Comic Talk and General Discussion *

i miss DRUNK duck !!!
isukun at 6:11PM, Aug. 30, 2012
(online)
Wow, the place seems to have died down considerably since I was last here. Wanted to make sure I ddin't have any remnants of some of my old comics still lingering around here, but thought I'd look in on the forums while I was at it. I was hoping for some interesting conversation, but it looks pretty dead around here.
Ozoneocean at 8:45PM, Aug. 30, 2012
(online)
Yes, since you left no one is interested in talking anymore Izzy.
You took all the fun away with you! :(
isukun at 9:36PM, Sept. 6, 2012
(online)
Yeah, between finishing grad school and starting out in animation, it's been an incredibly busy last few years. Can't say I've really kept up with any web comics in that time. It's good to see some of the old gang still around. Would be nice to see a bit of a revival, although most of my stuff is kind of in limbo at the moment. I'm moving more towards web media and animation, these days and trying to get my studio off the ground while working a day job at a studio out here in LA.
Ozoneocean at 3:29AM, Sept. 7, 2012
(online)
That sounds pretty interesting. We don have a feature here for showcasing vids (http://www.drunkduck.com/video/) if they're on something like Youtube, if you've got anything you'd like to show?
I went to LA for the second time last year (first time was the year before, just passing through).
It's not a bad place, just massively spread out… I liked the vibe and the people there, apart from the Hollywood area, that place sucks massive balls. Santa Monica was pretty much my fave spot. I wouldn't mind living around there.
isukun at 7:34PM, Sept. 12, 2012
(online)
Yeah, I live in the Valley. Despite the stigma, I actually kind of like the Burbank area. I lived in Hollywood for a while. The Hills aren't bad, but the WeHo area is just awful and incredibly sleezy. Nothing like how they portray it in film or on TV.
I added my video to the shared thing a while back, but I don't really get how that's supposed to work. Is it supposed to show up somewhere?
Ozoneocean at 6:35AM, Sept. 13, 2012
(online)
isukun wrote:
Yeah, I live in the Valley. Despite the stigma, I actually kind of like the Burbank area. I lived in Hollywood for a while. The Hills aren't bad, but the WeHo area is just awful and incredibly sleezy. Nothing like how they portray it in film or on TV.
I added my video to the shared thing a while back, but I don't really get how that's supposed to work. Is it supposed to show up somewhere?
I don't know about the previous vid thing. All I know is that I can put vids into that now if I have a link from youtube.
I'm not sure what they were going to do with them when they asked for vids that last time, I think that was part of the old system before the redesign.
isukun at 10:00PM, Sept. 16, 2012
(online)
So sharing a video through your control panel doesn't do anything?
The link for episode 1 ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEuxVD63Nmg&feature=g-user-u
The next episode will go up either tomorrow or Tuesday.
Ozoneocean at 7:38AM, Sept. 17, 2012
(online)
The profile thing doesn't seem to work too well…
But atleast it's now featured as art of the site in the vids section! ^_^
http://www.drunkduck.com/video/
isukun at 8:56AM, Sept. 30, 2012
(online)
Awesome.
Niccea at 1:48PM, Oct. 6, 2012
(offline)
Here is something interesting. I found a site that gives value to website domains.
The Duck Webcomics is only worth $240.
Drunk Duck is worth $102,000
If that isn't a good enough argument to change back the site name, this is it. No one is going to “The Duck” they are going to “Drunk Duck.”
isukun at 7:11AM, Oct. 7, 2012
(online)
Not necessarily. The site has a pretty dedicated fan base that has been around since before the name change. A lot of us have the site bookmarked as drunkduck.com and since it still points here, that really doesn't say anything about whether or not people like the old name over the new. If anything, it's more an indicator that they aren't picking up new readers, anymore.
MrHades at 7:19AM, Oct. 17, 2012
(online)
It says my site is worth 240! lol
http://www.villainstat.com/www/vanguardcomic.com
Hey, why not follow me on Twitter? User name: @THE_MrHades
mattboy115 at 5:22PM, Oct. 19, 2012
(online)
What happened to Drunk Duck?!? I know there was a revamp but I didn't know all my fans would leave! Granted I haven't posted comics in a year and a half but EVERYONE who were fans of my comics are GONE! I can't PQ them. They've all disappeared. The forum games have been all but abandoned. All the old forum tpoics we used to enjoy are DEAD!
-
The new page editor is a bit of an improvement….kinda. I still miss the old way but this is good too.
-
Just…..what the heck happened?!?
last edited on Oct. 19, 2012 5:23PM
edinfresno at 3:31PM, Oct. 26, 2012
(offline)
Wow… Being relatively new here I find I'm in the horribly unfortunate situation of having arrived at the docks after the ship has sailed and, according to everyone posting, there's really no one here now and the former site (which I never got to experience, unfortunately) was much better than the present one. Damn! Talk about being more than a day late and more than a dollar short! It's almost enough to bring me to tears of disappointment.
mattboy115 at 4:23PM, Oct. 26, 2012
(online)
I know. I was sleeping while the ship sailed and found all my friends died when it sunk. If that's not depressing I don't know what is.
Ozoneocean at 10:10PM, Oct. 26, 2012
(online)
Hyup.
that kid yellow at 5:51PM, Dec. 15, 2012
(online)
I been gone a long while. Not to happy about the change. But this is the first place I made my web comics. So it has a certain key to my artistic art. I will start posting again. The military life is so demanding. BUt I hope some changes come soon.
MrHades at 5:05AM, Feb. 8, 2013
(online)
Any word on what's happening with the site? It's been about a year and a half/two years since the ‘re-design’.
skoolmunkee at 12:32PM, Feb. 8, 2013
(offline)
They keep tellin' us that things are gonna happen! That's all I know. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
MrHades at 1:26PM, Feb. 11, 2013
(online)
Arrgh! The waiting, it's killing me! :)
Snevilly at 9:31PM, Feb. 11, 2013
(online)
I just wish I knew what we could do about it. And by it I mean all sorts of things. The duck is hemoraging and with no care, so to speak, it does kind of feel like we're watching it bleed to death.
One or two of them might just make you giggle: MyInstagram, projectBlog, andRPG Blog
last edited on Feb. 11, 2013 9:33PM
skoolmunkee at 4:14PM, Feb. 12, 2013
(offline)
There is nothing that we can do to help them from the business end. We've talked with them about various ideas, and although some are more viable than others, they're not in a position to implement anything.
What we can do is try to keep the community going. I'm not sure we still have enough people to do all the ideas that people might have, but there have been some floating around:
community ambassadors - people who take on a specific task or project, perhaps even going to the effort to contact people to participate (rather than wait for people to find it). There's a number of things that individuals can do to raise others' and DD's profiles too, but I think it's hard to motivate people to do much when the site is generally so low.
more events (vs projects) - like Hangouts
quality content - tutorials are always an option, but I'm trying to get a tumblr up and running and could use some suggestions for content beyond pushing out the newspost stuff. There's a lot of options when it comes to video and Wowio has told us that if we can provide them with short (2-5 minute) video content they'll be happy to put it in their channel. Mini comic reviews, show-and-tells, tutorials, etc.
forum events - I'm not sure the forum is big enough to support this nowadays, but lots of lively forums do things like livewatching TV, etc. Perhaps a “community comic read” with a given comic, and someone to manage questions/topics. Non-standard threads with “choose your own adventure” style game. Collaborative fiction threads where people take turns writing a story. Comic character redesign threads. etc! It's good in a way that the forums are pretty slow now because that means there's more freedom to make all kinds of threads. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
MrHades at 8:50AM, Feb. 13, 2013
(online)
All good ideas, Skool. I don't know the numbers on who's visiting the site, but I feel people would be reticient to get involved in case everything goes down.

Would have thought the current owners would have sold The Duck on while it still has worth. I'm concerned further negelect will sentence the site to it's doom. I just hope that hasn't happened already. With sites like InkOutbreak and ComicRocket taking up the slack, that fate can't be far off.
skoolmunkee at 9:45AM, Feb. 13, 2013
(offline)
yeah, they are going to have some slack to pick up when they get back to developing the site.

Wowio does actually have a plan, but I can't talk about it (what little I know) and I guess it's a bit of a long process. But I wouldn't give up hope on the site just yet, and slow as things are now. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Bekefel at 4:47PM, March 12, 2013
(offline)
This really is a sorry state of affairs.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
itsjustaar at 3:38PM, March 13, 2013
(online)
There is only one reason why I love the site's present state.
I dunno how many ever got the ‘cannot upload due to taking more than 60 seconds’ error SmackJeeves gives when uploading en masse of pages. I was hoping to backlog my work there but I've had to upload one at a time for awhile there.
At least on here, if I have five pages I wanna put for a month, there's no cancellation. I can get as much up and whatever doesn't go, I can just finish what was left.
I'm none too bothered about much else, though. The forum layout is a little sloppy, IMO, and hard to find/read things on such tiny text. Every board I go to, it's weird running to an old topic of mine from 2011 being the recent post in two years.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
Neilsama at 2:21PM, April 20, 2013
(offline)
The site just feels like a ghost town. I remember when Drunk Duck was vibrant and lively. Now, I click on a comic that's on the front page, and the last update was in 2008.
You guys should at least find a way to de-li9st comics that haven't updated in a while.
MrHades at 8:17AM, July 30, 2013
(online)
It's been several years since the re-design, or more accuratley, the butchery of Drunk Duck. Any word on the future for this site?
Been in limbo for years now.
last edited on July 30, 2013 8:19AM
irrevenant at 5:33AM, Aug. 1, 2013
(online)
The only way you could have gotten to a comic from 2008 from the homepage is by clicking on a link in the ‘Quail’s random' section. That section encompasses the entire site, as it should, IMO. I've found some great older comics in there that I wouldn't have found otherwise.
Neilsama wrote:
The site just feels like a ghost town. I remember when Drunk Duck was vibrant and lively. Now, I click on a comic that's on the front page, and the last update was in 2008.
You guys should at least find a way to de-li9st comics that haven't updated in a while.
dueeast at 9:31AM, Oct. 16, 2013
(offline)
Yeah, I'm definitely not used to The Duck forums going nearly 24 hours without a reply to a post. Ghost town, indeed!
I know, people need to get word that The Duck is not a Dead Duck anymore, but it is kind of odd…and hopefully, that'll change.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon