Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Physical Fitness In DDers?
RDraconis at 11:22AM, June 2, 2007
(online)
gothelin
Red Slayer
I take care of the computer, i can't go out and exercise.

Oh! I am so stealing that excuse!

Yeah taht's a really awesome excuse. x3

I try to be healthy- but I generally don't really do that much, and it doesn't help that half the time I forget to eat lunch and dinner half the time. >_< I shouldn't be allowed to live alone…
After college or whatever I want to get a DDR mat and do that for exercise. I can barely even pass beginner now, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
leopardprintstars at 7:44AM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
i play rugby.
im not a butch girl though. i just run fast.
i also do swimming and running.

hooray
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 2:29PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
Physical fitness? Hm.

I don't consider myself skinny. Of course, I say this because I'm female.

But I consider anyone who has shape and is physically fit skinny. My physical condition is okay. It's not awesome. It's just okay. I'm thin, but I'm not what I wanna be. (Must be thinner!)

So, for the past 6 months, I've been walking a lot and doing sit-ups every night. I'm doing about 200. That stuff made me lose 10 pounds. Now I'm 120. I had to buy a new belt a few days ago ;)

I don't do sports because I consider them to be stupid. Then again, I consider everything to be stupid, me with my teen angst and all. *shrugs* (I always get hurt. Damn you competitive jock kids!)

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
joe_vee at 2:50PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
I'm a fitness nut, I really try to do the best I can to stay healthy.

During the school year I am more hardcore:

- Lift two times a week
- Cardio 4-6 times a week
- Abs 4 times a week

But since it's just summer….

- Jog 2 times a week
- Swim 1 time a week
- Lift 2 times a week
- Abs 2-3 times a week

And about three weeks a go I completely cut out sweets and desserts from my diet, but it's been a B*tch because those were my favorite foods!!! GRR. But don't worry i still practically eat everything else, I've just replaced sweets with fruit. Im not doing no nicole richie thang.

I have been putting the college pudge on so I need to calm down so I don't get all unhealthy when I get older. My goal is to lose all the wieght I gained in college before I graduate. Yar the freshman fifteen rumors are true so WATCH OUT! There are lots of cases of diabetes that run in my family and im too wimpy to take those insulin shots so I rather take the healthy route. :P
~ You Are What You Love, Not What Loves You ~
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Ozoneocean at 2:56PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
That kind of inherited diabetes is different from the one you get from being obese though. I don't think you can avoid it through “healthy” living.

I could be wrong…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
swisscheese at 5:48PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
Type II diabetes is an obesity-related disease, but a predisposition to it is genetic, so if it runs in your family you will have a greater chance of getting it than someone with no family members who are diabetic. Whether you're genetically predisposed to it or not, it's a good idea to stay in shape and avoid a veritable plethora of obesity-related diseases. Now I only have to follow my own advice (pshaw), and I'll be set!
Visit http://www.drunkduck.com/DSRI/ Updated Sundays-ish!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
qdawg at 6:03PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
My dad has type I. I'm worried about him because he doesn't do anything about it. No medication, he barely watches what he eats, and the only exercise he gets is when he works(he does construction, which is pretty labor intensive I've done it.)
Rockin it fatboy style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
patrickdevine at 6:41PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
I try to eat well, I bike everywhere and I'm built like a broom handle. I wouldn't say that I'm fit because I'm too skinny and look very weird.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Ozoneocean at 7:00PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
Yeah, I knew type two was obesity related, didn't know there was any predisposition in there though. But do you normally have to take injections for type two?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Phantom Penguin at 7:22PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
I busted my ankle the other day running! Wonderful no? So that means I ride a bike every freaking day until it heals.

But the way i'm working I should be able to ‘take my 6 pack out of the fridge’ by the end of next month.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
swisscheese at 7:41PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Yeah, I knew type two was obesity related, didn't know there was any predisposition in there though. But do you normally have to take injections for type two?

It depends on the severity of the case. Usually they start with diet and monitoring, then move on to oral medications, and then insulin as a last resort. A lot of people never have to do insulin. Pregnant women have to jump straight to diet and insulin though, because insulin is pretty much the only thing that won't cross the placenta.
Visit http://www.drunkduck.com/DSRI/ Updated Sundays-ish!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
notlikelytocare at 8:11PM, July 30, 2007
(online)
well, i guess im healthier than the average civilian, but i have a motivation problem….. i just dont feel like waking up at 5 so i can run in the desert, ya know?
but when it comes time for an army PT test, i bust my ass, I can do 83 pushups in 2 min, around 65 situps, and run 2 miles in 1530…. but i cant lose this excess weight….. the only way i lose weight is to run around 5 miles a day….. no thanks
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
joe_vee at 9:54PM, July 30, 2007
(offline)
swisscheese
ozoneocean

It depends on the severity of the case. Usually they start with diet and monitoring, then move on to oral medications, and then insulin as a last resort. A lot of people never have to do insulin. Pregnant women have to jump straight to diet and insulin though, because insulin is pretty much the only thing that won't cross the placenta.

Yeah that's right my grandma has type two, and my mom had it for a little bit when she got pregnant with my little sister but she is ok cuz she watches what she eats and works out. And they both had to take shots. I know im not guaranteed to have it but yeah I have a greater chance if i don't watch myself. Before I wasn't really watching myself and just stuffed myself with cookies, gummy worms, ice cream, and chocolate everyday and i didn't care because I just worked out a lot so none of it showed too much, but after learning more about fitness and health I've learned that you're NOT suppose to eat all that EVERYDAY LOL (DUH!). So I'm trying to ween myself off of the sweets, kinda like a detox. And once i get use to not having them so often I can slowly reintroduce them to my body again in smaller portions.

Phew, yeah a little complicated. But hopefully it works.
~ You Are What You Love, Not What Loves You ~
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
zapheron at 9:25AM, Aug. 2, 2007
(online)
I'm qite thing and burns calories to fast and have a soocer wound,
and quite capable of movin in terrain.
a mixture og martial arts and bokken, capoiera and softgun with friends
it certainly help,
Why play a game like cs when you can run around with guns and shot poepole, there's many training disiplins^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
TnTComic at 10:50AM, Aug. 2, 2007
(offline)
I play hockey twice a week, pickup on mondays, and league on fridays. Took the league championship last 3 sessions, so go us.

Used to fence in college, now I only do it when drunk on the porch. Good times.

I golf as often as possible, usually at least once a week.

I shoot hoops in my driveway 2-3 times a week, but its so damn hot now.

I play tennis on thursdays, with my buddy the swede, who woops my ass every time.

When i'm not doing any of that, I hit the weights and the stationary bike.

So yeah, i'm pretty active. Gotta burn off the weekend beers somehow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon