Off Hours Forum

Wolf's characters
Tantz_Aerine at 4:18PM, Dec. 21, 2007
(online)
Oh my! What a nifty trend we have here. I couldn't but indulge ;)

Wolf's characters are based on fusions and an experiment, actually. I wanted to make characters who are not against stereotypes, but on the surface are so (if that makes sense).

So you have Zoe, who unlike the typical heroine cliche, is the dynamic, strong, knight type. She takes charge (and does so efficiently, without messing up most of the times), she fights wickedly and she appears indestructible- but she is also the damsel in distress, the one who can be fragile or in mortal peril at any moment (through the virus), the one who carries guilt and is uncertain about how good she is deep down ;) (remember her dream?)

And then there is David, who unlike the typical hero cliche, he lets the girl lead, he is calm, pacifistic, the one who offers support and nurture, then one who is mild mannered and who tends to come across as unable to fight effectively or come out the winner in a confrontation (he's a complete push over with Zoe). But he is also the shining knight hero, saving the day, taking charge, being effective, protecting solidly the damsel in distress and becoming pretty intimidating to any villain. ;)

It's amazing how everyone seems to brush Dave over until he whips out the syringe or the dagger. lol!

Now as their actors, it is a refreshing spin. They are supposed to be an atypical actor couple who sort of entered the acting business completely by chance. They are ridiculously in love with each other and unlike their characters they are both wild, sportive, outgoing and not afraid to get to fights if they can't avoid them.

Ian actually is more on the wild side than Anna, and has been a ‘bad boy’ at college, flirting with girls and making professors fume (yet far too good in his grades to be seriously crossed).

Anna has been the ‘good girl’ at school, calm, on the solitary side and with straight A's, but with the sudden wild side that erupts like a volcano momentarily and then goes back in hiding until the next vict– erh, occasion.

They share some abilities with their characters which is also how they probably got cast for the roles as I bet DDC wanted unknowns for the series which started off as a teen serial but then got more appeal to older demographics as well.

That's off the the cuff. I am sure the actors will tell us more as we go further along in Off Hours.

was that too much info for a first shot? lol!
last edited on July 18, 2011 10:23AM
TitanOne at 3:22AM, Dec. 22, 2007
(offline)
Not too much info, no.

I think this comic, by unexpectedly fleshing out the human ‘actors’ behind the roles, helps the audience develop a friendship with our characters.

There's a temptation, actually–yes, I think I will do this–to give the ‘actors’ who play the characters their own “Who's Who” info page…What is the actor's age, height, weight, network or studio where their fictional adventures are dramatized, hometown and region where they grew up…likes, dislikes…that sort of thing.
usedbooks at 6:54AM, Dec. 22, 2007
(online)
I agree. Great info. I kinda know this stuff from our emails. (And Dave doesn't surprise me anymore. He can still surprise the villains, and that's good. lol)

You made me go add more stuff about my characters. It's like a drug. Curse you, Tantz! Your in-depth characterizations are so good, and I'm so impressionable! TitanOne is right; there's a real temptation to create some kind of actor yearbook. o_0
JustNoPoint at 2:45PM, Dec. 24, 2007
(online)
Really like the thought process you put into making Dave and Zoe's roles!
It also makes them really easy and fun to work with!
dueeast at 3:32PM, Dec. 24, 2007
(offline)
I think it's so cool that the Wolf characters/actors are so really well developed for their comic/show as well as off-set. I feel very proud that we kicked off this whole project. Ian and Anna are gonna be a lot of fun to write a lovey-dovey married couple or two (well, in Eric/Gael's case, it's a subdued lovey-dovey, but it's still lovey-dovey! lol! ). Oh and the twists we will introduce… heh, heh!
JustNoPoint at 3:37PM, Dec. 24, 2007
(online)
We need more single guys in Off Hours. The boys from Better Luck Next Time are all we have, and Deon is pretty much “kinda” taken. :P
dueeast at 4:24PM, Dec. 24, 2007
(offline)
Well, at least we will have a lineup change with Chapter 2. ;)

Anything else would be spoilers, but at least keep that in mind…
usedbooks at 4:46PM, Dec. 24, 2007
(online)
JustNoPoint
We need more single guys in Off Hours. The boys from Better Luck Next Time are all we have, and Deon is pretty much “kinda” taken. :P
I almost used my Mike and Alex actors for this, but they aren't as easy or fun to write for. All my men are “supporting actors” at best.

dueeast
Ian and Anna are gonna be a lot of fun to write a lovey-dovey married couple or two (well, in Eric/Gael's case, it's a subdued lovey-dovey, but it's still lovey-dovey! )
They aren't into “cutesy,” but they can do hot/romantic (not 24/7, of course). ;) Couples are fun to draw/write. I don't get to do it much in my comic. :-/ (And least of all with these two!! )
Tantz_Aerine at 9:56AM, Dec. 26, 2007
(online)
I am so happy you like my character building. I have to know all that, or they seem two-D and I hate that XD

I love Titan One's idea! We could even draw them in old photos, from babyhood to childhood to college and stuff like that. Also a few paparazzi shots- like Anna attacking a pizza like a yeti. lol!

And building backstories is addictive- and so FUN! in the Art of Veiling, the backstories are big enough to each be their own book for every character. But that is what makes them so real, so I indulge ;)
Tantz_Aerine at 9:58AM, Dec. 26, 2007
(online)
JustNoPoint

We can have a few crashing the party or calling, right??
dueeast at 10:00AM, Dec. 26, 2007
(offline)
I don't see any problem with that, so long as it makes sense. :)

Tantz Aerine
JustNoPoint

We can have a few crashing the party or calling, right??
Tantz_Aerine at 10:06AM, Dec. 26, 2007
(online)
Or forwarded mail from the DDC station: Complete with lipstick-kissed cards and stalker messages. lol!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon