Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Do you remember the 90s?
Dr W at 9:34AM, Jan. 5, 2010
(offline)
Lonnehart
I was told that if you wanted to do that blood brothers thing you had to use a jagged blunt rusty old knife. Don't know why, though…

Ugh… the last thing I remember from the 90s was my mother's death… from her third massive heart attack. Left only 15% of her heart still functional, which wasn't enough to keep her alive, I think. She passed away in 1999, just two months shy from her 60th birthday. :(

I guess that family curse is going to hit me next… no one on my mother's side of the family has ever made it past 60. :(
Does some one need a hug?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Dr W at 9:45AM, Jan. 5, 2010
(offline)
One thing that I've been thinking about, people say that the past was better than it is now. Is that really a true statement? When one thinks about the past one usually thinks about their child hood. And 80% of the time people will say that their childhoods where great, no responsablity, you could rely on your parents to cook food for you. Childhood for some was a time of easy and I believe that's why so many people say that the past was better than it is now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
elektro at 11:56PM, Jan. 5, 2010
(offline)
Dr W
One thing that I've been thinking about, people say that the past was better than it is now. Is that really a true statement? When one thinks about the past one usually thinks about their child hood. And 80% of the time people will say that their childhoods where great, no responsablity, you could rely on your parents to cook food for you. Childhood for some was a time of easy and I believe that's why so many people say that the past was better than it is now.

The past is never really better. People just look upon it fondly because they were kids and were not really aware of what was going on in the world at the time. For example, some people look fondly on the 50s and think life was like “Leave It to Beaver” or something on that order. In reality, the 50s had people like Joseph McCarthy, the Red Scare, and the very beginning of the Civil Rights Movement. We're all guilty of thinking like this. No one is exempt, not even a curmudgeon like me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
same at 2:36PM, Jan. 6, 2010
(online)
Greatest cartoons of the 90's. in my opinion:

Freakazoid, the tick, doug, hey arnold, catdog, pinky and the brain, animaniacs and the legend of zelda(although it kinda sucked i still have fond memories of the series.)

Best tv shows of the 90's. Again, in my opinion:

That 70's show… thats all i can think of. Althought i used to be subjected to sabrina the teenage witch… it was… ok.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Ironscarf at 4:37PM, Jan. 6, 2010
(offline)
I was completely off my face for most of the nineties, so I don't remember much of it.

I just remember being on a canal boat, completely smashed and every time we moored up by a pub, strange little people would come out of the bushes, handing us bags of stale donuts - “don't forget to feed the swans!” they said, then they'd vanish back into the undergrowth.

I know this really happened 'cos my future wife was there too and she says the same thing - she actually fed the donuts to the swans, until some other little people came out of the bushes and told her it was bad to feed donuts to swans.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
PIT_FACE at 6:15PM, Jan. 6, 2010
(online)
Dr W
Lonnehart
I was told that if you wanted to do that blood brothers thing you had to use a jagged blunt rusty old knife. Don't know why, though…

Ugh… the last thing I remember from the 90s was my mother's death… from her third massive heart attack. Left only 15% of her heart still functional, which wasn't enough to keep her alive, I think. She passed away in 1999, just two months shy from her 60th birthday. :(

I guess that family curse is going to hit me next… no one on my mother's side of the family has ever made it past 60. :(
Does some one need a hug?

do YOU need a twist in the tit?

i was in grade and middle school through most of the 90's so we had the shitty trends like huge ass baggy pants and crap music to grow up and thrive on. the early 90's werent horrible for music, but man….the later 90's was just fucking ripe.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Faliat at 9:45AM, Jan. 7, 2010
(offline)
As bad as the “D-zeros” were for the UK they were never as bad as the 90s in retrospect. We were all still recovering from Thatcher and Major's descruction of industry causing suicides and permanent damage in the relationship between the public and authority, the IRA were still blowing people up, there was the Dunblane massacre, the illogical millennium bug was freaking people out…

And despite what people think about kids, TV programming back then was making us a hell of a lot more aware of it than we were letting on.

I was ten when the year 2000 started and I already knew the 2K bug was bullshit.

I got my first computer at 6 and I'd already changed the date back to 1901 with no bad results whatsoever. Also, I was smart enough to know that computers weren't self aware. Duh.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Koshou at 9:25PM, Jan. 7, 2010
(offline)
Pokemon, good cartoons, and riding bikes because that was back when it was fun to go outside. How ridiculous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Eunice P at 11:06PM, Jan. 7, 2010
(offline)
Back then, I thought 3D animation was cool. Now, it irks me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon