Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How would you (did you) react to a sudden "love confession"?
Lonnehart at 10:56PM, July 15, 2009
(online)
Faliat
*snip*
I got one hell of an angry IM later on.

wow… I'm glad no one I know locally has any knowledge of me online. Getting a confession IM would be… disturbing.. to me…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
DefaultNick at 10:16PM, July 19, 2009
(online)
I once been given an awfully embaressing love proposal that failed. I told myself that this stuff aint working with normal people.
Here is a useful advice that worked for me a lot: never confess in love with all those crappy love words! it aint working, only makes you look wierd. Its more effective to invite your love for a coup of coffee, or in cinema. works better *thumbs up*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
PPPchairman at 1:27PM, July 23, 2009
(online)
I once knew I guy back in my sophmore year of High School. We had just got out of a comic book club meeting and were changing out of our costumes in the bathroom when he revealed his feelings for me. I'm a heterosexual male so you can imagine my shock.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Croi Dhubh at 1:13PM, July 31, 2009
(offline)
I actually had this happen a long time ago. While the economy for precision grinding was down I took a second job working at McDonald's just for some extra spending money. Yeah, I hated it. I wasn't taking any college classes at the time, either. This was all about a year before the Army.

This one girl who worked there (forgot her name) was charged with showing me how to do things around the place…I mean…it's Micky D's…it wasn't rocket science. She was about my age and was nice enough.

We kind of hung out after work and since she was interested in “chasing ghosts” we'd go to alleged places of paranormal activity and try to find things. Because of her I met some other friends and we all went to Knotts Scary Farm. That type of thing.

As normal, I really wasn't interested in dating anyone at the time. I still didn't have a lot of money anymore, I was working part time at McD's as a second job, I was living at my father's (rent free, thank god), and I had broken up with my long time girlfriend because of her family. I was at her place having a beer (yes, I did drink under age, I'm not that goodie-goodie) when we got on some strange topic and she started talking about how great I was.

I was getting uncomfortable as I had a feeling of where this was going. I kept telling her how great I wasn't, trying to convince her otherwise and joking about different things when she suddenly started crying. She went on about how I needed to stop thinking so negatively about myself and told me that she was IN love with me.

My response? Well…I actually started laughing my ass off and told her how wrong she was. I'm pretty sure she came around, since she slowly stopped talking to me over the course of two weeks and got a real boyfriend.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Faliat at 7:21PM, Aug. 2, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
wow… I'm glad no one I know locally has any knowledge of me online. Getting a confession IM would be… disturbing.. to me…

GracehFaceh
God, IM conversations are the worst for that! I feel your pain!

Trust me, the situation only got worse from there. I later found out that the friend that sent the copy/paste IM also had feelings for me. And that he was hiding this from me and confiding in a friend of his about his feelings for me. And SHE felt the same about HIM.

I still miss the bloke for reasons I'd like to say I don't remember anymore but then I'd be lying. Despite how many times people drilled it into my head that it was just teen angst and that I'd get over it within months.

I've still not properly recovered after 4 years since I last saw his face or heard his voice.

It might have had something to do with his feigned (Or possibly considered and he changed his mind) suicide two years ago. The altercations leading up to the police having to come to my house and take statements at 6am on a friday morning are still on my chat history.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
mwace at 7:18PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
I feel sorry for all of the people in these stories who were driven to awkwardness and embarrassment by their crush for another. Anyone who says love is great doesn't seem to have experienced it assymmetricly =-/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
AshleeS at 10:10PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(online)
Well, I've experienced this firsthand, so I can say what would happen. =D

I took his arm, gave it a firm squeeze, and told him in a sure and sweet tone, “Honey, I'm not really looking for a relationship, especially in Junior High… I'm still your pal, though, you know?”

“…Okay….”

And then we were the same as always. ^_^
There was a banner here, it's gone now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Aurora Moon at 10:11PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(offline)
Faliat
Lonnehart

GracehFaceh
God, IM conversations are the worst for that! I feel your pain!

Trust me, the situation only got worse from there. I later found out that the friend that sent the copy/paste IM also had feelings for me. And that he was hiding this from me and confiding in a friend of his about his feelings for me. And SHE felt the same about HIM.

I still miss the bloke for reasons I'd like to say I don't remember anymore but then I'd be lying. Despite how many times people drilled it into my head that it was just teen angst and that I'd get over it within months.

I've still not properly recovered after 4 years since I last saw his face or heard his voice.

It might have had something to do with his feigned (Or possibly considered and he changed his mind) suicide two years ago. The altercations leading up to the police having to come to my house and take statements at 6am on a friday morning are still on my chat history.

oh god, I know your pain. I actually went though the same thing myself. -_-

only on my end, when I was confronted– my response went something like this:
*pretending that I never said it* “Huh? what are you talking about? oh, _______ supposedly copied and pasted that to you? Jeez, THAT was not what I said at all! ________ is always taking things out of context, and putting words into others' people mouths at all… I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. Just ask any other of his friends besides myself,and they'll tell you the same.”

It was true that the one who copied and pasted my sentence to my crush at the time, was always taking things out of context, saying that other people said this and that when they really meant something else entirely. he liked to be an drama king, you see.
so when my crush asked around in ims and found out that _______ was prone to do shit like that after all, he then believed that I didn't say it after all. He however, did ask me what I really said to make _____ copy and paste something like that to him.
I just casually said that I had made an joke about how Crush-guy was so good-looking that it should be a sin. Not exactly what I had said, but I decided to alter the truth there. I also stressed that everything I had had been nothing but good-humored jokes… and he seemed to accept it.

this was way back when I was an young teenager… and in away I'm glad I got out of it that smoothly. at times I look back at it and was amazed that I was able to think and act so quickly before it got out of control.

Another im-related “confession” didn't go so smoothly the second time around for me. =\

This time, the situation was reversed for me… only there was no third-party asshole copying and pasting things out of context…. the guy said it to me directly.

He was some east Indian guy… and this occurred when I was an teenager, but like 3 years later after my first im “incident”. At first when he started hinting that he liked me, I didn't take it that seriously at all, and I was just like “okay, i see.”

But then he started getting very obsessive in that he was constantly sending me cheesy love poems, pictures, that sort of thing. I kept on trying to tell him nicely that I was not interested in him at all, but he didn't seem to listen. He did some very creepy things… but what really took the cake was when we did webcam chatting…. and he actually started to carve my name into his arm with this knife live on webcam, as “proof” that he loved me. It was very gory, needless to say. I kept on yelling at him to stop doing that and to get to a doctor ASAP… but he kept on asking: “Do U believe me now? My love is true!” So finally I said: “Yes, I believe you… now fucking stop that bleeding and get yourself to a hospital!”
Satisfied, he complied with my wishes and left to go see a doctor.
Afterward the next day, when I was sure that he wasn't going to die of bleeding, I bluntly told him outright that what he did went too far, and was way beyond creepy. I told him that it was no way to win over any woman at all in this day and age…. and that it only served to make me feel frightened of him. therefore, I was blocking him and never speaking to him again.

after that, I blocked him. thinking about it, I still get creeped out, even now.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 11:46PM, Aug. 5, 2009
(online)
Man, I'm glad I didn't have the net as a teen.
Very, very, very glad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
AshleeS at 2:39AM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
I have the net as a teen (coughNOWcough), but I have yet to have anything crazy done over the net. Is this a popular trend or something? *eyebrow waggle*
There was a banner here, it's gone now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Lonnehart at 2:50AM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
AshleeS
I have the net as a teen (coughNOWcough), but I have yet to have anything crazy done over the net. Is this a popular trend or something? *eyebrow waggle*

I never had the net as a teen, but I find love confessions online to be creepy. I think they have the best impact when given face to face. Too bad my opinion is based on what I've read in books and seen in movies.

I read a comment on the video which inspired this thread (check my first post in this thread) where the commentor sent the video link to her crush.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
GracehFaceh at 2:55PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
Aurora Moon
But then he started getting very obsessive in that he was constantly sending me cheesy love poems, pictures, that sort of thing. I kept on trying to tell him nicely that I was not interested in him at all, but he didn't seem to listen. He did some very creepy things… but what really took the cake was when we did webcam chatting…. and he actually started to carve my name into his arm with this knife live on webcam, as “proof” that he loved me.

And I thought my ex stalking me online and sending me gifts against my wishes was creepy. This is just messed up! :( I suppose some of my online guy friends have gone a little overboard in trying to romance me in the past, but I can be really bitchy and cold when I want to be so usually I scare them away.

Lonnehart
I never had the net as a teen, but I find love confessions online to be creepy. I think they have the best impact when given face to face.

I agree. My only two relationships where online. Now, after all the drama, I advise my friends not to do it. Though, my mom was totally okay with it so I've met both boyfriends face to face on several occasions (The first boyfriend I met once after I dumped him, and the second I flew out to see 3 times.) But it's true, IMs and text messages take away the ability to understand a person's tone, so a good amount of the time we'd get in fights over a misunderstanding. My last boyfriend and I created a rule that if things were getting out of hand, we had to call each other to clear up the misunderstanding.

That obviously didn't really work out though, since I broke it off last October because he was getting high/drunk with his friends and even called me high once, even though he knew I was really really anti-drug. Plus I was fourteen and he was sixteen. An online relationship is too much work, especially when you're young. Now that I have a non-online crush, It's pretty obvious to see how much more enjoyable it is to actually be able to be around that person without the presence of a webcam or an expensive plane ticket.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Sticky Sheets at 11:15AM, Aug. 7, 2009
(offline)
“O Mai, how I love thee so!”

"MY dearest, nameless, co-workerette, while I am pleased by your short, but to the point confession I must apologize for my heart has already been taken by another.

“AND HER NAME IS COMICS.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 12:27PM, Aug. 14, 2009
(offline)
when my boyfriend asked me out (it seemed sudden) I thought it was some sort of elaborate ruse, didn't believe him (then like the third time I asked him if he was serious he said, “just kidding!” What a guy.) So I made him shake on it, took a picture for photographic evidence…

I didn't trust men.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Saint at 1:45PM, Aug. 14, 2009
(online)
Grope.

Want to know how to draw the title character? Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdGYD-fxNk!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Product Placement at 5:39AM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
I once had this partially happen to me. While in my early teens this girl, who I was working with, started to come on to me, strong. But alas, I was such a shy person at the time that I didn't know what to do about it.

Lonnehart
THIS VIDEO

That video was adorable but it reminded me so much of another song I heard of few years ago. It was more like a male version of this song, some guy trying to pick up a girl, using small talk.

In fact I looked up the song, uploaded it to youtube and made a translation so you guys could listen to it. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmrsonoOXM
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
XanderXeroFiasco at 10:52PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
i “woo hoo”ed and tore off my clothes.

but when a dude said it to me i ran home and took a shower.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Product Placement at 5:40AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
XanderXeroFiasco
but when a dude said it to me i ran home and took a shower.
I had that happen to me once, minus the shower.

He was still in the closet at the time and was carefully trying to figure out if I was gay since he liked me. At the time I was playing allot of CounterStrike with my friends and I frequently complimented his good gaming skills. I must have sent him the wrong signals because he must have thought I was hitting on him. He was to shy to admitting it though until years later when he finally confessed his sexuality.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
XanderXeroFiasco at 4:31PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Well, priduct placement dude- butt slaps are usually reserved for the NFL, not counter strike. Any dude will fall for you whenever you go “nice HEADSHOT, man” with a wink and a little slap to his bum. So i guess it's understandable. Next time just use a regular high five and just to be sure yell out “i want your sister's numbeeerrrr!!” or “your mom
Is hhaawwttt!!” (if he doesnt have a sister) just to be sure.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
Little Swan at 12:39PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Feel incredibly awkward. This has happened to me recently. But didn't know what to do or say, since the guy knows I'm in a long term relationship and then started plaguing me with “what if you were single?” So I gave him all my philosophy on how when you choose one of life's pathways, all the others close down and confused him into oblivion, which made him leave it alone. I felt a little bad but didn't want to tell him to stop bugging me, which was my gut reaction.

skoolmunkee
Unless I loved them back, I would find it very weird and probably never speak to them again out of sheer discomfort.

I'm quite the same, I agree.

usedbooks
No one has ever made such remarks to me. If they did, I would probably assume they were lying, teasing, or being sarcastic. (I'm a hopeless romantic but not a “catch.” I used to fall for jokes at my expense all the time. :-/
The first half is how I always have been (except for my partner, but we really did just click) so I agree with you there. First response for a lot of people is to think “yeah, right”.
However, if people play around with you and make you the brunt of jokes like that, it's really not fair :( I'm a romantic myself, and couldn't imagine someone being so cruel as to take advantage of that. Trust me though, when it's real, you will know, and it will be worth it :)
S.O.P.H.I.E
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM
Product Placement at 12:44PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
XanderXeroFiasco
You shouldn't come onto guys that strong.
Was it my fault that I though he was a good player?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Little Swan at 12:50PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
I never had the net as a teen, but I find love confessions online to be creepy. I think they have the best impact when given face to face.

Definitely! You can never tell if they were serious or not. For example, a particularly venomous girl I used to know had a habit of telling everyone on her contacts list that she was “in love” with them and would convince them that she was. When they said that they weren't interested, or that they were already with someone, she would pretend to get upset and accuse them of saying that because she was fat- she was 17 stone (237 pounds). She really was horrible.

Face to face is the way to go–it shows you're sincere, and care enough to risk rejection in order to declare your love. (Online, you can just say “sorry, wrong person” if it gets bad.)
S.O.P.H.I.E
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon