HA Stories

HA 11/12: Alien Invasion (Season Finale)
Hero at 6:24PM, March 29, 2015
(online)
So, hey. I have no idea how set in stone anything is with this chapter, so let me know if I'm stepping on any toes, but, for your consideration snake type aliens:

And, like a personal interface drone that doubles as a weapon operated by the tail.

Also, like Antfarm style spaceships rather than a typical humanoid interface ship.

And, assorted alien combat drones!

I'm generally assuming like “codenames” for the technology are given by US/Central American authorities so like stop me if I'm wrong.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
Abt_Nihil at 7:20AM, April 2, 2015
(offline)
Very cool. If these don't end up getting used, we should have them appear in some other way. (I think ironhand's our HA alien authority for this chapter, he's been planning much of the story.)
LuchaCoffee at 4:44PM, April 8, 2015
(online)
Very cool. I think I also designed some aliens, mostly plant people tho.
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

ironhand at 2:34AM, May 25, 2015
(offline)
Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been sitting on sketches for the J'Saari and their ships etc for quite some time now…I'll get working on them properly ASAP and bring them to the table.
Stop looking at my signature and read my comics!!
irrevenant at 8:35PM, May 27, 2015
(online)
It might actually be fun/useful to start mapping out the wider HUniverse beyond Earth. We'll need that stuff for Season 2, and if a variety of people throw in a variety of ideas for races we should end up with a fairly diverse galaxy. IIRC, there's a few races associated with characters on the wiki too.
ironhand at 9:06AM, July 30, 2015
(offline)
Sorry for the long wait, guys. Here's what I've got so far.

The J'Saari themselves are actually small in numbers and have a hive mind (I'm thinking around 5/6 will be in the mothership and no more)…what they lack in the numbers they make up for with high intelligence and also strong power. They can fly and fire black and bright blue energies. They seem to look down upon getting their hands dirty, though, preferring they leave that to their drones.

The J'Saari Drones are controlled completely by the J'Saari and if not, are vacant shells. They possess super-strength, flight, speed and can fire powerful energy blasts from their “eye”…I'd say that roughly 5 would be a match for someone as strong as Relik. And this epic will have an army of them…so the HA are really up against it :P
I'm just sketching the ships and mothership, hopefully that won't take too long.
darkace at 5:54PM, Aug. 4, 2015
(offline)
@Ironhand–Awesome alien designs! Are there any more openings for artists to draw pages for this chapter? I love drawing aliens…my series here on the Duck, ViXXXen Force is actually centered on fighting evil aliens and an impending alien invasion.
Abt_Nihil at 9:34AM, Aug. 5, 2015
(offline)
We'd be glad to have you on art duties! Thanks a lot, ironhand and/or myself will get back to you once we have the script :)
darkace at 9:18PM, Aug. 6, 2015
(offline)
@Abt_Nihil–Thanks!! I can't wait! I look forward to working with everyone!
last edited on Aug. 6, 2015 9:54PM
Abt_Nihil at 3:29AM, Aug. 7, 2015
(offline)
ironhand: Great designs, by the way! Something I've been meaning to ask… are they human-sized?
ironhand at 1:10AM, Aug. 8, 2015
(offline)
They're both human sized, yep. Although I'd say the drones are probably slightly taller than most humans.
irrevenant at 6:09PM, Aug. 17, 2015
(online)
Ironhand, you mentioned in another thread that this story will be a good introduction point for new HA members because the call for help is going out wide due to the scale of the problem.
Did you also want supporting characters to get in on the action? I imagine everyone and their dog will be chipping in on this one, including many villains.
The timeline of Chaos's title will start off a bit behind HA (Issues #1 and #2 of Chaos will probably take place shortly after HU: Darkness Within and HA#1
last edited on Aug. 17, 2015 6:10PM
ironhand at 11:51PM, Aug. 17, 2015
(offline)
If there's space for the supporting characters to go - then sure, I'll take them on board. I imagine when it comes to scripting I'll set up a rolecall where everyone can send their characters in, and I'll try my absolute best to fit as many as I can in. Of course, the core team (and RISE) will be what I'll try to focus on most - so some may get less of a spotlight. It's all stuff I can think on when it comes around to scripting.
But it's the finale and a huge alien attack, so yes, the more the merrier.
Abt_Nihil at 4:40AM, Aug. 18, 2015
(offline)
I agree with ironhand. Newly appearing characters would be nice to have, but they generally won't be able to get as much space as characters who previously appeared. So I think the best way for them to appear would be to think of a single moment that would be characteristic and memorable. What would they do during an alien invasion, how would they fight the aliens off?

I think the season finale should have all characters from season 1 reappear, as far as possible, and tie up some loose ends. That will already be quite the challenge, writing-wise.

In fact, I think the best way to go about this and keep track - and have lots of fun along the way - is to think about how the characters' own titles would tie into the invasion storyline… Maybe create “AN INVASION TIE-IN!” mock covers for each character.
irrevenant at 7:21AM, Aug. 18, 2015
(online)
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was envisioning - just momentary shots to sell the scale of the fighting.

I actually intend to do an issue of the Chaos title tying into the alien invasion but that necessitates catching up. Which necessitates actually starting the comic. >_>
ironhand at 8:48AM, Aug. 18, 2015
(offline)
If I recall, some heroes' moments I've already thought of. I know I had cool scene with Sparkle and showing off her strength. There's definitely a big scene that showcases Amalgam. I've got a few ideas showcasing The Bujin protecting Japan, too. I also agree that reflecting back on the series by bringing characters back is a nice idea…and actually not too hard. The loose ends part is tricky, but I think it can be done…especially when it's a two-part finale.
Genejoke at 3:30AM, April 19, 2016
(online)
How is this coming along? Fandango is coming along and I was wondering the script is done yet?
ironhand at 4:31AM, April 19, 2016
(offline)
Me, Abt and Irrevenant are on the final stages of the script now (clearing one or two things up, a few changes here and there etc.) - it should be done within no time at all, though.
Abt_Nihil at 3:06AM, April 22, 2016
(offline)
The plan is to have it done by the end of Fandango. But we still have ironhand's RISE short inbetween. How is that coming along, by the way?
irrevenant at 10:38PM, April 24, 2016
(online)
Would we be better off to get the ball rolling on Issue #11 while we're still wrapping up Fandango? It would give us some lead time to nail down the pages before we actually get there.
Abt_Nihil at 6:21AM, June 2, 2016
(offline)
irrevenant wrote:
Would we be better off to get the ball rolling on Issue #11 while we're still wrapping up Fandango? It would give us some lead time to nail down the pages before we actually get there.

In a perfect world? Sure! ;)
LuchaCoffee at 4:00PM, June 2, 2016
(online)
Sounds like fun to me :D
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

shastab24 at 5:01PM, June 3, 2016
(online)
Working on 11 concurrently with 10 sounds like a solid idea. Of course, I'd need to finish my page for Fandango before I draw a page for issue 11, but that's a given. Need to finish said page soon, too.
irrevenant at 6:26AM, June 4, 2016
(online)
How is the script for this going, BTW?
Abt_Nihil at 1:36AM, June 13, 2016
(offline)
Slowly (like my replies) ^^;
cdmalcolm1 at 6:18AM, April 3, 2017
(online)
I want to do an add on to the Solar Cell mini Series that is coming up very soon. like next week soon. I was wondering if I can add a charm to the invasion that's coming to HA's Main.

If you look at the current page of SolarCell, she is involuntarily absorbing light from all around her,(including the fires), and is about to send off a violent but focus discharge from her mouth into the air. I will show a close up of her power leaving her mouth into the air then slowly pan back the camera until you see the earth. (not the whole earth but just enough to show her beam exit's earth into space.) Then I go back to her with wireless at a moment just before she burps, which will be the next panel.

Can I use that BEAM she made to capture the attention of the alien's in the invasion that's to come in HA? Meaning, they Question why is a Gamma bust coming from an average star,(our sun)? They investigate and start to pickup Earth Signals, like TV, Radio chatter and Voyager I the closer they get. Then That would be the last time I bring up the Aliens in this Series.

I know you're thinking why would they pick up SolarCell beam but not any of the Earth Signals. After a few light years, earth signals become part of the Background radiation noise. It gets lost and scattered. Her Beam is well focused and can be seen for many light years. So the Aliens want to know what caused it. You all can even Blame SolarCell For Drawing their attention in the first place… Seeing that we take so long to with HA pages, it would be perfect timing from when the Aliens finally get here in HA's Main. If not, i will just leave the beam exiting earth. tell me what you all think?
last edited on April 3, 2017 6:22AM
ironhand at 1:35PM, April 5, 2017
(offline)
Unfortunately not, CD. The J'Saari have different reasons for coming to Earth, ones that will get addressed and are very important to the story throughout the finale and the future seasons.
cdmalcolm1 at 3:16PM, April 6, 2017
(online)
Ok cool no problem. I'll just continue the story as planned.
melsr007 at 2:17PM, May 12, 2017
(online)
I'm about to work on my pages right now but I see no references for the spaceship I made two the first one is call the Ironhand top and bottom the other is call the Bombshell I made them in Sketch up let me know if I can use them for Alien Invasion.

last edited on May 12, 2017 2:22PM
ironhand at 5:00AM, May 15, 2017
(offline)
There is a very poor reference that can be found on the b&w cover I did for the first chapter, melsr. The mothership is one leading the charge and the drone ships I see as more cylinder type ships. Very, very basic - but we can just imagine that on side they'll be packing a huge wave of drones each.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon