Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia V; The Don's Return
Product Placement at 5:30AM, April 18, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
I think we can do the next one in General still - since we did get a couple new people. I suppose when we stop getting new people to sign up for these, we'll move it back to Games. Sound fair?

How about expanding the operations and create a new category for Mafia, like you did with Fightsplosion?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
crocty at 6:09AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Yeah, Nic, I think a double lynch is in order…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Niccea at 6:41AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
I'll send a message to Hakoshen right now.

Who should run the GM elections then? We also had some problems with the first one. Humorman was trying to trick people into voting for him. The thread was deleted, but I was pretty offended at how low that move was.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
skoolmunkee at 9:21AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
How about expanding the operations and create a new category for Mafia, like you did with Fightsplosion?
Can't be done, needs a coder at Platinum. It's a nice thought though. :]

What-all does running the elections involve? Just someone to count the votes or what?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Niccea at 9:30AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Pretty much. And eligibility check. Pretty much what I did when I ran it.
the2ndredbaron at 9:42AM, April 18, 2009
(online)
i'm not running for gm next game I'll do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Niccea at 9:55AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Alright then. You can look at the previous election for the rules, setup, and what not.
Product Placement at 10:10AM, April 18, 2009
(online)
So we're not gonna use the last GM runs the election rule?

Also, this game is still on right?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Niccea at 10:14AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
So we're not gonna use the last GM runs the election rule?

Also, this game is still on right?
Yeah. But there was nearly two weeks in between IV and V…just starting out earlier for a smoother transition.

And the past GM runs the election is not really a set in stone thing. As long as the past GM doesn't run again for a while.
Hakoshen at 10:51AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
So wait, am I supposed to run the elections?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 10:55AM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
So wait, am I supposed to run the elections?
YOu don't have to. Red volunteered.
skoolmunkee at 2:19PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Is it time for people to die yet?! lol! It's the most exciting part of the game!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
waff at 2:30PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
just a couple more hours skool *duct tapes a banana to skoolmunkee's head*

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Niccea at 2:54PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
*grab's Waff's squirrel and tapes it to his head*
waff at 2:57PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
Niccea
*shrinks to chibi size and spends a pointless ten minutes attempting to grab his squirell*

Niccea at 3:03PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Either I have a dirty mind or that sounds wrong.
waff at 3:12PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
Niccea
*shrinks to chibi size and spends a pointless ten minutes attempting to grab the squirell off his head*
that better?

Niccea at 3:29PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Yeah.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:46PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
Will I'm still not mafia, thankfully only humer's killing sound like me so far. Mayor knows I'm not detective knows I'm not and a few others I've talked too think I'm not :P

Also I'll be gone for the first have of day cycle. Japanese Study group from well 6-9 forum time and then we userally go out and have fun so I might not make it back tell tommorrow forum time 2am or what not.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Aghammer at 3:47PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
I don't think you are :D Let's see.. the “night” ends in 1 hour 15 minutes or so?

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Will I'm still not mafia, thankfully only humer's killing sound like me so far. Mayor knows I'm not detective knows I'm not and a few others I've talked too think I'm not :P

Also I'll be gone for the first have of day cycle. Japanese Study group from well 6-9 forum time and then we userally go out and have fun so I might not make it back tell tommorrow forum time 2am or what not.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
waff at 3:52PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
9 minutes by my clock.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:56PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
waff
9 minutes by my clock.
four mins by my clock now :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Aghammer at 3:57PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Damn… HAHA… oh well. Sooner is better. I should have time tonight to work on the new clues (if I still live).

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
waff
9 minutes by my clock.
four mins by my clock now :D
Niccea at 4:00PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
It ends now.
Hakoshen at 4:00PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
WALL OF TEXT!!

Rengishi was at home, watching the latest episode of Bleach when a knock sounded at the door. Ichigo was, once again, discovering some new form of hollow transformation to kill some new creature that had somehow remained hidden and/or unkilled by the Seretei for 10,000 years. It was all very typical, but it was how Rengishi spent his Saturdays alternating with playing Fallout 3 that is, and damned if someone was going to interrupt his ritual.
He stood and bolted for the door, running half sideways so that he could still see the television. He threw open the door, and turned ever so briefly to identify his guest, and found himself staring down the barrel of a certain well known .45 ACP submachine gun. Reflexes toned by years of anime training allowed him to dodge sideways and kick the gun from his attacker's hands, but as he brought his foot down, his attacker was on him, pummeling him with an assortment of punches.
Rengishi tried to fight back, but his attacker was far too agile and slippery like some sort of small, simian creature. Lastly, he slipped and fell under the onslaught and turned back towards the television. It had a trio of bullet holes in it from where his attacker's first barrage missed.
“Damn it, I'm gonna sue you for that!”
“Right…” his attacker replied, having regained his weapon, and emptied another few bullets into Rengishi's form before the gun jammed. “Son of a,” and then, not even caring anymore, the killer stalked away.

Rengishi the Townie and Bodyguard is dead!

TheFlyingGreenMonkey was hard at work in the office. Being essentially they mayor's aide, he had a steady stream of paperwork and duties. The mafia had been killing townies left and right and there was no end in sight. That's when his door flew open and something flew across the room and smacked him in the forehead hard enough to knock him out of his chair. As his vision cleared, he saw what had hit him… a loaf of petrified bread.
He staggered to his feet but was forced to duck down again as a series of gunshots rang out over him, punching holes in the desk and the wall behind.
“You should have never gone against me,” his attacker called, before lobbing a grenade into the space between the desk and the wall. TheFlyingGreenMonkey was forced to take flight, leaping into the air and attempting to get clear of the explosive and get the jump on his opponent, but the grenade went off showering his back with fragmented graphite, and another series of gunshots hit him in his wings and sent him into a tailspin, where he crashed into the far wall.
Bleeding, in pain and disoriented, TheFlyingGreenMonkey was confused. Nobody should have been able to get into the building who didn't have prior authorization. It wasn't right. Unless…
As his killer neared, TheFlyingGreenMonkey jerked upwards and snatched the hood off of his killer's face.
“I trusted you!” he shouted.
“Yeah. Sorry,” the killer replied, gently placing another grenade in his lap and turned to walk away. Then, as if nothing were amiss, the killer headed back down the hall as an explosion rocked the building.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey the paramedic and Pardoner is dead!

Gullas was with friends that night, playing a game of D
“So I says to the ogre, I says,” but he didn't get to finish as a large, hulking figure came crashing through the door, machetes in both hands and swinging like a maniac. Gullas started for the door, but his attacker cut him off.
“Don't run, it only pisses me off,” he remarked, brandishing his machetes.
“What did I ever do to you?” Gullas asked, edging his way towards the kitchen, hoping to find a knife or a bazooka or something he could use as a means of defense. The killer shrugged. “Figures, it's always the quiet ones,” Gullas's hand landed on a knife and he reared his hand to throw, but his killer beat him to it and neatly severed his hand at the forearm. Before he could even scream in pain, the other one landed dead center of his chest. The killer slumped away, uncaring as Gullas remained pinned to the refrigerator, quickly bleeding out.

Gullas the townie is dead!

The2ndredbaron had had quite enough of staying in this craphole of a town, and he was all set to hop in his plane and fly the hell out of here; to where it didn't matter. He knew he was a dead man if he didn't get out of town fast. He had struggled to uncover the mafia but everyone he had snooped on turned out innocent and he didn't have the time nor the manpower to finish his investigation. As he struggled to get his things together in time, he realized his favorite pair of boots had just burst a seam and it was totally going to annoy the hell out of him until he could get it fixed.
“Damn it this is so gay,” he muttered, and then the telltale knock at the door came. A shiver of dread ran down his spine, but he was a pilot damn it, and pilots were fearless. If he was going to die he'd meet his murderer head on. He stormed to the door and flung it open, and didn'g even take the time to look at his guest before yelling;
“I aint nobody's bitch!” and decking his guest square in the face.
“Owwww!” the person moaned, and The2ndredbaron paused. He had just struck some young woman.
“Oh, I'm sorry! I thought you were…” and then, he took another look and paused in confusion. Was this really a woman after all? No… it was a…! “Son of a-” but before he could manage his expletive, his attacker fired off a round from his gun and hit the baron in his shoulder.
“Oh, sorry. I'm not very good at this!” the killer stood, sighted his weapon and took fire again, this time hitting The2ndredbaron square in his heart.
“You… were just playing helpless!” he gasped with his last breath before he fell over into a heap.

The2ndredbaron the detective is dead!

Crocty was walking down the street, and tossed a soda can at a crow that was nesting on one of the power lines. The bird cawed and flew away, and Crocty followed the path of the soda can to realize it had landed on the front steps of the local Gamestop. Stepping inside, Crocty noticed that the only person there was Hakoshen who was muttering under his breath and playing a game on one of the screens.
“Ehn,” was all Hakoshen uttered as his customer entered, as he was entirely focused on playing some Avatar the Last Airbender game, except for some reason the screen was in black and white which forced him to concentrate even harder on it.
Crocty started to look through the merchandise for something he might be interested in before he noticed a figure somehow clad in shadows and darkness in the well lit store. He put one and two together just half a second too late, as his killer came at him with a jian.
Crocty, remembering exactly what kind of store this was, leapt behind the counter and found a spare lightsaber underneath the counter. Grinning with an evil anticiption of retribution, he leapt to his feet and pointed the hilt at his enemy.
“Suck on this!” he shouted and thumbed it to life. What Crocty didn't know was it was a double bladed lightsaber and one of the shafts of light punched clear through his stomach. The weapon deacativated as it slipped from his hands and his killer simply paused, walked over and gently, so he didn't damage the blade and be forced to spend the next hour working the nicks out of it, eased the blade into the back of Crocty's neck, ensuring he was dead, and then casually strolled out. When Hakoshen turned around he saw a dead body on the floor and his boss's lightsaber in the corps's hands.
“What the hell?”

Crocty the townie is dead!

Night Three is over and Day Four has begun. Yee-HAW let's hang somebody!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 4:10PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
*shock* g,d it I was right. *dramatic finger of pointing* you…you…MURDERER!!!

CatCatDragoo at 4:11PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
TheFlyingGreenMonkey the paramedic and Pardoner is dead!

GREENIE IS DEAD?!!! DDDDDDD:

But, but.. he's a Pardoner, who'd kill him?!!!

…. Grrrrrr…….

GREENIE! I WILL AVENGE YOU!!! D:<
My pride and joooy~! x3

FFA motto:
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Aghammer at 4:14PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
Wow, a book! So Nic killed TFGM? Who else could get into the bldg? Not sure about the others yet. We only need one… townies can still take down ONE mafia member if we work together (well, we can try). She also shared the roles with her mafia brothers and sisters getting our paramedic, detective, and bodyguard killed off.

TFGM… sorry man!
Niccea at 4:17PM, April 18, 2009
(offline)
I never revealed any roles.
waff at 4:18PM, April 18, 2009
(online)
*losing all hope* nic and skool my 2 dearest friends *clonk* I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right…I just ain't right

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon