Networking & Community Projects*

Feedback and Suggestions for "On Demand"
SkylerVane at 4:39PM, Feb. 18, 2008
(offline)
I am a really brain lazy person. So feedback on the concept of the “On Demand” listings is most welcome. And any suggestions as to organization and publicity. Nothing gets anywhere nowadays unless people are talking about it…

I am viewing “On Demand” as I do all the other projects I conceive. I don't want to work alone and I'm not fool enough to imagine I can think of everything. No, not a fool in quite that way. Perhaps more a fool to imagine “On Demand” becoming any sort of success. Not when it is to span more than 20 sites…
Collaborn Visions Fan Fiction Productions :~: BY the Fans, FOR the Fans…

It is easier to think outside the box if you don't even know you're in it.

Are you “On Demand”? Please plague responsibly…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
SkylerVane at 7:12AM, Feb. 19, 2008
(offline)
Hmm. Seems that to save Post space the entries of those interested members of Drunk Duck should amend their information into their “About Yourself” features. Then their name can be in the listings with only a link to their profile page. Saves room and me from having anything to do with any revisions they might desire to make to their On Demand information.

Fully posted entries can be reserved for non-DD members from other sites.

skoolmunkee at 3:46PM, Feb. 19, 2008
(offline)
Well, in order to post on the forums they'll have to have a DD account, so might as well make it a rule for everybody :) Unless you were going to try and copy paste from a bunch of sites?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
SkylerVane at 9:40AM, Feb. 22, 2008
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Well, in order to post on the forums they'll have to have a DD account, so might as well make it a rule for everybody :) Unless you were going to try and copy paste from a bunch of sites?

Either personnally - where I have an account - or through various helpers, forum threads will be started at many likely sites; those interested to have a profile listed On Demand will reply in said threads in their own communities.

Copying could get tiresome depending on how the listings shift and grow. A name under the proper heading and category and then a link to the Profile info. elsewhere seems like the best way to go. Limits for the DD forums seems to be about 5-8 kb and the general listings with full Profiles incorperated could get to be 20-50 kb easily. A name and a link alone will save a lot of kb space per listing post. I plan to break the headings into individual posts to allow maximum kb per.

Skullbie at 5:33PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Well it's a neat idea, but you have a ton of useless formal text, it will scare away both ‘demanders’ and your ‘demanded’. this is a friendly webcomic forum, not a place you want to see something worded as a formal document! lol!

I suggest going through it and making it more to the point, this includes those ‘specific listings’. You should add them when an artist actually wants to do them, other wise the emtyness seems silly.

Make it more obvious what your about too, I couldn't figure out what you meant at first. Was this a place to advertise my art skills or see others?
Use HTML to make it obvious, put little disclaimers in red, headlines in bold, and make your entry form obvious. (put inside quotes, bigger letters)

So yeah, only complaint is text overkill, and those are just my two-cents, but besides that I think it's a nice organized idea. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
SkylerVane at 6:15AM, Feb. 23, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
Well it's a neat idea, but you have a ton of useless formal text, it will scare away both ‘demanders’ and your ‘demanded’. this is a friendly webcomic forum, not a place you want to see something worded as a formal document! lol!

I suggest going through it and making it more to the point, this includes those ‘specific listings’. You should add them when an artist actually wants to do them, other wise the emtyness seems silly.

Make it more obvious what your about too, I couldn't figure out what you meant at first. Was this a place to advertise my art skills or see others?
Use HTML to make it obvious, put little disclaimers in red, headlines in bold, and make your entry form obvious. (put inside quotes, bigger letters)

So yeah, only complaint is text overkill, and those are just my two-cents, but besides that I think it's a nice organized idea. :)

I do have much trouble being simplistic and direct. And I sort of want the scare factor to find out who is serious and not. These listings might become THE place on the web to build freelance production crews and projects and I like to make the whys and wherefors clear from the start to save trouble making things known later. If use of these forums is so casual, perhaps it is not the place for these listings. They are mean just as much for serious business as for casual fun, with the enphasis on the serious business. I expect a much greater response from amature and semi-professional artists looking for commissioners than from casual artists seeking to help out with various projects.

I have outlined the full listings because I imagine few artists think of specializing right down to a very specific aspect of production. I want it to be clear how specilized an artist might choose to be. I have had comments about the intimidating emptiness before and I can see the point, but I hate not to be myself. I am not a promoter by nature. I take the point under serious consideration with a sigh of defeat…

Good heavens! A phone book works both ways. This is something like a phone book listing in the yellow pages. You can seek and you can be sought.

I really should utilize HTML, yes. I just don't think of those little buttons up there at all and so do not consider using them. Handy little things.

Thank you very much for your helpful feedback! I feel better about the lack of response now, having the possible inhibitions pointed out to me by a third party.

SkylerVane at 7:55AM, Feb. 23, 2008
(offline)
I have redone the text for the Writers On Demand thread. No shorter, but hopefully clearer. What do you think, Scullbie?

SkylerVane at 8:47AM, March 1, 2008
(offline)
New Profile aspects. What franchises the artist/writer is a fan of can help a commissioner immensely, as it speaks volumes about tastes.

A Commission Rates section for the commissionable artists and writers.

Registry Entry requirements softened.

Awareness at Fur Affinity growing.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon