Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

"The Everyman vs Dr Homicide", aka my first webcomic
Spice at 5:58AM, April 3, 2020
(offline)
Hey everyone, Spice here. My goal when joining The Duck Webcomics was to not only look at other stories (which i'll admit, i'm a bit slow getting into) but it also was to post my very own webcomic, specifically, The Everyman vs Dr Homicide, an idea thats been on my mind for quite some time.

I've always been a bit frustrated with a lot of fiction, mainly, the overused cliches/stereotypes/tropes that are commonly seen. For example, “the power or friendship!”, “wait, my enemy is my dad/brother/ancestorwhatever?”, “I'm the chosen one and only I can save everyone?”, “guh, i'm the dark edgy brooding character” blah blah blah BLAH. I'm not saying stuff like this is bad, if done correctly they can tell really amazing stories…but then a lot the time its done oh so poorly. Thats when this idea came into my head.

What if there was a story about these two really strong dudes who fight each other, but the whole time their overusing these cliches/stereotypes/tropes and stuff to the max. So I really loved this story, and I planned it out a bit to have greater idea of whats happening, after, I decided that this would be a good site to share my idea. And so far, it's been doing ok, just ok. The only real challenge was the “art” style, my skills aren't that great with drawing, and after seeing some really good artists on the site I came to the conclusion not draw it and instead try something very unique, which i'm not sure if it's been done on the site before, and if it has, cool. But I hope I don't get any hate or turn people away because of the way I did it. Lastly, I am fairly new to making comics so if some of my work seem rough around the edges, then my apologies.

Some of you may not like the idea (and i'm not saying that the idea of parodying common tropes is original or anything) but I hope at least some of you can find a semi pleasing experience with my comic, thank you and have a very nice day.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Everyman_vs_Dr_Homicide/5627535/
MegaRdaniels at 8:55AM, April 3, 2020
(online)
You wanna do a read for read dude?
Spice at 9:29AM, April 3, 2020
(offline)
MegaRdaniels wrote:
I mean, I only had to look at the first two pages of Stringy and Mopy to know that your stuff is way higher quality lol, i'm p sure it would be a waste of your time to read mine cause of its lower quality, but i'd read yours of my own free will tbh :D
MegaRdaniels at 2:42PM, April 3, 2020
(online)
Spice wrote:
MegaRdaniels wrote:
I mean, I only had to look at the first two pages of Stringy and Mopy to know that your stuff is way higher quality lol, i'm p sure it would be a waste of your time to read mine cause of its lower quality, but i'd read yours of my own free will tbh :D

No-no-no-no-no it's okay. I can still read your comic lol. I can actually learn from you. :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon