Comic Talk and General Discussion *

do you think people would pay for original physical pages?
lothar at 5:39PM, Jan. 24, 2023
(offline)
Like, I need money bad. I was thinking of ways to make money by drawing stuff. And now there's ai that's making it even worse. But the one thing ai can't do is make actual pen and paper stuff. Not yet. Maybe in the future they can put a pen in a robot hand like the original NES robot. Actually they prolly already did.

Point is, how to sell original works like an NTF but it's a drawing or a painting and because you have the original and there's only one it's worth money, maybe.
GeekyGami at 5:42PM, Jan. 24, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
Like, I need money bad. I was thinking of ways to make money by drawing stuff. And now there's ai that's making it even worse. But the one thing ai can't do is make actual pen and paper stuff. Not yet. Maybe in the future they can put a pen in a robot hand like the original NES robot. Actually they prolly already did.

Point is, how to sell original works like an NTF but it's a drawing or a painting and because you have the original and there's only one it's worth money, maybe.

I know that original sketch pages for anime/manga tend to be collector's items, sealed, one page at a time, and sold at marked up prices.

Provided people value your work as a collection/historical piece, it will definitely sell with enough notoriety.
davidxolukoga at 11:54PM, Feb. 2, 2023
(offline)
Yes! Hell yeah!
arspitzer at 4:55PM, Feb. 9, 2023
(online)
I guess the HWA (Hand-Crafted Webcomic Art) Speculation Bubble has to begin somewhere sometime…
J_Scarbrough at 11:38PM, Feb. 28, 2023
(offline)
Now that I find myself in a dire straits situation where I'm actually having to sell some of my belongings in order to have money, I'm actually considering this . . . from what I'm seeing from friends of mine who do commissions online, $15 seems to be the average price for just a basic pencil and ink work . . . if it comes to such, this may be what I might charge, unless anybody were to put in requests for a specific page and/or panel, in which case, I may round the charge up to $20. I don't know; we'll see.

On an unrelated note, I just sold an old GoPro that I only ever used once, as well as a drone that I literally never even used before and had just been sitting in my closet collecting dust for years. I was hoping to get at least $200 for each of them - the GoPro was definitely worth that, but because it was an older model that would only sell for about half that value, and the drone turned out to be a cheap “end cap” item that wasn't a high-end, more powerful drone, I only ended up getting $130 for both. Sigh. On top of that, I took in a whole tote full of old DVDs, CDs, and books that were in excellent condition into a trading store, and of the items that they would accept (there were a few they wouldn't for unspecified reasons), I only got $15 for the lot (they were willing to offer twice that much in store credit though, but I needed the cash).

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon