HA Stories

HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)
Abt_Nihil at 3:34PM, March 13, 2015
(offline)
Hey guys, I need your opinion. It's been almost 2 months now since the last update, and usually, I'd start reassigning pages by now. However, I'd feel very bad about this, since (1) I love Neilsama's art, and he's never contributed pages before, (2) he seems to have been working on the next few pages, just not been able to complete any, and (3) the reason seems to be a sensitive family issue. So, it wouldn't feel right to take the pages away from him. Yet, I feel the responsibility to update HA.

Any thoughts?
PIT_FACE at 2:00PM, March 21, 2015
(online)
Hm, that's a difficult situation…but has he given a time frame for when he'll be able to finish them at least? Maybe he cant do that because of the nature of the situation, which i think we would all totally understand, but maybe at this point, the pages are just more pressure on him. Say this is something that'll continue to be prolonged, HA cant wait forever,can it? Maybe ask him and see if he can give any time frame for when he'll have the pages done and if he misses that timeframe, then it could be time to move on.
As much as I do sympathize for his situation and I hope he's okay, it's not exactly fair to the other people who have pages after him to have to keep waiting.

irrevenant at 6:14PM, March 21, 2015
(online)
To throw a third option into the pot: Rather than leave it on hiatus or continue the issue without Neil, are we able to do some short stories or other filler to keep HA going in the meanwhile?

It'd mean pulling in artists at short notice but we'd have to do that anyway.

I think there are a few short story ideas already floating around or we could quickly produce a handful of ~HU Adventures length shorts to fill the space?

We haven't done origin stories for a while, either. This wouldn't be a bad spot to publish origin stories for Militia and Target. (And to a lesser extent, Bones, Fury, Archangel and Coldcut, but those are lesser priority because their origin stories are all somewhere else on the Duck, albeit not in compact form).
shastab24 at 6:16PM, March 22, 2015
(online)
Or we could do one-shot things, like gags and the like, such as when Hero created the little comics with stuff like Cherry Kim: Agent of HU.
Abt_Nihil at 6:40AM, March 24, 2015
(offline)
It would be great to have some HU-Adventure-style stories, origins, or one-shots to post. If any of you reading this can whip something up, I'd be glad. And I should advertise on the main site…
PIT_FACE at 6:43PM, March 25, 2015
(online)
I like the idea! But still, I think even doing that we should set some kind of time frame so the story isnt just lingering on perpetually. I hate to be the debbie downer, but this is the internet. Sometimes people just DONT deliver.

irrevenant at 1:34PM, March 26, 2015
(online)
Good point. Personally I'd be fairly generous and say, give Neil up to the end of June to supply the next page (and the others shortly thereafter).

But that's dependent on us being able to start producing bonus content in a hurry (say 12-15 pages worth in total), so the sooner we can get that sorted, the better.

That character portrait of Monsieur Monkey would be okay filler and I'm guessing CDMalcolm would have a poster of Solarcell he wouldn't mind contributing, but mostly we want short stories, 1-4 pages each, ideally but not necessarily tangentially related to where we paused the main story. For example a quick origin tale for Bones and/or Militia. But at this point probably just about anything would be great.
last edited on March 26, 2015 1:36PM
PIT_FACE at 4:20PM, March 26, 2015
(online)
Hey, that'd be awesome! Maybe we could colaborate on a co-origin story for Mailitia and Bones. like say if maybe they arrived at about the same time. Or even just Mailia. Fandango is pretty much almost ALL Bones. Maybe that'd be overkill?

irrevenant at 6:11PM, March 26, 2015
(online)
Bones *is* very prominent recently. He's like HA's answer to Wolverine! :D But being so prominent is also a good argument for having a 2-3 page origin story to tell readers who this suddenly-prominent character actually *is*.

It could be interesting to combine that with Militia's origin, especially if there are thematic similarities or contrasts. I don't actually know very much about Militia at all, so idk.

I've had a script for a three page Chaos story floating around for a while. If we don't want to foreshadow her yet, it would be *very* easily tweaked to star Mr Imp instead.
PIT_FACE wrote:
Hey, that'd be awesome! Maybe we could colaborate on a co-origin story for Mailitia and Bones. like say if maybe they arrived at about the same time. Or even just Mailia. Fandango is pretty much almost ALL Bones. Maybe that'd be overkill?
PIT_FACE at 9:52AM, March 30, 2015
(online)
I don't know much about Malitia either but it'd be nice if we could pin something together. Who made her?

irrevenant at 7:35PM, March 31, 2015
(online)
Him. He's the guy in the latest page with the blonde beard and helmet. Pretty sure he's one of SUX's characters.
PIT_FACE wrote:
I don't know much about Malitia either but it'd be nice if we could pin something together. Who made her?
PIT_FACE at 11:03AM, April 1, 2015
(online)
Ah shit, you're right! I always get Target and Militia mixed up.Well, we can drop Sux a line and see if he has any particular input about Malitia.

Abt_Nihil at 7:07AM, April 2, 2015
(offline)
Yep, Militia was created by sux. And it would be great to have a little primer on Bones, I think! So that people who don't read Putrid_Meat get to know him better (not that there should be any).
PIT_FACE at 7:09PM, April 2, 2015
(online)
I wouldnt mind putting something together! I'm just not sure the best way to go about this. hmm..

LuchaCoffee at 8:11PM, April 3, 2015
(online)
Yeah you could do Militia's origin if you'd like. :D
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

cdmalcolm1 at 10:48PM, April 5, 2015
(online)
I just found this forum about the delay. I hope everything is okay.

Any how, I was wondering how long until the next update? This way I have enough time to put together a poster of HA…. Anime style. I'm not use to drawing that way and it's taking me a little long to produce. So far, I'm still working on the inks. And their faces…the only one that will not have an anime like face but somewhat of a gundam look, will be shell. Also, I'm not really sure how many members are on HA. So I'm using the ones.

Other notes, I'm going to Mega Con this Sunday. So if any of you are going, let me know.
irrevenant at 2:59AM, April 7, 2015
(online)
Do you have a script of Militia's origin? Or even just a rough outline of it?
I'd forgotten about Target - she'd be a viable subject for an origin story too. Whose character is she again?

We should nail down something really soon though. :O I'm happy to contribute a page or so to whatever (bearing in mind the usual caveat that I ain't that fast so giving me the first page of something would probably be a mistake).

EDIT: Okay, I'm an idiot - Militia's origin is on the Wiki. xD It's a bit dry though - pretty much the standard Captain America/Deathstroke the Terminator bit. Ideally we want to know a bit more about his character, especially since he seems to be the lynchpin of RISE. (For those of you familiar with the classic Suicide Squad, I see him as basically the Rick Flagg role).
sux wrote:
last edited on April 7, 2015 3:00AM
shastab24 at 10:52AM, April 7, 2015
(online)
Target's a character by mind_reader.
LuchaCoffee at 4:42PM, April 8, 2015
(online)
I see him as a man trying really hard to keep a bunch of ‘Ex" criminals on as tight a leash as he can. While he may be a Mercenary who has done a lot of bad things in the name of Democracy, he feels that in the ends will justify the means and the world WILL be safer with Secret US intervention around the globe.
That’s all I can really say to his character since I myself don't know too much about him myself, which is strange since I created him XD
irrevenant wrote:
Do you have a script of Militia's origin? Or even just a rough outline of it?
I'd forgotten about Target - she'd be a viable subject for an origin story too. Whose character is she again?

We should nail down something really soon though. :O I'm happy to contribute a page or so to whatever (bearing in mind the usual caveat that I ain't that fast so giving me the first page of something would probably be a mistake).

EDIT: Okay, I'm an idiot - Militia's origin is on the Wiki. xD It's a bit dry though - pretty much the standard Captain America/Deathstroke the Terminator bit. Ideally we want to know a bit more about his character, especially since he seems to be the lynchpin of RISE. (For those of you familiar with the classic Suicide Squad, I see him as basically the Rick Flagg role).
sux wrote:

PIT_FACE at 7:00AM, April 14, 2015
(online)
THat has some potential! Would we want to maybe make the story of how RISE got a hold of him? or a few of the characters? It may have to be moved to the begining of this current chapter maybe in order to avoid confusion. but that aint nothin. We could maybe pick like 3 or 4 characters and alot each of them two pages, real quick, showing what they were in the middle of when they got nabbed? lol. could be fun and exposing at the same time.

LuchaCoffee at 4:00PM, April 14, 2015
(online)
PIT_FACE wrote:
THat has some potential! Would we want to maybe make the story of how RISE got a hold of him? or a few of the characters? It may have to be moved to the begining of this current chapter maybe in order to avoid confusion. but that aint nothin. We could maybe pick like 3 or 4 characters and alot each of them two pages, real quick, showing what they were in the middle of when they got nabbed? lol. could be fun and exposing at the same time.
Sure, I like it.

Abt_Nihil at 11:12AM, April 18, 2015
(offline)
I think whatever the short story will tell, it should get people who have never read Putrid Meat up to speed on who Bones is. We've had some origin stories which were straightforward, just showing where the character comes from and how he got to be the person who appears on HU/HA. Some have framing narratives, or flashbacks… maybe as framing, a kind of “job interview” would make sense for RISE members… as you said, how they got nabbed, how they were "convinced to work for RISE, something like that. But the main info should be: who is this person? Where does he/she come from?
PIT_FACE at 7:13PM, April 19, 2015
(online)
Gotcha! thank you, Abt!

ironhand at 2:33AM, May 25, 2015
(offline)
Hi, guys. Sorry I've been gone so long! Have we heard anything back from neilsama recently? If it's getting to the point we don't think we'll see the pages (as much as I'd love to see more pages from him) - I'd be more than happy to step in and fill in for his pages.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 2:12PM, May 26, 2015
(offline)
You're right. I set a two-week deadline, if Neilsama doesn't complete the next page until then I'll reassign them.
irrevenant at 8:39PM, May 27, 2015
(online)
My bad. I thought we'd be able to throw together filler much faster than we have(n't). :/

Maybe we can still put some fallback filler together for if this comes up again.

Or not. idk.
ironhand at 9:00AM, June 11, 2015
(offline)
I can try and fill up some room to do a page or two if needed. As it's more urgent, I could potentially put pages for other stories to aside while I do these.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 4:05AM, June 18, 2015
(offline)
So, time to reassign pages! We need artists for 5 pages, namely act 3, pages 8-12. Any more takers?
irrevenant at 11:48PM, June 22, 2015
(online)
I could probably produce page 9 in a not-taking-completely-forever fashion, if that's useful? If you have faster artists offering, I'll step aside tho.
EDIT: Okay, starting on this. :D
last edited on June 25, 2015 2:14AM
Abt_Nihil at 3:37AM, June 25, 2015
(offline)
irrevenant wrote:
I could probably produce page 9 in a not-taking-completely-forever fashion, if that's useful? If you have faster artists offering, I'll step aside tho.
EDIT: Okay, starting on this. :D
Yes, please :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon