Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Migranes and headaches.
Ozoneocean at 8:14PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(online)
To be fair Suzi, regarding nerves, we're talking about things peripheral to the brain… Perhaps that's not part of a strict biological definition, but it's part of common meaning and in the context of what we've said and especially given your excellent technical description of the migraine process, we can say that “nerves” (as Coveinant described them), aren't affecting emotion.

Apart from the serotonin.

But then, migraines aren't that clearly understood, even now. And what can work for one person, doesn't always work for another…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
usedbooks at 8:36PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
But then, migraines aren't that clearly understood, even now. And what can work for one person, doesn't always work for another…
I've had no luck with any prescription drugs my doctors have tried with me. (I've had every kind of pill, nasal spray, and injection that I can think of.) ; ; It's just frustrating. All I can do is wait them out and avoid any attempts at communication until my brain fixes itself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
imshard at 8:48PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(offline)
I dont get migraines anymore because the doctor gave me meds to deaden my nerves. (chronic pain from multiple major injuries, if you must know)
I don't get hot or cold anymore either!
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
Ozoneocean at 9:00PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(online)
Waiting them out is really the most sure fire way I find, and if you can get something to help you relax and sleep though them, then you're set. The good thing about them is that they tend to run for a set time and you can sleep though most of the pain period and wake up at the end without experiencing much of it. :)

GETTING knocked out to start with is the hard part… I've heard that historically, when people didn't have access to narcotic, the only real treatment was to get extremely drunk. I take 2 capsules that contain 8mg Codeine Phosphate, 5mg Doxylamine Succinate and 500mg Paracetamol each…

The Codeine/Paracetamol is only a mild pain killer really, and even pills with 30mg of Codeine in each aren't much more effective than 8mg, but they have the added disadvantage of causing a reaction that increases pain if you take them too regularly. Anyway, it's a mild pain killer that may or may not work, while the Doxylamine Succinate makes you more relaxed and sleepy, so that's the best thing. ^_^
TheMidge28 at 9:01PM, Nov. 8, 2007
(online)
Inkmonkey
So I guess you could say there are nerves that control my emotion on every inch of my body.

*giggle*
me too!

sorry I tend to read things out of context!

as to why someone gets migranes.
Karma?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
lastcall at 3:21AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
Bah! Migraines. I think my fellow ladies will agree when I say PMS is much worse. It's shattered many of my relationships. When you try to explain to a guy that PMS is making you bitchy, they laugh and walk away. And the shitty thing is, they say there is no cure for it, except for “getting plenty of excercise and taking vitamins.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 3:39AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
lol! I think they're a bit different… really… I mean, not that I have PMS and can say, buuuut, migraine can be more frequent, longer lasting, and even women who've them (the severe ones) describe them as being the worst pain ever. Those two people I know who need morphine injections for them are women, now in their late 50's.

Hahaha, but it depends on your own experience of those things. Like everything…

…for a lot of women the pill puts a big damper on PMS. Can even sort out their migraines! (when that's a related problem).
lastcall at 3:53AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
…for a lot of women the pill puts a big damper on PMS. Can even sort out their migraines! (when that's a related problem).

I was taking the pill for acne at one time, and after awhile it actually made me suicidal. I tried to kill myself three times! They had to take me off of it. It was one of the darkest times of my life. Once I got off of it, it was like a huge weight off of my shoulders, like the sun breaking through the clouds.

Now I'm, like, happy all the time. It's kinda creepy. 8D
Ozoneocean at 4:06AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
I like you… ^_^
lastcall at 4:44AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
I like pie. (whoah, deja vu…)
Ozoneocean at 5:00AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
I know. And you can eat that on your own :P
…it's smelly…
Plus, it gives me a headache.
blu at 6:53AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
its really hard to determine the vague differences between a migraine and a mere stress headache for me.

last year i dunno which one of those it was, but my ears felt like i needed to pop them all the time and there was tons of pressure in my head, and sound hurt me and light hurt me so all i could do was lay on my bed in the dark for three days until it went away. :(

it may just be me, but i feel that migraines are definitely worse than PMS, at least a body can still function properly during those crabby crampy days. XP
other than that, this comment is pointless.
spiritstories dot net | TMAC!(m-w-f) |MIRACLE(weekends)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
Pixie at 7:23AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
blu
it may just be me, but i feel that migraines are definitely worse than PMS, at least a body can still function properly during those crabby crampy days. XP

I think that depends how bad your PMS and period pain is. I'm fairly lucky (on the PMS and the migraine fronts - the former is very mild for me, and the latter I never get)… but my sister has such bad time-of-the-month cramps she's stuck in bed for a couple of days with a hot water bottle, doubled over in pain, unable to do anything but moan and occasionally drink a cup of tea. And yeah, it's treatable with certain drugs, but most migraines are too, or so I hear.
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Poke Alster at 7:48AM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
I dont have migranes so ye :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
usedbooks at 2:13PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
I usually get both at the same time or right in succession. With a migraine, I stumble around unable to feel my left side or think straight, while the world is spinning around me and my head feels like it will explode – and I hope it would to relieve the pressure. Cramps put me in a fetal position unable to stand up, feeling like I'm continually being stabbed in the gut.

Oh gee, I don't think I could pick a winner in that little contest…

But the migraines started first and will probably last longer – and don't always follow a schedule, so in the end, they probably trump PMS. Besides, both make me want to scream, but with a migraine, the scream backfires and hurts me more. At least with PMS, I can make everyone else miserable too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Coveinant at 2:19PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
Coveinant
Ok, have you heard of a progressive migrane? I get those about twice a week. (and if you don't know it's a migrane that starts in one area and travels all over the brain)

seriously, when I get these, I'm pretty much paralyzed by the shere pain. so ya, I've had every type of migrane at once (I feel asleep during the last one, so it was not as painful but they usually happen during school).
Enter my contests and be happy about your ideas.

go here, I may have left you something good
CJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
Rutger at 4:02PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
I feel so sorry for you. Honestly, I do. The pain you must endure on a daily basis is enough to drive a moose to suicide.

I myself have never had migraines. Some bad headaches, sure, but nothign qualifying as a migraine. But I'm sure I'll get them eventually, since you've had them ever since you were ten years old.

Boy, I can't wait.

K.A.L.A.-dan! rutGAR desu!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:14PM
Inkmonkey at 9:15PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
Coveinant
you all give me a headache. get it through your heads, I'd rather die than act like a fool.

Um…

Nevermind.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Memmy at 11:09PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(offline)
Reading this thread made my head somewhat spacey.. Maybe several of my brain cells died?

I get migraines every months, probaly related with hormone cycle and I know that migraine is heritary in my family. Lots of my relatives have them… But you know, as I discover that while I'm pregant (6 months now) not one migraine have occured in 4 months. I'm pretty tickled about this, but I'm dreading the time when the baby comes out my body goes back to normal.
When I first became pregant, I had one hell of a muthafuka migraine… I was sick for 24 hours, constantly vomiting and had to stay in the bathtub in a total darkness with intese pain… Like someone was drilling into my skull. I COULDNT SLEEP. Pills were worthless (of course, couldnt keep them down).

So… I dread Feburary.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Ozoneocean at 11:47PM, Nov. 9, 2007
(online)
Memmy
I had one hell of a muthafuka migraine… I was sick for 24 hours, constantly vomiting and had to stay in the bathtub in a total darkness with intese pain… Like someone was drilling into my skull. I COULDNT SLEEP. Pills were worthless (of course, couldnt keep them down).
Yep, I've had those. Almost drive you to suicide…

From what I've read though, for a lot of women that have them, they can often completely go away after you have kids. ^_^
Congrats on having a baby Memmy! :)
Rutger at 5:32AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
I was wondering…what's the line between a normal headache and a migraine? Can you tell the difference?

Ozoneocean at 6:37AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
It's pretty easy. Some people have the ones with special effects… Like all the ones Usedbooks describes. That's the classic version.

The common version, which is what I get, usually has nausea along with it. Pain is generally severe and restricted to one side of the front of your head… although that's not always the case, it usually is, and it's usually a pulsing pain, but not always. (with the human body nothing is always same:) ) I suppose generally you could say that it can be like the worst hangover imaginable, and it stays at that worst point for a very, very long time.

There are other variations… Milder migraines can last for weeks straight, never going away. Hah, the thing is, the less the pain, the longer they seem to last, which makes you just as crazy

A lot of people get them, they're not rare or special, but most people don't and will never get them, so it's not something you need to worry about. People that do get them though like to whine about it… lol!
I know I do :)

Other types of headache, like cluster headache can actually be worse, but they're quite rare. Tension headache is the most common sort, that's the “normal” kind. They're generally not as bad or long lasting. They can still be pretty bad to have though! But they respond well to very mild painkillers and you can function normally while having them without much impairment.
Rutger at 7:11AM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
In that case, I haven't had any mgraines yet. Just severe headaches.

Yay.

Puff_Of_Smoke at 4:35PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Coveinant
with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself.

Why haven't you?

Coveinant
I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

No, they just don't want to hang around some one where one day they'd just say hi to you and you make them explode with your mind.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Lord Shplane at 4:36PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Coveinant
I'd rather die

Please do.

Coveinant
with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself. I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

Did you use your psychic powers?

Anyway, I tend to get headaches when I forget to take my meds. Other than that, they're pretty rare.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
Inkmonkey at 4:45PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Coveinant
with people like you guys, it no wonder I haven't killed myself. I have been make fun of since I was very young, the only reason the people in my school stopped was because I nearly ripped a guy's head off. Get it.

The truth is when someone is arrogant, other people want to cut him down. It's fine when someone is capable of doing certain things, but a whole other matter when he feels the need to constantly remind everyone of what abilities he has. I'm not going to say it's impossible that you “nearly ripped a guy's head off”, but even if that was true; why tell us? Is it a threat? Because I'm pretty sure you're not going to take the time to find all the guys who've poked fun at you on the internet and give them a “Blood Rage” Jay simply put, you're annoying. If you act in real life the same way you act online, I'm not surprised you get picked on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
Ozoneocean at 4:59PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(online)
Please pick on him less.

If Puff or Rutgar spam up the place with their dumb pics again, they're getting warnings. Please guys, keep that in the Top Drawer.
Rutger at 5:08PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
I apologize, I got caught in the moment.

Puff_Of_Smoke at 5:09PM, Nov. 10, 2007
(offline)
Rutger
I apologize, I got caught in the moment.

Me, too.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Poke Alster at 12:13PM, Nov. 11, 2007
(offline)
Alot of migranes are headaches which people have gotten so stressed about theyve developed into migranes
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon