Comic Talk and General Discussion *

My webcomic is now rated "Everyone"
mks_monsters at 6:53AM, Nov. 2, 2018
(offline)
I originally aimed it for teens, but now, I see there's nothing that bad in it. Maybe a bit of stuff would go over a kid's head, but that's it. There's no blood, no gore and no NSFW content. The most there is are shirtless men and fight scenes. A lot of Disney movies have that.

With that said, my comic is PG and I'm glad I fixed the rating because honestly, I take pride in resorting to shock value to make my comic great.
MegaRdaniels at 7:47AM, Nov. 2, 2018
(online)
That's good. Don't limit your imagination. You do have a good comic though.

Hell with my comic, originally I wanted it to be PG like yours…buuuut since I'm a deranged tit guy who like to see some ass, blood, teeth flailing and violence, I bumped it up to PG-13.

But back to you, your imagination is limitless, don't censor it. Nurture it. :)
bravo1102 at 8:58AM, Nov. 2, 2018
(offline)
I don't see it as censorship so much as doing something without the “adult” or “teen” elements in it.

Trust me, I do some very adult themed stuff but recently found myself going for hinting and threatening and not showing.
Sword of Kings was transitioning into a “T” comic. And The Last Straw is totally “E”. No off-color anything because it's not pertinent or appropriate for the comic's intentions.
mks_monsters at 1:54PM, Nov. 2, 2018
(offline)
Honestly, I don't think my comic is as “teen” as I originally thought it was. It's pretty tame.
Tantz_Aerine at 4:43PM, Nov. 2, 2018
(online)
I do think that's a good call! It's a great take on a literary classic and can serve as a gateway to classic literature for kids.
mks_monsters at 12:33PM, Nov. 10, 2018
(offline)
I would not rate the original book as being safe for kids, but my webcomic is. I was inspired by the 90s Batman cartoon. It was a beautiful example of a cartoon being smart, not watered down and not need fanservice or blood to be good.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon