MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XLV: Return to Townstonia
same at 8:53PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
jninjashadow
Salsa
Oh and I'm Dark LOrd Salsa, so nyaaah!
Well I am the Pirate Lord of the Drunk Coast, captain of a flying strip club, the drunk king of all things walrus related, and I have a minor in word play. Your move, geek
I am Salsa the Luckless, the Dark Lord of Townstonia, the Owner of the Townston Space Port, Admiral of the 1st Deep Stellar Fleet of Earth, and the Grand Poobah of the Order of the Wacom Pen.

I am dissatisfied with your service.
Address this issue!

Why should everything stop over one persons inactivity? Since when is TFGM the GM?
Get on with the bloody game.
And no offence salsa but this is fucking dreadful.
First were blind and now theres delays without a good reason.
He's dead so he stays dead.
I want to see the fucking results. Ive went to libraries to post actions and send votes.
Actually went out of the way to get on the internet for a forum game. If he's gonna be that hurt about not getting a day to live then fine. His butthurtness isnt my fault.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Salsa at 8:57PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
okay, We have word from TFGM, but it's late and I gotta get up for work in the morning so Narration will go up at 5:00PM tomorrow, no more actions after 4:00.

also the remaining witch jumped the gun so they will need to resend their action before then.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
same at 9:07PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
okay, We have word from TFGM, but it's late and I gotta get up for work in the morning so Narration will go up at 5:00PM tomorrow, no more actions after 4:00.

also the remaining witch jumped the gun so they will need to resend their action before then.

Salsa at 9:15PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
same
Why should everything stop over one persons inactivity? Since when is TFGM the GM?
I want to see the fucking results. Ive went to libraries to post actions and send votes.
Actually went out of the way to get on the internet for a forum game. If he's gonna be that hurt about not getting a day to live then fine. His butthurtness isnt my fault.

Because I freaking screwed up. He wasn't even supposed to die and if it's any consolation, I'm not going to be running a game like this again.

The Blind thing was to give a chance to those who died and were revived. How would you feel to be revived only to die right after because you were a role that somebody wanted dead?

The delay is because I haven't been near my computer from about 7:30 this morning to 9:50 tonight. I haven't been able to contact anyone because I don't have on of those friggin' iPhones or Android phones, or any mobile device that has decent internet access.

But if you want this to end so badly then I guess I could start up the GM elections for the next game and just do a-rock-falls-and-everybody-dies ending be cause that would go over so well like last time.

On the other hand I've apologized for my mistakes, I have tried to be fair. Actually, let's be honest here, I've bent over backwards trying to please everybody. You may have meant no offense, but that comment was uncalled for. I could have left TFGM stay dead, I could have given roles to begin with, but I made those decisions because I was trying to keep this fair, and more importantly fun, for everybody.

But you know what, I think we just need to end this before we have to call another halt to the games.

Game Ends tomorrow at 10:00 PM Everyone gets one extra kill, in addition to any other abilities. Send them in by 9:00 PM.
RAGE!
Salsa at 9:17PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
same
Salsa

You know what, screw it.

Same that's it, your out.

Same the Chaos Priest has been Booted.
RAGE!
Niccea at 9:19PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
Salsa, please log off now and count to ten if you haven't already.

I have nothing better to say. But I was going to agree with same that TFGM should just die and be done with it. However, he acted like a dick. And you acted like a dick yourself for just booting him out like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Ochitsukanai at 9:20PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Well, I found out which actions were friendly and which weren't, so now I can post the clue solutions.

I believe Monkey's second prospective murderer was Gullas - the clue is that he's small for his position. He's fetal, and “position” would be a reference to the fetal position.

The one who killed Zeph was certainly Rokulily. The clue is the reiteration of “opaque,” which is a reference to “Opaque Dreams.”

edit: Oh, I started composing this post before the drama broke out. I suppose I'll be relatively neutral in this upcoming war?

Uh. Well, I'm attempting to kill Rokulily for now before she can kill me (since apparently we can all kill for now). See you guys next game, maybe!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
same at 9:24PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
I retract my statement.
BffSatan at 9:26PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
Game Ends tomorrow at 10:00 PM Everyone gets one extra kill, in addition to any other abilities. Send them in by 9:00 PM.
You don't have to end the game because of Same.
I'm happy to just ignore everything, wait the extra time for the next narration, and resume playing as per usual.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Salsa at 9:29PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
Niccea
Sorry, I'm just trying to make up for a mistake and I feel like that no matter what I do I'm going to be damned. I ask what everyone's opinion is, no one said leave him dead, and then Same goes and posts that crap, then there was the second post. I'm sorry if you think it's uncalled for, but I'm serious, I practically bend over backward to try and appease everybody and he goes and and just says “I'm tired of Waiting, leave him dead,” and then the image macro…

I asked, ASKED how I could make up this FUBAR situation to the players and he kept his mouth shut, then when I make a decision he basically says no you're doing it wrong. So I booted him. Is it fair or right? At this point I don't really care.

My decision still stands, Game ends tomorrow. I'll get the election thread up tomorrow, as well.
RAGE!
Niccea at 9:30PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
It was because the Diviner said that she was an adventurer during the elections. She was killed for that. She was killed again because the was resurrected (most likely from the cleric) and then she escaped a lynch. She was killed because people are actually smart enough to figure things out early.

I recommend everyone stop being dick or I will do the Mafia Summer Break Part II. I hate it when people can't separate a game from their emotions. It kinda pisses me off that no one can just play a game and be happy.

And I agree that ending the game is not to thing to do. Unless everyone was to die anyways.
same at 9:37PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
Niccea
Sorry, I'm just trying to make up for a mistake and I feel like that no matter what I do I'm going to be damned. I ask what everyone's opinion is, no one said leave him dead, and then Same goes and posts that crap, then there was the second post. I'm sorry if you think it's uncalled for, but I'm serious, I practically bend over backward to try and appease everybody and he goes and and just says “I'm tired of Waiting, leave him dead,” and then the image macro…

I asked, ASKED how I could make up this FUBAR situation to the players and he kept his mouth shut, then when I make a decision he basically says no you're doing it wrong. So I booted him. Is it fair or right? At this point I don't really care.

My decision still stands, Game ends tomorrow. I'll get the election thread up tomorrow, as well.

Sorry. Continue that game but I was quitting anyway.
Leaving mafia and it has nothing to do with this. I just see this as a perfect time to piss off.
Half way done with a picture of myself commiting seppuku that wont get posted since ive been kicked rather than quitting.
I just dont believe that the entire game should stop over one person.
Im out and I apologise about the way I conducted my actions. What I said still stands though. Just retract all the swearing and any personal attacks I may have made. Not sure if I did but Im sure I probably have.

Later.
BffSatan at 9:38PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
Mannnn, but I might actually be on the winning side this time…

I'm with Niccea on this, let's all chillax and keep on playing.
It's just a game, we all came here to play it, let's do that.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:41PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
same
Salsa
jninjashadow
Salsa
Oh and I'm Dark LOrd Salsa, so nyaaah!
Well I am the Pirate Lord of the Drunk Coast, captain of a flying strip club, the drunk king of all things walrus related, and I have a minor in word play. Your move, geek
I am Salsa the Luckless, the Dark Lord of Townstonia, the Owner of the Townston Space Port, Admiral of the 1st Deep Stellar Fleet of Earth, and the Grand Poobah of the Order of the Wacom Pen.

I am dissatisfied with your service.
Address this issue!

Like Salsa said I was killed during the night which wasn't allowed. I didn't die to inactivity. I died because someone killed me. Which my role says is impossible while the other lives.

As for the waiting for me thing well…it was trivial. Of course I wanted back into the game. I had already sent in my kill request when I thought I was just going to come back to life. So waiting on me was not needed but. I am still grateful for coming back.

As for everyone thinking I should stay died. The role said it wasn't possible for me to die. Me coming back is correcting this.

As for going to libraries and cafes to post. I am currently living with my mom and her boyfriend in a mountain area, I don't want to say town because towns have stores and what not. There is no internet cafe or libraries. The closet library is 23 miles away. I am living here cause if you remember during last summer we lost our home and I was couch surfing till school started. I can't live with my Dad cause he adopted a 5 and 4 year old. So whatever your situation was were you had to walk to the library, my situation is different.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
BffSatan at 9:45PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
As for everyone thinking I should stay died. The role said it wasn't possible for me to die. Me coming back is correcting this.
I think pretty much everyone was in favor of you coming back.
Salsa at 9:51PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
BffSatan
I'm with Niccea on this, let's all chillax and keep on playing.
It's just a game, we all came here to play it, let's do that.
I just have to ask, but why would you want to play this shambling wreck of a game? I have screwed up royally, not once, but at least twice, in addition to rubbing several of the players the wrong way with the first narration.

I'm stressed and getting the next game going would be better than trying to salvage this and fraying everybody's nerves. I don't want to pause the cycle just because I had a meltdown, which I just did. I think it's better for everyone if this thing ends ASAP.

@TFGM: I was gone for 14 hours to spend time with my little sister with my mom. I didn't bring my laptop and we really didn't stop anywhere that I could have checked up on the thread even if I did. and before anyone asks, it was a three hour trip there, and my sister doesn't have a car at the moment. I also haven't seen her in about a month, so yeah, Family > this game. Sorry, I think I just need to go to bed.
RAGE!
Niccea at 9:55PM, June 19, 2011
(offline)
Cause some of us actually enjoy this game no matter how much of shambles it is in.
BffSatan at 10:06PM, June 19, 2011
(online)
Salsa
I just have to ask, but why would you want to play this shambling wreck of a game? I have screwed up royally, not once, but at least twice, in addition to rubbing several of the players the wrong way with the first narration.
I've invested time into playing it. I like to see things through.

And the screw ups weren't that bad, as I already said, we would have worked out TFGM was the priest anyway. Also, that only really affected the priests, one of which is out anyway.

As for the whole double lynch thing, maybe jninja sent in his request too late I dunno, don't care. We'll just double lynch today instead, no biggie.

I don't see what's wrong with the first narration at all.

And as for the whole hidden identities thing, I didn't mind it. It added an extra level of mind-fuckery to the gameplay which I enjoyed.

Really, mostly everything has gone fine, fine enough anyway to keep on playing till the end.
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 12:14AM, June 20, 2011
(offline)
woah, I left for a day and fights broke out?

Dayum, I missed heaps!

I don't understand why there are fights to begin with, it is just a game. I guess it would be frustrating if you're a long time player, but I don't know if it's worth getting angry over.

of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Zeph at 12:22AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
Tensions have rose again.

Lovely.

-sips tea-

@Salsa. You would be president of the dead, if you weren't GM this round really. Since technically you are still alive, someone else has to run the underworld while you're gone, and as I am often one to seize control via military might. (yes that's right I'm packing an army of lawn gnomes fully equipped for lawn care, and warfare)
And since everyone else who'd be president is still alive, I have temporarily seized power, and am holding the underworld hostage.

Also I screwed up a shit ton in my game. Ask Double P, I went to him a lot about how much I botched up my game.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Zeph at 1:39AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
D_Dude at 2:18AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
Personally I am in favor of continuing the game. It seems to me us being blind caused a lot of confusion, but that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 2:19AM, June 20, 2011
(offline)
Hahaha!! Pretty much, Muchacho. What a mighty Fork I weild!

Salsa
I think it's better for everyone if this thing ends ASAP.

:( I don't want it to end, I'm having far too much fun. But just take a break for a while before coming back to it, start off fresh! :)
pokketmonstahhuntah at 2:44AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
I have to agree with most people here.

I love to play this game with all of you, even if Salsa says it's a wreck… Well, I wouldn't know. The game is fun anyway!

I don't understand all this tension over a game. If someone is too late, it's too bad. If Salsa made a mistake, he has the right to fix it.
However, if that means booting everyone else, it seems a little bit unfair.

I had the feeling everyone was having great fun, even if this game seems somewhat unorthodox to the experienced players. What are you gonna do? There are a lot of noobies in here, it seems, so mistakes were bound to happen.

Heck, I probably made mistakes without even knowing!

So, my suggestion as a teacher is:
“Both get over here, shake eachother's hands and keep playing nicely”
Man,
I would kill for some Okonomiyaki right now!
Deviant-art
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
seventy2 at 3:02AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
I was actually upset before the game started. I thought that with revive roles that it would be pointless, because they would just be lynched/killed in the next turn.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case

i had more to write but now i'm late for the gym.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
same at 3:15AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
seventy2
I was actually upset before the game started. I thought that with revive roles that it would be pointless, because they would just be lynched/killed in the next turn.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this was not the case

That was the case with Ally.
Ally Haert at 3:39AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
I REGRET NOTHING!
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 3:59AM, June 20, 2011
(offline)
Ally Haert
I REGRET NOTHING!

SHE REGRETS NOTHING!!
Ally Haert at 4:10AM, June 20, 2011
(online)
OnlyFoolsAndVikings
Ally Haert
I REGRET NOTHING!

SHE REGRETS NOTHING!!

SHE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT I REGRET NOTHING!
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:11AM, June 20, 2011
(offline)
Mettaur
internet fads…all are destroyed with fire.
Like Happy Tree Friends?
Or Left 4 Dead?
Or Fallout?
Or YADDAH YADDAH…
:P (/tease)

The Boss
I recommend everyone stop being dick or I will do the Mafia Summer Break Part II. I hate it when people can't separate a game from their emotions. It kinda pisses me off that no one can just play a game and be happy.
o-o
BUT I'M ABOUT TO RUN!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OnlyFoolsAndVikings
Ally Haert
I REGRET NOTHING!

SHE REGRETS NOTHING!!
SHE DOES NOT REGRET HER (PRIOR) REGRETTING NOTHING!!!

And my look on things is

1 - It's a game.

-Same -.-
-Salsa -.-
-Other Peeps -.-
Because we've had worse fights over this GAME on the INTERNET and as we've found out, we're one huge messed up family.
Unless you're Roku cause then you're BANNED.

3 - Vote for 1337 in the next election!!!!

4 - PONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/pony
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon