MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXVI: Trick or Townston
same at 7:15AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
hakoshen
Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.
Asmun was incredibly vocal and he was innocent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Hakoshen at 7:27AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Yes, but wasn't this also his and Keybounce's first game here? I meant people who are typically quiet in mafia games suddenly being very active throughout the whole game.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
same at 7:37AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
I suppose that makes sense. Although Maru also has a good point… I think I'll examine a bit more before I decide who to vote for.

Im accusing… myself!

The clues all add up.

DS = Phoenix Wright. Also the fact that I used to draw my comics on my ds.
Mud/dirt/ground etc. = The only page I have in the only comic I have shows the main character coming out of the ground.

Maybe it was I who convinced Jay that Asmun was the Zombie leader?

We'll never know. Until lynch time.

Keybounce at 9:47AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
same
Im accusing… myself!

The clues all add up.
Hey, since no sane innocent (townie? Goodguy? What do you call the non-mafia over here?) would accuse themselves, this must be a mafia (rogue? Scum? Badguy?) ploy to divert attention.

Well, it's as good as the reasons for going after me, right?

FoI (Finger of innocence): JNinja (I still trust the tattle tale to have checked)
FoS (Finger of suspicion): Maru (she's saying it's me, and finding clues within clues),
Same (I had a good reason day 2 … what was it again?)

Have to remember that Hako the pencil green isn't the same as Harko the furry kat.
I know: Lets get rid of one of them, so there's less confusion :-).

And one more thing I'm not used to. Dead people talking. We actually set up dead threads. The rule is that when you die, you can post a death scene, no clues, no information, no more of your thoughts, and then you join all the dead folk in a special forum section.

And that, plus the rogue's discussion forums, are opened up after the game.

> Put her in a crude dinosaur costume
“Open the door, get on the floor…”
(What's the unicode for a note symbol? Do these forums support unicode?)

4. shirkersama needs a title
6. harkovast the self proclaimed furry pusher.
7. Hakoshen the Spartan
9. jninjashadow the town drunk
10. same needs a title
11. alwinbot needs a title
12. maru the last beserker
13. Keybounce
14. rokulily The Minister of Cuteness

9 people. 2 that can convert, and jenkins. 6-3. If we lynch badly, that will be 5-3, and then between Jenkins and conversion …

Ohh. More examples of this game being different. There are trick or treaters that cannot become converted to the rogue side. So as much as Jenkins wants to off the mafia as much as the town, if the town does off Jenkins at least someone has to survive.

And: Gaack. That extra long “Whaaaaat” from a page or two ago is forcing this “compose new reply” window to be too wide. Can some moderator cut that in half or something?

Hmm… Random chance almost is enough to hit something. Die rolls anyone?

Consider this a partial reply – I'm sure I've had snipage since I've started this.
Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
jninjashadow at 9:49AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
I'm voting for Jninja, because I think Asmun was right. Shouting down and subsequently lynching an outspoken and logical argument with popularity is a sure sign of guilt. Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.
Hey, I used logic to down him, granted my hypothesis proved incorrect, but still, that whole furry thing seemed like a solid clue! Also I couldn't have used popularity… I'm not popular… *sobs*
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Niccea at 9:59AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Well keybounce since the mafia game here is a realatively small opperation without it's own forum. We don't waste threads here.

And we allow dead talking to a certain degree. Here is what we agreed upon in the Discussion thread.

Deadtalking - intentionally or accidently sharing viable information once dead (through PQ or on the thread) (Not Allowed)

From the Beyond Talking - Posting on the thread after death, but not about viable information. Usually just picking up on whatever conversation is going on in the game or “AVENGE ME.” (Allowed)

Tombstone Talking - When you send a dead player a “sorry I killed you” PQ. This is only not allowed if you were the one killed by the unknowing paranoid. (Allowed as long as no information is spread).

This really isn't posted anywhere, so it is just one of those things that if you think might be breaking rules, you can't do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Keybounce at 10:04AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Alright, seriously, 4 votes for me?

People, please, consider: You have people who are barely playing. Any of them can be hiding in plain sight. Getting rid of me might be what it takes to let them walk all over the town.

What would I have to do to convince you to change your vote?
Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?
Niccea at 10:20AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Ok. Votes finally updated. (Got distracted by thumbing through the archive of the discussion thread.)

And. I appoligize but I'm backing up the voting by an hour (5 pm CST) It is the anniversary of my teacher's cancer survival and we are having a party before my 7pm class. (It was either closing votes at 9pm or 5pm). If everyone doesn't mind things being 3 hours late, I can still do within the 9pm hour.
Keybounce at 10:24AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Maru, Roku, and Shirker all seem to be hiding in plain sight.
Alwin, and Harko (the furry kat) are barely better.

Hmm, myself, Hako (green tagged pencil), Same, and JNinja. We're the actives.

And I can't miss this one:
Shirkersama
Anyway, I'm jumping on the lynch Asmun bandwagon. Jninja hasn't lead us astray yet in this game. I will follow him mindlessly like some kind of zombie.
Wait, that was a bad choice of words.

Something about honesty, and hiding in plain sight. We're looking for the zombie.

I'm voting for Shirker.
Niccea at 10:36AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Ok. Just to give update in what I'm working on now. I think that Mafia has too many unwritten rules. So I'm writing them along with some clarifying definitions. These will be the rules that every body (even GMs) must follow. Any other issue will be up the individual GM's discretion.
Hakoshen at 11:23AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
Ok. Just to give update in what I'm working on now. I think that Mafia has too many unwritten rules. So I'm writing them along with some clarifying definitions. These will be the rules that every body (even GMs) must follow. Any other issue will be up the individual GM's discretion.

The task couldn't be in more capable hands

And I'm not really active, today is just an easy day at work and I have lots of free time.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Niccea at 11:59AM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Ok. I posted the unwritten rules on the first post of the discussion thread. It is just the first draft. Anyone else have an ideas for it, please let me know. I will be going through the archives to see if there is anything else.
Salsa at 12:02PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Hakoshen
I'm voting for Jninja, because I think Asmun was right. Shouting down and subsequently lynching an outspoken and logical argument with popularity is a sure sign of guilt. Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.

Edit: And is today Salsa's birthday or was that yesterday? Happy 21st either way.

Two days ago. I was born October 27, 1989 on Minot AFB.

Thanks man.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:34PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Same thought I was METT?!!!

That's just disgusting!

To Mett: Yes it would be very gross if I were you and it kind of is but isn't dead talking.
I haven't shared my opinions on what's going on and if I did…then it would be.

To Keybounce: How dare you think that?! You can't play Kingdom Hearts on the Wii!!!

Be ashamed.

VERY ashamed. -_-

I've been talking from the beyond and from my tombstone, both non illegally.

To Niccea's writing of the unwrittens: Thank you very much for that. It will be really helpful I think.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Niccea at 1:03PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Some were also just lost. Posted in the discussion thread and forgotten. (So I dig dig dig…)

And though TFGM Product Placement were given credit for coming up with and implementing the first Monster Mash. Gullas was the first one to suggest Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Zombie. Though he wanted three different vigilante roles (one that could prey on each monster). It was 6 pages later that TFGM brought up the idea again as his own and worked out how the game would run with Product Placement.

Also 1 hour left for voting. (Unless you really want to wait 5 hours. Either is good with me)
Niccea at 3:01PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Look guys. Got caught up in stuff. I will post the vote results when I get back at 9, so you have until then.
harkovast at 3:42PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
I want my title to be short and snappy.

I want a title I can say easily when I refer to myself.

I want to shorten my two current titles into easily typed forms-

The patron saint of finger pointing- The Patron Saint or The Saint.

The self appointed furry pushed= The Pusher.

You all know what these titles stands for so I think it would be catchier just to use the abbreviated version.
Over long titles just sound lame to me.

THE PATRON SAINT HAS SPOKEN!

(oh yeah, I am the zombie leader….rraaaaarrrrgh!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
same at 4:55PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
harkovast
I want my title to be short and snappy.

Mr Wiskers.
Keybounce at 6:16PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Harko the vast?

Harkovast the long winded?

Harkovast the many titled?
alwinbot at 6:59PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
The longer the title. The more manly you are.

Don't you want to be manly, Hark?
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
same at 7:03PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
alwinbot

Implying TFGM is the Kenshiro of mafia?
Niccea at 7:11PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
Day Four

“Ok, Keybounce, let’s see you really are.” Jay said as he pulled off the mask. “Zoinks! Like it was Old Man Jenkins the whole time.”

”Yes, I'm Mr. Jenkins. Of course I'm Mr. Jenkins. All night I've been complaining like an old man, comparing how we used to do things in my time, talking about my old computer. I've been an old man all night. All I wanted was a nice, peaceful Halloween. Just a day to recollect on the year's harvest. Instead, all you children, running around, making noise, dressing up, extorting candy – I just had to stop it. I had to.“

Mr. Jenkins looked up, and thought of the werewolf leader who had gone home.

”And I would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your talking dog".

Keybounce who was really Old Man Jenkins, was caught and sent to the authorities for bothering the kids.

Day Four is over. Here comes Night 5. Ok same drill. Night actions due at 6pm CST, 11pm GMT.

(This Narration was written by Keybounce, which is a good thing. Jninjashadow wanted something like this as well.)
same at 7:53PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Wait… I wasnt Old Man Jenkins?! Well thats a relief.
Hakoshen at 8:07PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(offline)
How about Hark the Furry?

Narration
Stuff.
Edit: Ah HA! I was right! About what, who knows.
-Harkovast
jninjashadow at 8:11PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
Huzzah! We outwitted an octogenarian! Woooo!
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
same at 9:56PM, Oct. 29, 2010
(online)
I am the zombie leader. Brains and such.
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:28AM, Oct. 30, 2010
(offline)
Zombies…

Are not that interesting.

To Keybounce: Yet another evil man falls.

To the men who killed him: Why haven't you gotten the zombie done it yet? It's embarrassing…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
alwinbot at 8:01AM, Oct. 30, 2010
(offline)
same
alwinbot

Implying TFGM is the Kenshiro of mafia?

No. He's the Roah.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
same at 9:54AM, Oct. 30, 2010
(online)
That certainly does change things.
Mettaur at 10:29AM, Oct. 30, 2010
(offline)
I was right! I was right! Next time a talking pickle tells you something, listen to it!

I suggest a nickname for Keybounce, Old Man Jenkins. But he did good, I hope he sticks around for more games!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon