HA Stories

Heroes Alliance: What You Believe
Abt_Nihil at 5:31AM, Nov. 18, 2011
(offline)
shastab24: Sent you a PQ.
shastab24 at 6:35PM, Nov. 18, 2011
(online)
Thank you, Abt. Of course, now I have more reason to get my pages done, to complete the first week. Well, that and Meechi's page 7.

Melsr, I was wondering if I could tweak the dialog a bit on your pages, to better match the script? I can see the larger pages are unlettered, and wonder if this is for this purpose. Still, I like the pages. And you took a beat panel and made it exciting. Well done.
melsr007 at 1:54PM, Nov. 20, 2011
(online)
shastab24 wrote:
Thank you, Abt. Of course, now I have more reason to get my pages done, to complete the first week. Well, that and Meechi's page 7.

Melsr, I was wondering if I could tweak the dialog a bit on your pages, to better match the script? I can see the larger pages are unlettered, and wonder if this is for this purpose. Still, I like the pages. And you took a beat panel and made it exciting. Well done.
No Problem shastab24 and yes that what the blank paged are for :-)
shastab24 at 3:39PM, Nov. 20, 2011
(online)
Well, I'll try to preserve your style. What font did you use?
melsr007 at 7:45PM, Nov. 20, 2011
(online)
The font I use is Arial
shastab24 at 12:01AM, Nov. 22, 2011
(online)
Thanks. I'll get to it as soon as possible.
shastab24 at 4:47PM, Dec. 9, 2011
(online)
Well, theblackdudewhodraws and StevenVnDoom had to back out. Luckily they only were doing a page each, but now I have to find a replacement artist. We'll see with this. I have a couple artists who agreed to do art when I already had all the pages assigned, and I'll ask them, but I don't know if they're still available.
shastab24 at 5:06PM, Jan. 7, 2012
(online)
I got page 3 done and am nearly done with pages 4 and 5–there's one panel left unfinished, as I've got it half drawn and colored, but it's going to be inked! Yes, I'm actually inking the panel and my final page, which when people see my art for other pages I've done will be recognized as a different approach for me. Heck, my last page might even be computer colored.
I'm getting more drive due to necessity and access. I'm taking it on myself to actually draw the first script in my own superhero universe (since I want it out this year for sure, and whenever I try to get an artist for it, they either stop answering their e-mails once they get the script or they have to back out after months of me getting my hopes up), and am also doing Karabear Comics Unlimited here on Drunk Duck.
On the topic of the pages at hand: theRedDeath, understandably, had to back out of doing the art for the big double page splash. He has art duties on Crossoverkill and has been intermittently doing Bad Guy High Adventures (as well as other likely projects I don't know about) and the splash is kind of ambitious, anyways. So, that leaves four pages (three, if you count the splash as one page) that need art. I'm going to look around, but wanted to announce it in case anybody wanted to step forward and draw any (not an expectation–a hope).
Actually, I was wondering what people might think about more of a jam piece on the splash. It would be interesting to have a page where as many characters as possible are drawn by their own creators (and I'm kind of inspired by the disaster, but noble attempt, of Image United). Likely, people would not be up to this, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.
SympleSymon at 6:37AM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
…this chapter could be uploaded daily, taking two months

That's really the only way to do it :P

Wowzas! That's quite the bar you've set for epicness!

Also, I know it's probably too late, but I'm posting this on every story thread…

Would it be possible to have a bit (no more than 2 panels) where Relik makes a mistake? A slip-up, a missed energy blast, etc? The reason will be revelaed in Psychosis Wave :D
Retake - What happens when a movie star goes from portraying a hero on the silverscreen to becoming one in real-life? Nothing good…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Retake
last edited on Feb. 3, 2012 6:42AM
shastab24 at 4:54PM, Feb. 3, 2012
(online)
Huh. I don't really want to tweak my script this late in the game, but I would have if I hadn't gotten it sent out to a lot of artists. There are just too many pages to add more. In fact I'm trying to cut down–Lemniskate combined his pages, and if I do any more, I'll try and combine them, so I might cut it down to something that can be saddle-stitched when on IndyPlanet (perfect binding makes books so expensive, and we all want the books as cheap as possible in print). I've begun to find out how much can fit on a page, and it's more than I thought it was when I broke down the script (though the script is still poorly broken down–I see some points where there is no way all described can fit in one panel). If I do more pages, though, I might try other art styles, just to stretch myself and find out where things work for me.

The funny thing is that this one introduces Sparkle and Astral to Heroes Alliance and yet only one of my ideas for further scripts features them. Oh well, sometimes that's how it goes. I will get them into Karabear Comics Unlimited when I get to issue 5, so that may be where they primarily reside (competing for time with Eiderdown, Fractal, The Swimmer, and The Runner–it's an anthology comic, after all).

But Empty Brooke may be doing a page or two, and another artist is doing a page, so things might be a bit more on track. Some artists I contacted and either haven't heard back from or forgot I heard back from are Byth1, Legend Comics, CycKath, AcTs, cyberdog, Neilsama, seanb47, dark_wildcard07, and baby doll daily. It's also likely Makenzie might not be able to do it (she's a friend and I haven't seen her around much, and she doesn't reply to e-mails) and I need to contact Andy Mason again (I've held off because he had computer problems and I didn't want to pester him about drawing if he had bigger things to worry about). Just so people know where things may stand, in case people are interested.
fukujinzuke at 9:30AM, April 19, 2012
(online)
shastab - Can you please re-send the script? I've misplaced it I think.
shastab24 at 6:26PM, April 19, 2012
(online)
Fuku, I sent a PQ.
shastab24 at 5:04PM, May 31, 2012
(online)
Hey all, I just wanted to get on here to try to encourage people who aren't working on Heroes Divided pages at the moment to get going on the pages for this issue. I really want to get this thing up soon, and the best way is to get pages done. Granted, not every page has been assigned, but I may take up the lion's share of art duties for those (and all the ones to likely never get done due to artists I can't get in contact with anymore). I may try different art styles, because I want to find what works best for me, but I also may just stick with what I have been doing, trying to refine it.

However, I wanted to bring up, again, my idea for how the double-page splash could be accomplished. Considering its large endeavor, I thought it could be layed out and then multiple artists draw it–in this instance, I would draw all my heroes (and their opponents) and others could either take on their characters or some they would just want to draw (and somebody would need to do the background, too). I could even do the layout to the page, but would want some confirmation that people would like to go this route before doing so.

Also, I want to say that if people would like to jump on to doing art for this issue, or if they would like to alter their page commitment, they are always free to do so.

Let's make sure this issue can follow right on the heels of Heroes Divided, and that way we can know exactly which two months people can use as breathing time, to get pages for other issues done, or to work on their own projects. I know I definitely have been sitting on the pages I drew for the Jam to start the thread for it as soon as What You Believe has either started or is assured a specific starting point.
ironhand at 3:16AM, Aug. 22, 2012
(offline)
Hey, just dropping by to let you know that Page 46 is in the stages of being inked now - I'll start the pencils on Page 44 ASAP
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
shastab24 at 4:15PM, Aug. 22, 2012
(online)
Awesome. I can't wait to see them. Things are coming along a bit better now, it seems.
Wes_Nero123 at 10:43AM, Sept. 9, 2012
(offline)
Sent my page over PQ!
LuchaCoffee at 6:44AM, Sept. 11, 2012
(online)
Mine is like 90% done, I just need to draw the background and then get some help with lettering.

I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

ironhand at 11:25AM, Sept. 11, 2012
(offline)
In the process of inking the big double-page spread that contains 34 people. It was hard work but I think it's paid off. I should have it to you reasonably soon-ish.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
MrHades at 8:15AM, Sept. 19, 2012
(online)
Yo!

Can you PQ me the script?

Dan
MrHades
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
Jules at 11:53AM, Sept. 19, 2012
(online)
I wouldn't mind doing a page or two at all.
shastab24 at 9:37PM, Sept. 19, 2012
(online)
MrHades and Jules, I sent PQs to both of you.
AcTs at 4:09AM, Sept. 25, 2012
(online)
Is there an image for reference for phobia? I have searched and found nothing.
Jules at 4:12PM, Sept. 25, 2012
(online)
shastab24 I PQ'd you, nothing major just 2 questions
shastab24 at 6:14AM, Feb. 25, 2013
(online)
I bet you all are wondering what's taking so long to get the issue to print. Well, pages 13 and 14 need to be colored and I've been to distracted too ask. Anybody willing to color them?
shastab24 at 7:41PM, April 15, 2013
(online)
…And it's in print! Go order it here: http://indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8336

I'm still waiting for my copy, but the issue does have some nifty extras included, like all the black and white pages, an alternate page (because wires got crossed when I was coordinating the thing) by someone who has never contributed to Heroes Unite or Alliance before, as well as the script for the longer fight scene, cut from the comic due to it being so long already. 64 pages of fun, I'd say.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon