Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Platinum Studios partners with EZ Prints (Drunk Duck is getting a store)
Hawk at 9:50AM, Feb. 19, 2010
(online)
There are certain products in the store that I'm really excited about, and I'm sure I'll buy several pieces of my own merchandise just to have them.

The one thing I worry about is the shirts. It feels like we're pretty limited in the designs we can do, though it's understandable since a lot of the more complicated T-shirt designs require a silk-screening process.

But I wonder, if you were to print a picture with a lot of white onto a white shirt, would it print the white part? Or would it leave the white stuff blank?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Anubis at 10:18PM, March 4, 2010
(offline)
So, uh, is it up yet?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Ozoneocean at 10:58PM, March 4, 2010
(online)
Anubis
So, uh, is it up yet?
sooooooooooon.
Needs one or two fixes though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Kroatz at 2:27AM, March 8, 2010
(online)
I know that they probably won't be able to ship internationally, but how about if I (a dutchman) try putting some stuff up there. Will I still get money? will the money be sent to european bankaccounts or won't I even be able to sell my stuff?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Ozoneocean at 4:20AM, March 8, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I know that they probably won't be able to ship internationally, but how about if I (a dutchman) try putting some stuff up there. Will I still get money? will the money be sent to european bankaccounts or won't I even be able to sell my stuff?
You will be able to sell stuff, but whenever anyone buys it the stuff will be sent to me and all the money will go into my pocket. I will then sell your stuff in a big garage sale on the 1st of every month! :)

….
OK, here's a better answer…
Anyone who has a paypal account can make money from selling their artwork through the store.
That means that YOU, as a Dutchman, can make money ^__^

As for international shipping… I'm not really sure yet. I bloody hope so because I'm in Australia and I'd really like to buy some stuff to see how cool it looks! >:[
skoolmunkee at 2:15AM, March 9, 2010
(offline)
Haha, yeah, that is one of the few things we can't test because uh… it's linked to our paypal accounts. So even with the testing, I've never gone very far in a transaction. So I hope there's (affordable) international shipping.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Kroatz at 6:57AM, March 9, 2010
(online)
OzoneOcean
You will be able to sell stuff, but whenever anyone buys it the stuff will be sent to me and all the money will go into my pocket. I will then sell your stuff in a big garage sale on the 1st of every month!

I'm cool with that too!
I bet it'd get me featured. :P

- Albert Einstein
alwinbot at 4:24PM, March 9, 2010
(offline)
Can you get your own shirts? Make a design, then use the DrunkDuck store to print it on a shirt?
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Red Slayer at 8:49PM, March 9, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
As for international shipping… I'm not really sure yet. I bloody hope so because I'm in Australia and I'd really like to buy some stuff to see how cool it looks! >:[
Same here, i nee a new zip up hoodie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Ozoneocean at 12:28AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I'm cool with that too!
I bet it'd get me featured. :P
keep ging that way and there's a possibility… :)
alwinbot
Can you get your own shirts? Make a design, then use the DrunkDuck store to print it on a shirt?
Nope. Sorry man. The only way to get your own print on your own stuff is to take your art and your shirt to a print shop that does that sort of thing. :(
Red Slayer
ozoneocean
Same here, i nee a new zip up hoodie.
No hoodies, only T-shirts. :(

And mugs , boxes, mouse-pads, posters, coasters etc.
same at 5:24AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
boxes

Boxes you say?

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
lba at 6:06AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
alwinbot
Nope. Sorry man. The only way to get your own print on your own stuff is to take your art and your shirt to a print shop that does that sort of thing. :(

I think he was asking if you can purchase your own goods from the DD store, which I see nothing that would stop you from doing that. The store should just treat it as though anyone else were purchasing it I'd imagine.

I myself kind of like the box option. It seems wonderfully goofy in a certain way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Red Slayer at 9:12AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
No hoodies, only T-shirts. :(

And mugs , boxes, mouse-pads, posters, coasters etc.
Hmmm…What's the status on boxes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
skoolmunkee at 9:38AM, March 10, 2010
(offline)
They are little wooden “keepsake” boxes, there's a square on the top where the printed image is inserted. Not foldable cardboard boxes, those would be kinda neat though.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
JayFantastico at 10:17AM, March 10, 2010
(online)
This is a neat idea. I'd like to see how it goes first before I participate though. We got lots of cool ideas over at LtB. Hell, maybe we could even make a print of our comics top banner or that Bob Dylan peice in our archive. That would be ballin'.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
alwinbot at 11:40AM, March 10, 2010
(offline)
So, the big idea with this is that artists send in their designs. EzPrints puts them on shirts, and if people buy them, the artists get money? How much of the money does EzPrint take for manufacturing? Does it cost anything on the artist's end? How much does each tee cost? Would there be any chance of featuring certain prints?
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
lba at 12:28PM, March 10, 2010
(online)
Yep, that's how it works. There's a feature page right on the front page. I don't know how it works, so Skool or Oz would have to answer that. It costs you nothing but your time to put up the work and each item you sell has a different amount they pull. A t-shirt won't have the same amount withheld as a mouse pad. I don't remember how much they keep of each item though. Someone with a bit more knowledge than me will have to fill that part in.

Dunno if I'm supposed to be talking about it myself. bit too late now.
alwinbot at 1:29PM, March 10, 2010
(offline)
lba
Yep, that's how it works. There's a feature page right on the front page. I don't know how it works, so Skool or Oz would have to answer that. It costs you nothing but your time to put up the work and each item you sell has a different amount they pull. A t-shirt won't have the same amount withheld as a mouse pad. I don't remember how much they keep of each item though. Someone with a bit more knowledge than me will have to fill that part in.

Dunno if I'm supposed to be talking about it myself. bit too late now.
Let's say, hypothetically, a shirt cost 20 dollars. How much of the money would the artist get if it sold?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
lba at 1:34PM, March 10, 2010
(online)
Like I said, I couldn't tell you for sure. I'm sure it's based on how it costs them to make the item, but I'm not privy to that information myself at the moment. I know it's a fairly substantial amount compared to other services, but if I ever was told I don't remember.
alwinbot at 3:21PM, March 10, 2010
(offline)
http://store.platinumstudios.com/
What would that be?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Ozoneocean at 7:19PM, March 10, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
http://store.platinumstudios.com/
What would that be?
Something different.

As to costs… All the detail was told to me 2 or three times, but I've forgotten now. It's all buried somewhere in my e-mail inbox too.
As far as I can recall the deal was pretty generous. If you want to put that into perspective, look at the deal people have with Cafe press- it's better than that. ;)

What the deal is with cafe press, I can't recall either, just that it's better.

——–
Sorry, that the best I can do for now. I have a headache and I'm at work. -_-
——–

@lba: Talk about whatever you want! Please! I'm glad that you do. Ad anyone else that knows too. Please help explain if you think you can, it helps us a lot and we really appreciate it :)
HippieVan at 7:55PM, March 10, 2010
(online)
I think earlier one of you guys said the profits are split 50/50 between the artist and EzPrints.

I might just be making that up though…you could check through the previous pages of this thread I guess.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
skoolmunkee at 1:09AM, March 11, 2010
(offline)
alwinbot
So, the big idea with this is that artists send in their designs. EzPrints puts them on shirts, and if people buy them, the artists get money? How much of the money does EzPrint take for manufacturing? Does it cost anything on the artist's end? How much does each tee cost? Would there be any chance of featuring certain prints?

This has been answered in the thread, have you read it? :] I think it's near the bottom of page 1, but you can probably just skim the threads for our yellow admin boxes for all our various answers.

To elaborate on one of the points (something I don't think Oz or I have had a chance to say yet), Plat will be making available a chart with prices-mfr. cost-artist profit of all the products, so people will be able to look that up and see how much specifically they would be getting if they sold a mug or whatever. But it hasn't been released yet.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
lba at 2:15PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
@lba: Talk about whatever you want! Please! I'm glad that you do. Ad anyone else that knows too. Please help explain if you think you can, it helps us a lot and we really appreciate it :)
Alright. I just wasn't sure how much I'm really allowed to talk about since I'm not technically on staff or anything.

Given the prices they've listed for the customer and the artist's agreement, it's quite a deal compared to other print-on-demand places like prinfection or cafepress. I think most of these questions I've seen on the FAQ page. Seems to me like they're keeping an eye on this thread for that stuff while they set it up.
HippieVan at 4:07PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
So I don't suppose we have any more of an idea of when this will be up?
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Kroatz at 4:22PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
I'm guessing ozone is coming in in a couple of hours shouting SOON!

They wanted to have it online ages ago, that just didn't happen…

- Albert Einstein
Ozoneocean at 8:23PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
lol!

there has been a ton of technical clean-up. It's on going, but big enough so that if it went live it would Ef up all the people who were using the thing.

The date at the moment is the 22nd.
That could change.
Mina_Lunga at 6:15PM, March 12, 2010
(online)
The one promise of technology is that eventually it makes things faster, but currently it takes hours and hours to achieve nothing.

:)

I think that when the store is finally up and not broken it will be wonderful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Gibson Twist at 7:27AM, March 21, 2010
(offline)
This is hilarious! Considering the CONSTANT technical issues this site has, why does anyone think that a STORE is going to function? Is everyone just trusting that Platinum will actually bother to make it work if they've got money on the line? They manage to squeeze money out of this site without making it functional, I'm sure they'll be able to do the same with a store.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
Ozoneocean at 9:49PM, March 21, 2010
(online)
Gibson Twist
This is hilarious! Considering the CONSTANT technical issues this site has, why does anyone think that a STORE is going to function? Is everyone just trusting that Platinum will actually bother to make it work if they've got money on the line? They manage to squeeze money out of this site without making it functional, I'm sure they'll be able to do the same with a store.
Drunk Duck dose NOT suffer “constant technical issues”.
The site has been relatively bug free for a while with very limited down-time.

The technical issues that have been affecting the site over the past few days are completely unrelated to either the store that's being worked on or anything to do with the site programming on Drunk Duck.

The issues are caused by our HOST and our programmer is working as hard as he can, late into the nights and over his weekends to sort those out, AS WELL as trying to finish work on the stores.
He's working damn hard right now!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon