnight to read all the updates…and you're really forcing yourself to stay up (I'm sure some people have trouble with this…never been an issue with me, but I've got dark circles the size of the USA's debt), then you can call it insomnia. I just stay up because I have a night shift job and because one of my pals is only up after 8 pm.

It's all really based on yourself, what is considered insomnia and just your normal sleep habbits. My “night time” begins at 7 am.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:59PM
dotless at 2:55AM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
hat
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to it. It may appear that I'm always on, even though I may not always be ‘on’. I usually leave DD open even when I'm not there or not using it.

It seems wherever I go, there's a computer nearby. So even if I'm not at home I usually have access to the duck.

But to answer your question: no, atleast not for me, and my terrible sleeping habits are still the same.

admit it, you're seriously addicted ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
revolutionary at 5:58PM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
Hell yea this site causes insomnia! When i first discovered it a few years ago, i didnt sleep for a complete 24 hours. Ive only done that twice in my life. I dont know what it is. When you really get into all the great stuff people post on this site, you loose track of space time. I end up reading all i can on this site. Cuz everybody has somthing different to offer…we'll almost everybody. And i just get into it i guess. Its like my secret life or somthin. crazy shit man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
fern at 8:02PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
of course not! even though i'm currently updating 4 comics…

now if you would excuse me, i need to breast feed my talking orange.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 3:49PM, April 27, 2007
(online)
I spend way too long on DD especially since this Civil War event started. I guess I don't really have problems sleeping just that if anything wakes me up in the night its impossible for me to get back to sleep. DD is a great time killer when that happens.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Hijuda at 6:19PM, April 27, 2007
(online)
Not insomnia, but it makes my eyes bleed.

I need to start blinking.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
worstcase at 9:07PM, April 27, 2007
(online)
no, i fall asleep early! im talking about, say, 10:00!

I can't stay awake even if i wanted too!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
marine at 2:08AM, April 28, 2007
(offline)
Only faggots and sailors sleep. I myself never sleep. The city doesn't sleep, so why should I? Besides, everything thats cool happens at night. For example, look at the life of guns & roses guitarist Slash. He's the coolest man alive currently, and he's never around in the daylight.

This isn't to be confused with vampires, like Mr Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 4:13AM, April 28, 2007
(online)
marine
The city doesn't sleep, so why should I?

I think my city goes to bed at around 11. It sux.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
usedbooks at 6:23AM, April 28, 2007
(online)
I wake up at 7 AM, regardless of when I go to sleep. Sleep at 11, awake at 7. Sleep at 4, awake at 7. I HATE it. My alarm clock (on school/work days) is set for 7:30. For once, I would like the chance to hit snooze. I cannot get back to sleep after waking up, but at 3 PM, I can manage a nap sometimes…

This all started when I started writing/drawing my comic – especially over spring break when I was writing several pages each day. It was a really exciting chapter, and I couldn't bring myself to stop. One day, I was drawing for 10 hours straight and then thought “My eyes are watery and my stomach feels weird for some reason… Oh yeah, Eating. I totally forgot about eating today!” Anyway, when I went to sleep, I'd be anxious to be awake and drawing again. Then, it just became habit.

That was BEFORE DD – when I was just drawing my comic for me and my friends. DD is making it so much worse, because now I also think about updating, anticipating/fearing what other people will think, keeping my page pretty, and reading other peoples' comics!

My comic gives me weird dreams. Strange characters appearing in them for no reason at all. That's fine with me because before I was drawing, my dreams had anime visitors like Akabane from Get Backers. *Shivers*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
wyldflowa at 9:06AM, April 28, 2007
(offline)
DD has stopped me sleeping as much as I used to simply because it's something to get up for. XD When I had bad depression I'd lie in bed for days because sleep was the only time I didn't feel like a total crap failiure about myself… Now I drag myself up and get drawing or post something in the forums or code something for the site - it's giving me a purpose, making me some friends and exercising my underused social skills. :) DD is part of my therapy. :D

Okay, sometimes I stay awake til three or four doing my comics (actually, I do that quite often) but I make a marked effort to wake up at a normal time the next morning to keep my sleep schedule good. Generally I know when enough is enough and turn in for the night. Having the self-discipline to set yourelf to bed at a healthy time and get a good sleep is important for good comic work! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Hijuda at 9:41AM, April 28, 2007
(online)
For me, I need self-discipline to keep from passing out at night.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
AQua_ng at 9:48AM, April 28, 2007
(offline)
Nope. Not at all.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
subcultured at 9:52AM, April 28, 2007
(online)
wyldflowa
DD has stopped me sleeping as much as I used to simply because it's something to get up for. XD When I had bad depression I'd lie in bed for days because sleep was the only time I didn't feel like a total crap failiure about myself… Now I drag myself up and get drawing or post something in the forums or code something for the site - it's giving me a purpose, making me some friends and exercising my underused social skills. :) DD is part of my therapy. :D

yay! i'm glad yer beating that :)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
ReincarnatedParano at 12:26PM, April 28, 2007
(offline)
DD hasn't kept me awake yet… But then again, my comic has kept me awake, which I want to submit here… So, maybe? xD;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
SeriousQuiche at 8:12AM, April 29, 2007
(offline)
I don't really sleep that much in the first place. DD doesn't help any thoughXD. I have eight am classes and sleep is very useful, but if I said I was going to get my comic updated, I'll work late to get it done. I only need about four hours of sleep to feel refreshed in the morning, so if the site does cause insomnia I don't really notice.
((CAUSE WHEN YOU'RE AN ART MAJOR, YOU DON'T GET TO SLEEP T-T STUDIO CLASSES))
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
celrena at 3:34AM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
Normally for a few days I'll sleep from 3 to 4 hours and then I'll have one day where I sleep 9 or 12 hours and then I'll go back to 3 and 4 again. I don't have any trouble sleeping but I normally don't sleep enough because once I wake up, I can't go back to sleep.

Same~!! I mostly blame my work since I work third shift. Once I wake up it is hard to fall back asleep if I even get to… *shakes fist at neighbors for being so loud though out the day * There have been times where I was REALLY tired at work because I didn't sleep more then 2-3 hrs since the night before X_X…

There was a time after I got in a small car accident the pain in my back kept me up for days until I started taking painkillers to knock me out heh but besides that I don't have insomnia, I just appear like I don't sleep at all >.> <.<…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon