Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Give me reasons to hate myself
Call Me Tom at 8:50PM, Jan. 18, 2022
(offline)
Time to let loose and really give it to me with all the reasons why I should hate myself. I'll take everything (negative) said at face value. There are a lot of reasons why I think I should hate myself but it would be nice get confirmation on what's the worse things about me are.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
bravo1102 at 1:35AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
Hate yourself because you hate yourself. It's a win-win. Hate yourself because you can't bring yourself around to liking anything about you. Blanket disapproval of everything you are so you never need specific reasons.

It feeds itself and never needs another person to validate these feelings.

Until you find a therapist smarter than you are who just pulls it all apart and the whole house of cards falls down with something as simple as reality. Damn it. I actually am a half way decent person. Ugh. Making my self-loathing so much harder by actually suggesting that I reality test my belief system of self-hatred.

It's all a sham. The reasons to hate yourself aren't real. They are only your perception of some wrongs you've done, mistakes you've made. All people make them. The worst among us are the ones who won't accept their mistakes. Embrace them and learn. Do the best you can and that means not hating yourself. You don't have to love yourself, just live with yourself because you're just not as awful as you tell yourself.

And laugh. Did I mention laugh? Yes, it's very important.
last edited on Jan. 19, 2022 1:36AM
lothar at 2:33AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
Dude! This is joke, right?

You make bad joke

Hare you're shelf
usedbooks at 5:01AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(online)
Better Help, online therapy
Ozoneocean at 5:35AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(online)
lothar wrote:
Dude! This is joke, right?

You make bad joke

Hare you're shelf

No He's got some sort of weird depression thing happening.
He makes these strange posts here every couple on months. Usually Tantz deletes them because she understands the pathology (it's her field of expertise).

Tom is a marvelous, gentle, talented man. He's got a rather extreme condition though that he seems to have picked up and it involves there weird self hating posts on DD.
lothar at 6:54AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
Oh , shit, sorry
I wasn't trying to make fun.
I totally get it. I used to get depressed AF a lot. And self hate. But somewhere along the way I just stopped caring about stuff most of the time. It still comes back once in a while. Mostly it's a hopeless numbness. I usually drink when that happens. Sometimes I feel better. Usually I sleep. This is not advice.

I think the stuff Btavo said is better.
bravo1102 at 8:46AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
This is my pathology. I know where it comes from and whose voice (it's rarely ever your own. Someone told you this and convinced you of it.)

I met Tantz in Athens on my trip for my anniversary. (Long story short; the wife was in a clinic because she fell down some stairs) It really was a therapy session. She is an amazing person and don't think I can ever thank her enough for that whirlwind tour and knocking some sense into me.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon