MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia elections! Put your name forward or feel my wrath!
harkovast at 6:06PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
Okay we need an experienced mafia player who is not a total douche bag to run the next mafia game.
If you need more then that explaining to you, you are not experienced enough to run a mafia game!

For some weird reason people want me to organise this transition. Sounds rather like letting an alchoholic look after your family pub for you while you go on holiday to me….

Everyone who wants a go put forward your names! Names not recieved by mid night GMT will be ignored.

After that we will have a good old fashioned vote for which lunatic we want to run this asylum!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:07PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
TFGM is ready for this! Come be apart of Mafia 9: Monster Mash!

Plot,

The Townies thought their biggest worry was the mafia. Well a worse threat has come to Townston! Three of the biggest names in monsterdom have made a bet. A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE bet. The bet is who could take over the town first.

Who well win the bet? The Vampires? The Zombies? The Werewolfs? Or will the Townies spoil the bet and save the town?

Roles,

Townies!

Mayor(1)
Pardoner(1)
Bodyguards(2)
Slayer = vig(1)
Scairy movie fan = vet(2)
Paranoid(1)
Town Giles = Detective(1)
Witch = medic(2)
Van Helsing(1)
Goody Goody Two Shoes(2)
Citizens(5)

Van Helsing: can not be turned! He functions as a paranoid who can tell friend from foe. He is also so good at his job that the power to find players roles well only show him as a normal.

Goody Goody Two Shoes: Normal citizens who are so good they are known to be good. They can not be targeted until the secound night.

All townies in the beginning choose either garlic(vampire), silver pendant(werewolf) or a torch(zombie). These are defenses agianst the monster races. Example: If a vamp attacks a player with a garlic defense the player is not turned and the clues well still be layed.
Monsters

The Sire = vampire leader(1)
The Elder = werewolf leader(1)
1st Viticm = zombie leader(1)

All there have the following powers,

Two views at someone's role((I'd call it different for each race.))
Diguise((If anyone used the power to discover a role on them while this power is active then they would show up as a normal townie. While in diguise you can not turn people. Once this power is turned off it can not be turned back on.))
Sacrafise a minion!((Once per game they can scarafice a minion to save a life. It dosn't have to be your life either. For example they can use it on them at night so if that night you think the vig or another is coming for you instead they get a minion. Same goes for the lynch. This can only be used if there is a minion to scarafice.))
Turn someone!((This is how you get minions! You target someone at night and go at them. There well be clues in the morning of who attacked and who was turned. Once turned your on that side for the rest of the game and they gain the power to turn others. If you try to turn another monster both die in a epic battle. The only way to make sure you both don't die is to double team it. Example: Two werewolfs jump a vamp, the vamp dies and werewolfs live. You can only turn someone if your remove your diguise.))
If the leader goes we all go!((If the leader of any of the monster races would die all of his race die with him/her.))

Goals,

Townies to kill all monsters.
Monsters to be the last race.

Helpful Info,
If a leader is attacked by a minion of another monster race the minion is killed and the leader lives.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
crocty at 7:31PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
I'm totally running this game! I'll get all my goals story narrative blah blah soon, I haven't written it yet! D:

I'll go get some chips and do that now!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:41PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
Example Narrative,

We join out helpless victom as he is heading home from a long day of doing things. He thought he would take a short cut through the ally with the really scary sounding name.But on seeing the dark figure in the shadows he thought he would do better if he didn't.

As he passed the ally the dark figure flew at him while shouting, “Vah! I vant to suck your blood!”

Our vitcom remind quite from shock. He tried push the attacker off of him with no luck.

He only hoped this was all a dream and he would wake up soon. But saidly that would not be the case as our victom slowly lost closed his eyes.

The attacker picked up the victom and began moving to his hide out. He was glad no one had thrown a wrench in his plans.

((The blue colors are clues about the attacker: Me. In my comic The Rejects there are shadowy figures in allys. I'm the flying green monkey. I can fly.
Green colors are the clues of the victom. In this case Roku who says in her profile she is quite and one of her comics is named *something* dream.
The red is for red herring))

Clues will be based on profiles, avi, sig, comic icons and the first ten pages of comics.

I'm doing the first 10 cause I've been noticing clues the require someone to know the attackers comic in the past few games. I've also notice only a select few players go through the comics looking for the clues. This way you know where to look and it makes you look.

crocty at 7:49PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
The attacker picked up the victom and began moving to his hide out. He was glad no one had thrown a wrench in his plans.

((The red is for red herring))
HAY!
D:<

Writing my narrative now~
I believe I have everything else in .txt file somewhere…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Niccea at 7:58PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
Ochi wanted me to bring something up at some point in time. The constant changing of names might confuse the newbies to the game. She loves the whole theme idea, but the changing of role names is a bit much.

Me. I don't care, but I did have a hard time keeping roles straight in Harks game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
pastel at 8:10PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
out helpless victom

remind quite

…slowly lost closed his eyes…

Not to be nitpicky, but if you aren't doing so yet, try writing out your narratives in Word first and run the spellcheck and grammarcheck. Normally this type of thing isn't a problem but when you're solving clues, it's easy to get things confused when a sentence or word is off.

~
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
crocty at 8:36PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
I AM FULL OF SALT AND CAFFIENE, LET'S DO THI–
Way to tell me before I already thought up a plot, role list, and narrative with my theme, Niccea/Ochi!
Gawd!

Anyway stuff and whatnot:
Plot

While Harkovast was fighting his Spanish Mongoose Fever, Crocty the Tenacious Bounty Hunter/Scientist/All around awesome guy went out to search for a cure, researching the Spanish Mongoose. While extracting their venom, he accidentally placed some of it in a tea cup when he ran out of test tubes.

Foolishly drinking the venom, he came down with a minor case, now desperate for a cure. The next day Harkovast was awake, telling Crocty he had seen a vision of where to find a cure. Harkovast told him the cure was three types of dinosaur blood, found deep in the jungle of Really far away-ia. Crocty set off immediately, bringing along 16 explorers to help him.

(Harkovast talked of another cure was having a huge inner battle with monkeys and Elvis, but Crocty brushed off this idea as “Pretty gay” )

Unfortunately the dinosaurs saw them coming and perfected their disguises, making them look like regular explorers. Now the explorers will have to find out which team member is a dinosaur that they need to kill, and who they can trust.

In Crocty's state, he is unable to steer the boat, or lead the search, meaning the explorers will have to decide who will be the new captain.

Roles
Explorers:

Mayor - Captain
Pardoner - First Mate
Bodyguards - Porters
Vigilante - Hunter
Paramedics - Witch Doctors
Veteran - Indiana Jones
Paranoid - Jinx
Detective - Scientist
New Role - Librarian*
Townie - Local

Dinosaurs:

Godfather - T-Rex
Mafioso - Velociraptor
Mad bomber - Pterosaur

*Librarian
This Explorer loves to read books, such as diaries of other Explorers.
As soon as you are PQed your role, you will be told the name and role of another Explorer. The Explorer I PQ you will be informed his role was told to you, but not who the Librarian is. The person you are told can only be an Explorer, never a dinosaur, so you can completely trust this person.

I'm not so sure about it. I kinda like it, but if you could say what you think of it, I can decide whether or not to use it~

Format shall be same as ever, I don't believe I'll be changing much else with the roles. Maybe a few tweaks, but I can't remember any huge differences…

Narrative is as follows~
Harkovast was out taking his midnight walk along the decks of the ship, to steal some medicine from the medical room.
He was approached by an unknown figure.
“I’ve been watching you for some time, Harkovast. You’ve been quite the bad cat, haven’t you?”
Harkovast was in shock “Okay, I only took the odd pill from the cabinets, and that was because I actually needed them!”
“Silence! I don’t care about your petty thefts; I only care about your murder of my kind!”
“Hey, okay, I thought he was giant water horse, I swear! How was I supposed to know he was huma—“
Harkovast was cut off, quite literally. The figure had sliced his body in two.
“Oh, bugger…”

Harkovast the Local is dead.

Clues are based on Profiles, Avatars, Signatures, and comic names. Not actual comic pages, it's a pain to read them all D:
1)“I've been watching you for some time” my Signature says “ALWAYS WATCHING”
2)“I thought it was a giant water horse, I swear!” my profile contains a picture of a giant sea horse, see?

I do believe that is all. If I missed anything, someone please tell me.
^^ K thanx bai!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:37PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
pastel
Not to be nitpicky, but if you aren't doing so yet, try writing out your narratives in Word first and run the spellcheck and grammarcheck. Normally this type of thing isn't a problem but when you're solving clues, it's easy to get things confused when a sentence or word is off.

I already know this and was planning on using word to wright my narratives. I didn't here cause I wanted to be the first to post X3 I learned in Psch 1A that the first and last are what you remember most XD

EDIT: I forgot my game will be 24hrs for each night/day and that narratives will be givin at 4pm PST(12am GMT)

EDIT EDIT: Vote TFGM ;D

harkovast at 5:20AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
I like crotcy's one, possibly because he refers to the plot to my game as “pretty gay” which made me chuckle! Also the idea of dinosaurs in rubbish disguises with fake 'tachces is quite funny.

TFGM your game sounds a bit complicated, with people being converted to monsters, it might be hard to keep track of who is who. It seems to be reinventing the wheel a bit, so I am not too keen.
But if you do win here are my suggestions-
Werewolf leader should be called Pack Leader.
Zombie leader should be called Patient Zero.

Remember to PQ me your votes by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT GMT!
If I dont get any votes, then I will be the only one voting and you know I will go and pick something stupid!

waff at 9:08AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
I'm gonna try for GM.
(imagine this as be typed out on a type writer as you read it k?)
scenario:Research asylum.
factions:Patients (townies) vs Psychos (mafia).
Roles,elected:Tinfoil hat wearer (mayor) and Insightful 2nd place (pardoner)
Roles,patients: Patient (townie), Orderly (bodyguard), Napolean (vigilante), Friend (paramedic), Psychologist (detective), Test subject (veteran), Paranoid (paranoid) and Staff member (new role, innocent).
Staff member flavour text: It is obvious you're a member of the staff, wether it's the fact that you dress differently, are not actually crazy enough to be here as a patient (although there are some…) or that you carry a level 3 keycard. And everyone knows it. The identity of the Staff member is revealed at the beginning of the first ‘day’ cycle to everyone. The staff member role is an attachment of sorts and can be given to any patient role on top of the original role with the exception of the following :Napolean, Test subject and Paranoid. The staff member can become an orderly if he or she has the patient role as well.
Roles, psychos: Magnificent barstard (godfather), Psycho (mafia) and Psycho (mad bomber).
The only changes will be the role names, small extras being added to the narratives and a 1st person view for the narratives.
Sample narrative:
Coroner's report, XX/XX/200X
The townston police found the body of what appears to be a staff member from the local research facility in cutthroat alley last night at around 8PM, he was found in the center center of a massive (approx the length of one and a half police squadcars) foot print, so unsurprisingly the subject was crushed to death (flat like almost 2-D). From the position he was found in he was preparing to fight whatever killed him. DNA testing revealed the victim to be Harkovast. There doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with him except lingering traces of mongoose venom in his bloodstream.
extract from N's diary, XX/XX/200X
I got a new supervisor today, he was waiting outside the door as I went to put the ‘HELP WANTED’ sign in the recruitment center window. Strangley I find myself wondoring if he knew about hark's death before me.
Clues: 1:soldier quote in profile “if fighting is sure to result in victory ,then you must fight”. 2:My profile mentions that I like giant robots and hark was stepped on.
clues will be based on avatars, comic names and thumbnails, profiles and signatures.
I hope that's everything.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
gullas at 10:28AM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
I like all three candidates, but personally I favour crocty's game atm :)

I am thinking about running one, maybe I'll think of something and post it tonight :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Ozoneocean at 10:44AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
Here's my sample narrative:

The sky was dark and thunderous.
Lightning FLASHED her boobs as Harkovast, which made him forget for a moment just how wet his fur was. He cursed for the nth time that he'd forgotten his raincoat and decided that maybe furries should wear cloths afterall…
“SHAMELESS HUSSY!” Hark shouted at Lighting, and hurried on his way, head bowed against the rainstorm.
Suddenly, he was started by the crack of thunder!
“Hey, Thunder! Pull up your bloody trousers you fat arsed slob!” shouted Hark in irritation, relived that he'd noticed in time and avoided walking face first into something extremely unpleasant…

Walking along, shaking his head in relief at such a narrow escape, Hark failed to notice that some mysterious individual had removed the manhole cover.
The ground vanished, blackness rushed past his face, a satanic stench assaulted his nostrils, and for some reason he started to think of the colour blue…

And that was the very last thing Harkovast experienced before falling into an open sewer and dying.

Harkovast the vigilante is DEAD!!! O_O

———————
There are things I'd use as clues in there, meh, that's just a sample, I can make it point to anyone. and like Crocty:

Crocty
Clues are based on Profiles, Avatars, Signatures, and comic names. Not actual comic pages, it's a pain to read them all D:
My cues wil be pretty close to what BK had in her first game.

———————
Scenario:
Drunk Duck!!!!!!
Admins, Moderators, trolls, hackers, noobs, and general DD users.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Hakoshen at 11:01AM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
crocty
I AM FULL OF SALT AND CAFFIENE, LET'S DO THI–

Normally I'd vote for you just for that line alone, but I'm gonna wait a few hours and see what everyone else puts forth.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Ozoneocean at 11:05AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Lightning FLASHED her boobs as Harkovast,
Oh man, that's classic! I'm definitely voting for you. That's hilarious :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
waff at 2:41PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
but that's your quote O3H2O

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
harkovast at 4:59PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
And the winner is…..

CROCTY!

*puts on explorers pith helmet*

Lets go shoot some dino's!

crocty at 6:01PM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
:D
Awesomes.

I'll write out a sign up thread and get it posted then.
Hakoshen at 6:15PM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
Whoops, forgot to vote X( .
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
harkovast at 6:18PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
It is a bit late now hak!

Product Placement at 6:41PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
Wow. This must be the fastest election I've ever seen.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
crocty at 6:42PM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
Whoah PP, you're behind. We already had Game IX, it was voted best Mafia game in the history of ever. I can't believe you didn't sign up.

So when are signups for Game XIII?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:43PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
I like waff's the best but like Hak I forgot to vote XD….I mean I didn't vote! Its my right as an american! >.> .>

harkovast at 6:45PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
TFGM the fact you didn't use your right as an American proves you are an evil commie infiltrator, set on destroying liberty and freedom and hot dogs!
Personally….I always suspected….

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:14PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
harkovast
TFGM the fact you didn't use your right as an American proves you are an evil commie infiltrator, set on destroying liberty and freedom and hot dogs!
Lies! I'm not from Australia. I'm not forced to vote! Are you a fascist hark? Wanting us to vote while you stand outside the voting booth with a baseball bat? This election is rigged! XD

P.S. I'd never destroy hot dogs! What kind of monster would do that D:<

Hakoshen at 7:55PM, June 9, 2009
(offline)
Well, I was gonna vote for Crocty so I suppose it doesn't matter.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnyways…
-Harkovast
ParkerFarker at 4:38AM, June 10, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
harkovast
Lies! I'm not from Australia. I'm not forced to vote! Are you a fascist hark? Wanting us to vote while you stand outside the voting booth with a baseball bat? This election is rigged! XD

hey man whoa! We know our leader is who should rightfully be there, we know he has the majority of the entire population. Not just those business men.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Aghammer at 9:16AM, June 10, 2009
(offline)
Okay, where the sign-up?? Crocty, stop being a slacker man!! And this was one fast election phase… HAHA. Hark, you rock as always!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crocty at 9:57AM, June 10, 2009
(offline)
Oops, I didn't send the link here.
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=226&tid=49143&pid=695567
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:37PM, June 10, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
harkovast

hey man whoa! We know our leader is who should rightfully be there, we know he has the majority of the entire population. Not just those business men.
What you talking about?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon