Comic Talk and General Discussion *

September 11 Thoughts Of The Day
TitanOne at 7:44PM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
I think it's too easy to get caught up in the “smashmouth politics” of our modern era. We live in a very politically polarized society, made more extreme by the sentiments of talk radio and the popular Press.

But as a reminder–regardless of what one believes, the victims of 9-11-01 were war dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
tea_green at 10:42PM, Sept. 14, 2007
(online)
The most messed up thing was that Kanye West and 50 Cent played up Sept. 11th because they both had albums coming out that day. So BET and other channels said that today was the most memorable day every because these to jerkwads decided to have a fake rivalry or something, not because people died and all that crap, only because two dudes wanted to make some money to buy a pretty necklace. I died a little inside…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
subcultured at 6:07AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
tea_green
The most messed up thing was that Kanye West and 50 Cent played up Sept. 11th because they both had albums coming out that day. So BET and other channels said that today was the most memorable day every because these to jerkwads decided to have a fake rivalry or something, not because people died and all that crap, only because two dudes wanted to make some money to buy a pretty necklace. I died a little inside…

“kayne west doesn't care about 9/11” :)
those two have the biggest ego in music, i just wish they'd go out of style already.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
shaneronzio at 1:06PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
That day changed the world.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
marine at 8:53PM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
I'm as weirded out by it as I was the day of. Leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling. I've tried to come up with a good response to this thread, but I keep trying to go for humor on the 50cent/kanye west album angle and that doesn't work. I tried to mention some of the hero stories I heard, but its all hearsay so I don't want to say anything I'm not sure of, and then I mentioned Spider-mans black issue with Doctor Doom crying, again going for humor. But there just isn't anything funny going on.

Unless its people arguing about politics in a tragedy thread. Thank you internet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
dueeast at 9:26PM, Sept. 17, 2007
(offline)
You know, Marine, I respect you for keeping your peace and saying what you just did about not wanting to be funny about this. Really and seriously, thank you. :)

marine
I'm as weirded out by it as I was the day of. Leaves me with an uncomfortable feeling. I've tried to come up with a good response to this thread, but I keep trying to go for humor on the 50cent/kanye west album angle and that doesn't work. I tried to mention some of the hero stories I heard, but its all hearsay so I don't want to say anything I'm not sure of, and then I mentioned Spider-mans black issue with Doctor Doom crying, again going for humor. But there just isn't anything funny going on.

Unless its people arguing about politics in a tragedy thread. Thank you internet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
trevoramueller at 10:11AM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
This may change opinions about me, but September 11 is one of the reasons that I stopped watching television. I knew exactly what the media was going to do to the week, how they were going to cover the event, and the thought of all those people specifically scheduling ads to run during those news broadcasts made me ill.

More importantly, the most tragic events of the day were not the fact that a plane crashed into a building, but it was about the people who lost friends, family, and relatives. The most heart-tugging stories that I have ever heard from that day are from the people that were directly affected by it - not by some person who just so happened to see it as they walked down the street.

I knew a girl who lived downstairs from me in the dorms, and she was on the phone with her father when this happened - he was in the second tower. I always feel bad for this girl, who I've since lost touch with, around this time, because there's no way that she can't be reminded of what she lost and what happened. Even if I did have her contact information, I would hesitate to call her up and say I'm sorry for her loss. I would feel like it was just another reminder on a day full of reminders.

Don't get me wrong - September 11 affected this country and the people living in it all around - but the people that it affected the most are the ones who actually lost someone.

On this day, I remember them. The people who survived. The people who have to live with the constant reminder of what they lost. And the people who gave their lives to try to save those in danger.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
SpANG at 12:20PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(online)
TitanOne
I think it's too easy to get caught up in the “smashmouth politics” of our modern era. We live in a very politically polarized society, made more extreme by the sentiments of talk radio and the popular Press.
I suppose, but I can't seem to separate the fact that it could have been prevented if not for the current administration's apathy or incompetence. Call me crazy.

TitanOne
But as a reminder–regardless of what one believes, the victims of 9-11-01 were war dead.
Huh? Where do you get that? We weren't at war with any of the parties involved until after the event.

What war, exactly, are you talking about? Don't say Iraq. I'll need to hit ya if you say Iraq.

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
marine at 12:46PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
SpANG
TitanOne
Huh? Where do you get that? We weren't at war with any of the parties involved until after the event.

What war, exactly, are you talking about? Don't say Iraq. I'll need to hit ya if you say Iraq.

This is exactly whats wrong with this thread.

Spang, it was an act of war against our country. Use some objective reasoning for once.

*goes back to writing poop jokes*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
dueeast at 3:39PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
I agree with Marine and TitanOne. September 11, 2001 was an act of war against the United States and those who died are war dead and should be honored in that respect.

marine
SpANG
TitanOne

This is exactly whats wrong with this thread.

Spang, it was an act of war against our country. Use some objective reasoning for once.

*goes back to writing poop jokes*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
polo at 3:41PM, Sept. 18, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
tea_green

“kayne west doesn't care about 9/11” :)
those two have the biggest ego in music, i just wish they'd go out of style already.

Kanye is a genius!

Back to the topic they did pick the wrong day to come out with albums and try to sell it the way they did! Sad!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Ozoneocean at 2:18AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(online)
subcultured
WTF?! i'm pretty sure the administration didn't put shit on trying to find osama.
prolly put one guy going around the desert asking “hey, man. seen osama? huh?”
You know, the more I think about that guy, the more harmless he seems… I mean how many people is he supposed to have indirectly caused to die through some strange way by sitting around in Pakistan or Afghanistan? And against that we have the invasion and decimation of Afghanistan and Iraq. Sort of responsible VS people who're directly responsible. Just over 3000 VS we don't know how many 10s of thousands, or hundreds of thousands in both wars…

The planes flying into a couple of buildings were no "act of war". That was an audacious act planned by a very small group that had direct consequences (the buildings falling) that they couldn't have HOPED for, that not even the designers of the buildings thought possible. All they wanted to do was kill those poor people who were in the planes and possibly some on the floors that they hit. Every time it's blown up into the “act of war” thing and used as justification for this or that atrocity, I think, "man,the terrorists WIN", because you have been STUPID enough to let them make their one act have so much more meaning than they could ever have hoped for.

Lothar is right! The date 11th/09/2001 is a date of failure, what should have happened was that those lives were mourned and people moved on. Then you go after the people who were responsible: The people; The few individuals, not a religion, not a country, just the guy there who funded this, or the guy there who planned that. But instead it was used to justify and perpetrate MUCH more evil on the world, so that's what should be remembered:
When in future disasters or attacks happen we treat them for what they really are, and we deal with things like rational, educated, intelligent human beings, we DON'T use them to prove the terrorists RIGHT and behave worse than they would ever have the resources to do in a million years.

-Sorry if this is nasty, I cut it right down from the triade that is originally was.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:28PM
SpANG at 6:25AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(online)
marine
WRONG. It was a terrorist act. Osama Bin Laden was not acting out on behalf of Saudi Arabia when he did it. He had no power to do so.

If anybody is not using OBJECTIVE REASONING it's you and others like you. Patriotism is a fine thing, but don't try passing it off as objective.
Terminal at 7:06AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(online)
Why I hate 9/11 on the internet.

“Bush is a horrible person”, “Bush is a great person”, “America is failing”, “War in Iraq is horrible”, “War in Iraq is good!”, “9/11 was a terrorist act!”, “9/11 was an act of war!”, “9/11 was an inside job!”, "The Twin Towers never even existed!“, ”LOOOSE CHANGE IS GOOOD!“, and ”global warming!"

Everyone should get off their fucking political high horse and just remember what happened on that day instead of trying to prove someone else wrong in terms of politics. It seems that one can't speak of the Twin Towers anymore without someone mentioning politics. (Even in a conversation based on architecture. >_>)

That is why I hate Digg's comment system.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:12PM
SpANG at 7:44AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(online)
Terminal
Everyone should get off their fucking political high horse and just remember what happened on that day instead of trying to prove someone else wrong in terms of politics.
Except that nobody (at least not the general public) will ever FULLY know what happened that day. The thread is called “September 11 Thoughts Of The Day”. And those are thoughts. Sorry. You'll need to deal. ;)
lothar at 8:16AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(offline)
what happened?
a lot of destroyed lives.
and now?
People are Still Dying
can't change what already happened.
but we can try to make it so less lives are destroyed today,
and tommorow…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Poke Alster at 9:54AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(offline)
I dont think we should kill the terrorists, they was going to kill them selves anyway,
i say we torture them until they want to die, then torture them more
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon