HA Stories

HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)
HedonisticActor at 1:27PM, May 31, 2013
(offline)
I can provide a page if there's any left.
Abt_Nihil at 1:15PM, Aug. 2, 2013
(offline)
HedonisticActor: Thanks!

Here's the ref sheet for Alpha and Omega (also on http://abt-nihil.deviantart.com/art/Alpha-and-Omega-Archangel-and-Fury-Redesigns-349379165 ):
last edited on Aug. 5, 2013 4:55AM
Abt_Nihil at 1:18PM, Aug. 2, 2013
(offline)
And PIT_FACE found this great reference pic for the military compound where part of act 1 takes place:

shastab24 at 6:51PM, Aug. 3, 2013
(online)
Huh. I would have thought the codenames would have been reversed. Archangel is angelic-themed, which tends to be hopeful, which is more like a beginning. Fury is more devil-like, very destructive, which would work as an ending. But I'm quite sure there's a reason you chose those names.

Of course, I also look at Fury and realize I may have to draw her in her monster form. Hoo boy, that will be an interesting challenge.
ironhand at 4:06AM, Aug. 4, 2013
(offline)
I'm looking forward to this issue. Zombies are cool and I love the Fury and Archangel.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
Abt_Nihil at 5:04AM, Aug. 5, 2013
(offline)
shastab24 wrote:
Huh. I would have thought the codenames would have been reversed. Archangel is angelic-themed, which tends to be hopeful, which is more like a beginning. Fury is more devil-like, very destructive, which would work as an ending. But I'm quite sure there's a reason you chose those names.

Of course, I also look at Fury and realize I may have to draw her in her monster form. Hoo boy, that will be an interesting challenge.
These are accurate observations; and yes, I do have a reason :) If you look at Archangel's previous costume, you'll see he's also had the “omega” symbol on his chest. One idea is that Archangel is actually more unhinged than Fury, even if his angelic symbolism and her demonic appearance suggest otherwise - his powers are, potentially, far more destructive, and he hasn't had the moderating upbringing Alicia had, which essentially keep her powers in check.
shastab24 at 6:17PM, Aug. 5, 2013
(online)
I've also thought of how Fury is a lot like the Hulk, and Sparkle has Hulk-like powers. It would be interesting to see how they might interact with each other one day. But that's a story for another issue, I'd think. I don't think my characters are showing up in this one.
irrevenant at 5:37AM, Aug. 9, 2013
(online)
Actually, Fury seems to be more like Prime (from the Ultraverse) in that her ‘demonic’ form is a protective shell that forms around her normal body, rather than a physical transformation like the Hulk. It makes one wonder if that is in fact the only form she can manifest, or just the one that manifests because she has been taught that her powers are evil and to be feared. I'm sure the people scripting HA #9 have taken that into account. ;)
shastab24 wrote:
I've also thought of how Fury is a lot like the Hulk, and Sparkle has Hulk-like powers. It would be interesting to see how they might interact with each other one day. But that's a story for another issue, I'd think. I don't think my characters are showing up in this one.
fukujinzuke at 10:10AM, Nov. 8, 2013
(online)
I can lineart two pages if anyone wants to color them.
irrevenant at 8:00PM, Nov. 8, 2013
(online)
I'd be very happy to. I'm not sure I've ever had the opportunity to colour your art before. :)
fukujinzuke wrote:
I can lineart two pages if anyone wants to color them.
fukujinzuke at 1:33AM, Nov. 13, 2013
(online)
I was just drawing stuff… Concept spinoff from Zombie Queen ref on Villains thread.
last edited on Nov. 13, 2013 9:43AM
Abt_Nihil at 4:44AM, Nov. 13, 2013
(offline)
Brilliant! I think so far we've only had the Hero Machine concept, right? http://theduckwebcomics.com/Oz_Stars/5235512
AzuJOD at 10:53PM, Nov. 13, 2013
(online)
Fuku, at first I was unsure of your Zombie Queen design, but then you posted a coloured version and now I say “yes, yes, a thousand times yes!”
You see, I wanted her to have dark gray skin becuase she was dark skinned before she died.
I also didn't plan on her having a scar on her face, but I think we should definately keep it. Might be a good story behind it.
fukujinzuke at 1:24AM, Nov. 14, 2013
(online)
Scar is optional. The hero machine ref and sux's interpretation (villains thread, page 2) had the scar/tatoo too so that's why it's there on mine. I can remove it if you'd like. I also wasn't sure how zombie-ish she should look (i.e. exposed muscle tissue or other zombie/dry-cackled skin texture, but the latter is dependent on each artist's coloring skills)
PIT_FACE at 4:13PM, Dec. 16, 2013
(online)
I dig it!!

ironhand at 2:45AM, Dec. 21, 2013
(offline)
Very rough sketch I whipped up in under an hour earlier for Target. This is her RISE costume, I stuck with the red but tried to keep her general look the same. She's got a big opportunity to be a bad-ass. I like this character.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
LuchaCoffee at 8:28AM, Dec. 29, 2013
(online)
Everything is looking pretty good. I think I can contribute a page at least, since I have some time before college starts up again. Thankfully it's my last Semester as an undergrad.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

HedonisticActor at 4:10PM, Jan. 2, 2014
(offline)
Uh, hi, long time no see. As I've been absent from these forums for a while I felt necessary to reassure that I'd still like to contribute some art for this issue. So far the only reference to my art style is Heroes Alliance's Christmas Party 2012 page, I had a page drawn for the ninja issue but unfortunately there was some error when it was sent through e-mail (since then I've learned to use Dropbox more efficently). So if there's still a page left I'd like to give it a try.
irrevenant at 5:31PM, Jan. 2, 2014
(online)
I'm still good to draw and colour a couple of pages.

It currently takes me a little over a week to create an entire page from scratch so I'll need to see the script a few weeks+ before my pages are due. Being assigned nonconsecutive pageswould be great if possible, too.

I'm honoured to be able to contribute actual art to an issue and I want to avoid holding anything up due to my drawing speed.
last edited on Jan. 2, 2014 5:39PM
Genejoke at 12:28AM, Jan. 18, 2014
(online)
I'm still good to draw pages.
Abt_Nihil at 6:51AM, Feb. 13, 2014
(offline)
Thanks, everyone! Pages are just about to be assigned. I'll send the script around in the next few days.

Organizing everything via dropbox has worked well for HA #8, so I'd like to use it again for HA #9. So, I'll send around invites to all artists, and to do this, I'll need your e-mail-adresses (it would probably be best if you send me them via PQ). Everyone who doesn't like to use dropbox can still just send me their pages via e-mail or link them in a PQ.
last edited on Feb. 13, 2014 6:53AM
Hero at 8:21AM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
I can pick up two of your pages if you need.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
irrevenant at 1:04PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
I signed up to provide a couple of pages of art as well as colouring this time around and I notice the slots are almost all gone! :O

Will there be room? I'm very much looking forward to it.

PS. Forget that thing I said about wanting “less complex” pages to do: I'm happy to draw anything - complex might just take a little longer. :D
last edited on Feb. 13, 2014 1:25PM
Abt_Nihil at 1:41PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(offline)
I just managed to fill up all slots!

irrevenant, I gave you two complete pages and the colors for fukujinzuke's. ironhand might need a colorist, and it would also be great if you could do colors for some of my pages, preferrably my first three.
irrevenant at 3:26PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
Thanks. :) And apologies for the minor panic attack there. O_o
I'm happy to provide colouring where needed, including those first three pages. I hope I do everyone's work a reasonable amount of justice - that's a ton of artistic talent right there!
Abt_Nihil wrote:
I just managed to fill up all slots!

irrevenant, I gave you two complete pages and the colors for fukujinzuke's. ironhand might need a colorist, and it would also be great if you could do colors for some of my pages, preferrably my first three.
irrevenant at 5:31PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
How does this look for the interior of the compound (presumably without the poles and things on the floor) ?

last edited on Feb. 13, 2014 5:32PM
irrevenant at 6:32PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
I've added a “required references and information” text file to the Dropbox folder so we have somewhere to address questions and discussion that is potentially too spoilery for the forum.

And yes I did have a couple of questions, why do you ask? :P
UncreativeName at 8:42PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
Oh no, I didn't make the cut! Just like in high school…hahah.
I'm still around and willing to contribute any way I can. Whether it be fillers/fan art or as a stand in for any line work (on the off chance someone has to step down).
shastab24 at 9:19PM, Feb. 13, 2014
(online)
I'm not quite as big on the Dropbox idea–in part because I want to have my pages be basically the only ones I see until pages go live. That way I can follow the story more like a regular reader. But I do want references.
irrevenant at 12:12AM, Feb. 14, 2014
(online)
Yeah, I can understand that.

You don't have to look at other people's pages to use Dropbox, though. You can drag-and-drop your pages into the folder without ever opening it. If you everdo need to open it (to make changes or something) you can set the folder view to “Details” or “List” view so you don't see anything except the filenames (though I find it nigh-impossible to make out the details at any setting less than “Extra Large Icons” anyway).

What would also be handy would be if each comic page was one script page. That would make it a lot easier to navigate so you could go straight to your bit if you wanted to without worrying about spoilers…
shastab24 wrote:
I'm not quite as big on the Dropbox idea–in part because I want to have my pages be basically the only ones I see until pages go live. That way I can follow the story more like a regular reader. But I do want references.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon