Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Does anyone know the name of this book???? help
Ozoneocean at 8:33PM, Dec. 15, 2022
(online)
OK, So when I was little I had a picturebook about this group of fantastical characters and I think they were all helping a young boy or girl.
There was a hunter all dressed in green who was a super amazing shot because he could see for miles, then there was a many who could run super fast so he needed to put weights on his legs to keep him in check, there was a man who could sneeze up storms so he needed to keep his nose blocked I also think there was a man who could shout super loud so he needed to keep his mouth covered and a man who could hear very well so needed to cover up his hears.

Banes' newspost about super teams made me think of this!

I think the book was probably done in the 1970s but I believe it's based on an older folk tale from the early 19th or 18th century, probably German. (I could be wrong)

All these characters appear in Terry Gilliam's movie version of Baron Munchausen… There's a good possibility they come from the original story that was based on by it's too long a book for me to search for references. I suspect they didn't because I haven't found any references to them on Google.

Anyway, if you know the picture book I'd be grateful :)
bravo1102 at 12:13AM, Dec. 17, 2022
(offline)
A version of “How six got on in the world” from Grimm's fairy tales. There's a whole folk tale genre like “The Six Servants ” and it was added to Baron Munchhausen in the Gottfried August Burger adaptation which is one source of the Terry Gilliam film.

I have a version in “Complete Brother's Grimm”.
Ozoneocean at 4:34AM, Dec. 17, 2022
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
A version of “How six got on in the world” from Grimm's fairy tales. There's a whole folk tale genre like “The Six Servants ” and it was added to Baron Munchhausen in the Gottfried August Burger adaptation which is one source of the Terry Gilliam film.

I have a version in “Complete Brother's Grimm”.
That's amazing man! I THOUGHT it was probably a Grimm's story. I have the complete works somewhere…
I had a feeling that it wasn't part of the Munchhausen story originally.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon