Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Found a comic you love? Talk about it here!
Digital_Ink_Stories at 12:06PM, Sept. 23, 2019
(offline)
Last night, while looking through the forums, I ended up finding this comic written by “Dal dean”, and it was one of the best comics I've read here in a while. (Although, heads up: It's rated M) It had a unique concept, interesting characters, a beautiful art style, and an engaging story that got me hooked.

But I was honestly floored when I saw that it only had one like. And it wasn't the first time I'd seen that happen, either. A lot of comics seem to not get enough attention, despite being pretty amazing. And that got me thinking: "What if there was a forum post for recommending other peoples' comics?" Well, here's that forum post!

If you found a comic recently that you really liked, post a link to it, along with why you like it so much! The only rule is that it can't be your own comic.
bravo1102 at 6:29AM, Sept. 24, 2019
(offline)
Likes has little to do with quality and a lot to do with promotion and timing.

All the pages were loaded at once which is a sure way to bury a comic so that no one notices it.

Very few readers search, most merely click on an avatar that catches their eye. So update over a few weeks so the comic shows up on the front page day after day and people see it.

I have five completed comics, do you think any got new readers or likes after they stopped updating?

At least Until some promotion on Twitter anyway.

Good find though.

OiTheRolk at 5:32AM, Oct. 4, 2019
(offline)
One comic I really like is little q by PaddyWolfe. It's a bit of an ambiguous/vague setting, which adds to the atmosphere of the story, and the art style is very pretty to look at. Originally I came across it by looking for something to scratch my abstract itch. Out of all the search results this one was the only one that could scratch my itch.

It's a bit sad, but it's heartwarming as well. It's paced nicely, and I'm interested to see how the story unfolds further.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon