Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Kind of frightened here folks. (Big update).
Furwerk studio at 4:43PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
Reposted from blog journal on FA:
Almost gotten rousted out of the airport just a moment ago by the Sheriff's department even though the supreme court had ruled that unless there is a safe place to go, they cannot do that.

What was scary if mom did not have her badge they would had done something very, very horrible to us and my service cat.

Still scared and shaking, but it appears there's country employees using said sheriff department to act like their personal hit squad against anyone they even THINK is homeless. That includes travelers too.

Right now mom is so scared, because in the past the sheriff had made physical threats against all of us and the life of my cat too.

This is the county I found that they took a homeless man and beaten him to near death and left him in the middle of nowhere, and the Parkland shooting too.

Sorry to be a downer but I am so very scared for me and everyone and need to get this out somehow just in case something happened.

Hopefully I will update you tomorrow on things.
-
New bits.
Uh, my phone decided to bite the dust and now I am using my mom's laptop to get some commissions done before the Sherriff's department came around on the County's whims.

I am just trying to figure out where to sleep tonight because those guys, who were suppose to leave everyone alone according to their boss after the DOJ and other legal departments were breathing down their neck, because the shelter is out as the people there tried to steal my cat after stealing my original phone and going downtown is a death sentence due to a friend of my mom almost gotten raped, and I got to mention the friend is there because the sheriff felt she was a huge risk to be at the airport, a missionary for the church who had her money and things stolen and assaulted a few times.

Just had to post this just in case something happened to me.
J_Scarbrough at 5:12PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
Homelessness is a growing problem all over the country, but the powers that be are doing more harm in their efforts to curb the problem than they are helping it - it's almost to a point where being homeless is treated almost like a crime, which is so sick. It almost seems like when the shit hits the fan, it just keeps going back through again for you, and I'm truly sorry you've been going through so much of this lately; 2023 honestly has been the shittest year.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
lothar at 7:12PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
Stupid government could easily make things better by building low cost apartment blocks instead of giving money to that scumbag zalenski

And also build a wall. If they can't even take care of their own citizens they shouldn't be letting more people into the country.
last edited on July 13, 2023 7:15PM
J_Scarbrough at 8:23PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
Like a wall is going to stop them? They'll still get in, they can swim around it, fly over it, or dig under it.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
lothar at 8:44PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
Like a wall is going to stop them? They'll still get in, they can swim around it, fly over it, or dig under it.

If someone is that determined and inventive them give those people automatic citizenship.
lothar at 9:12PM, July 13, 2023
(offline)
Sorry I derailed the conversation, Furwerk.

I don't live in America and it's kinda surprising that the airports seem to function as makeshift homeless shelters. There's seriously no other place to go for help? What is a service cat btw? It sucks that they threatened your cat. I have cats and I wouldn't give them up even when they pee and barf on everything.

It's insane that with all the money the government spends that there is no sort of safety net for people down on their luck.
Furwerk studio at 2:35AM, July 14, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
Sorry I derailed the conversation, Furwerk.

I don't live in America and it's kinda surprising that the airports seem to function as makeshift homeless shelters. There's seriously no other place to go for help? What is a service cat btw? It sucks that they threatened your cat. I have cats and I wouldn't give them up even when they pee and barf on everything.

It's insane that with all the money the government spends that there is no sort of safety net for people down on their luck.

That's okay, it happens.

Well Me and mom are using the airport as a homeless shelter due to the fact it is safer than the shelters they got set up here, at those shelters you got violence, thieving and drug use constantly going on and sleeping downtown is just right out, the other night on of my mom's friends was assaulted and nearly raped. And I hear stories of a person we knew getting attacked by gang bangers or other homeless or assholes that like to wear the bent X.

My cat helps me with my sever Anxiety I always had, which caused me to nearly have strokes in the past.

A huge problem is the people in charge have Victorian mindsets that the “undesirables” don't deserve anything, and should be treated as scum of the Earth.

Right now there is a bunch of guys trying to get people into the shelter, ignoring the reason no one goes into the shelters is the violence, the stealing, the weird rules, the toilet is broken all the time, you must take everything with you all the time and they do not accommodate for service animals here plus they are just shoving in people who had given up on being human all together, and that means there will be another sweep by the sheriff's department tonight despite the Supreme court ruling that was illegal.

What's ugly about this is the people leading the charge, a bunch of midwestern looking oddballs that would look at home on some kind of survivalist wannabe show, remind me of my old co-worker, who I kind of gotten suspended due to the fact I reported him talking about murdering his 13 year old daughter in vivid detail because she “mentally handicapped”, spout racists remarks, dropped the N word constantly, talking about going on shooting rampages through the airport and how he was going to clean up the streets by pushing all of the homeless into gas chambers.

It is frightening really.

I'm babbling because I am tired.
bravo1102 at 3:05AM, July 14, 2023
(offline)
I wish there was something I could do, but my own situation isn't so great with staying one paycheck ahead of disaster and then having a disaster and have to put it on a credit card and the cycle continues.

Feel so helpless. I worked with a homeless guy living out of a Volvo station wagon. I sold his collectible stuff on ebay, gave him my Army folding cot and a bunch of food.

I know about the shelters because of brother-in-law who had addiction issues and went through rehabs and shelters. He once got mugged for groceries. Only a few blocks from where I was working at the time. Nasty horrible city with plenty of cheap housing as well as creeping gentrification.

As if telling you my experiences or problems help you. Please survive and find a way out. If I had the resources I'd get you a place so I feel awful. Hold your cat extra close because in my mind I'm giving you both a hug.
Furwerk studio at 8:15AM, July 14, 2023
(offline)
Aw. Thanks for the support everyone.
It gotten a bit better now, I have a few job interviews in the future that actually seem promising.

And just managing to get the news out helps me out a lot because hopefully it both raises awareness of the problem and keep track of what happens to me.

I feel extremely paranoid here, and honestly I can't wait to get out this situation.
kawaiidaigakusei at 11:10AM, July 14, 2023
(online)
Furwerk studio-

Times are tough, these stories are rough.

Two decades ago, I began writing emergency plans in the back of my head in order to prepare for the worst case scenario. They were based on observations in order to get around rules and regulations.

-Sleep on the sand at the beach during the day, stay awake and hyper-vigilant at night
-Fresh water showers are free at the beach and some public parks offer men-only shower facilities
-Gym Memberships for less than $9.99 a month offer showers, bathrooms, and some even offer free food
-Public Libraries for bathroom facilities, books, and Internet, they are free and open to the public
-Airports for a last minute overnight stay when the airport refuses to give a voucher. The trick is to look like a traveler and nurse a hot drink for four hours.
-Take advantage of public transportation discounts, it is a safe refuge to ride at night because it is well lit
-Food stamps will get you an emergency $300 a month of food if you can show proof of couch surfing
-Shelters give boxes of free food to anyone who asks

I have witnessed former classmates willingly move into vans and tent cities.

On the bright side, I walked around the heart of Los Angeles’ skid row one morning and when I looked into some of the tents, I saw electronic tablets with Internet access. Earth, Wind, and Fire was playing from a AM/FM radio across the street and I really saw the people on that block had made it a community.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Furwerk studio at 2:10PM, July 28, 2023
(offline)
Hey.
Thanks for the nice words everyone but I got a major update here, I hate doing these and was hoping there would be a large space of time before my next life update but this is a big one.
Mom royally pissed off the Sherriff office of Broward County and might had set off a huge anti-homeless raid on the airport, and anyone caught will be arrested for federal trespassing.

I want to be ANYWHERE else right now, but honestly I just feel like I have a responsibility to see this stupidity to the end.

I'm tired, been working myself sick over the month on commissions for some great friends, trying to raise Storage funds so I won't lose what last items I had but every time I got enough I got guilted into giving it up to feed mom or the cat. I actually made pretty good money, about 200 something but it went pretty fast for bus passes, food (when you can't cook or store food there is only fast food and deli stuff, which sucks) and cat litter/food.

I am at the moment of my life that I just can't care any more, I will still try my best to save what I can in storage but I come to terms if I lose it, I can start over else where. If I make anything and I lose it, I can put it towards buying a bicycle and getting around a lot easier.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon