Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Remember Christine McVie
hushicho at 5:43PM, Dec. 1, 2022
(offline)
“Remember Me” - Fleetwood Mac

Christine McVie was my favourite person in Fleetwood Mac, and she always produced reliably excellent music.

In high school, I would phone in sometimes to the local radio station to request “Got A Hold On Me” from her solo album, which had been hard to find on anything but vinyl, which of course I had.

Christine, with Bob Welch, shaped the sound of Fleetwood Mac in the early half of the 70s. There were these dreamy soundscapes, but they had earthy, real feelings, and those were the things Christine and Bob brought out in the band. I wish they stayed with it, however commercially successful they became in the next iteration of the group.

I remember hearing some idiot radio jockey saying that when Christine retired from Fleetwood Mac, she was going off to raise begonias or something, very reductive and dismissive like that, and of course stated in total ignorance. Christine was the backbone of the band. She could harmonise with anyone.

She wasn't ever the one that drama revolved around. She was like an older sister who was cool, and chill, and could deal with things in a way more mature than a teenager. Songs like “Remember Me” and “Did You Ever Love Me” reflect very mature address of very mature issues, like not being sure if love was really a thing, being neglected and starved for affection, and the differences between youthful fancy and commitment. Even “Butter Cookie”, which was a demo that never turned into a song that I know of, is a fantastic musical work, and it barely has any words to it, but it presents a mature scenario.

I don't know. I just want to share. Hope you'll enjoy it. Listen to some of the music. Maybe you'll like it. I'm going to listen to Mystery To Me and Bare Trees. I spent the evening earlier with Penguin. Heroes Are Hard To Find will probably show up later.

I might even listen to Mirage.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Ozoneocean at 7:47PM, Dec. 1, 2022
(online)
It's a shame :(

I only really know her from Fleetwood Mac, From Rumours and the self titled album (and some later Mac stuff), which I've listened to since I was born back in the 1970s.
I just listen to the same stuff over and over, appreciating all the different sounds and voices. I love her big deep voice, it's such a contrast from Lindsey and Stevie who seem much higher and spikier… She had such a mellow, warm sound.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon