MAFIA... and other forum games

The Offical Mafia 4 Game Thread: Mafia 4, Mafia Harder!
humorman at 10:48PM, March 21, 2009
(offline)
I voted for ….

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
the2ndredbaron at 10:49PM, March 21, 2009
(online)
fine, sheesh I try and do one thing, I'll change the blind voting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
crocty at 10:51PM, March 21, 2009
(offline)
S'okay, Baron. I liked the idea.
But eh, the majority didn't, so I guess it's fair to make it public.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
the2ndredbaron at 10:56PM, March 21, 2009
(online)
well actually right now it is like 4 to 2 so I guess I'll wait until more people have a chance to vote on it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Dukat at 11:41PM, March 21, 2009
(offline)
Seriously people need to quite complaining. This is Baron's game, he wants to use blind voting, let him use blind voting. It adds an element of difficulty to the game so we can't immediately spot who the mafia is voting for, and makes the detective role that much more useful.

Although, honestly, I'm a bit confused. I see a mayoral tally, then a jump and night one ending with day 2 starting. Did I miss a post somewhere?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
crocty at 11:48PM, March 21, 2009
(offline)
Yeah, Dukat raises a good point.
I mean, if people want to state who they're voting for, that's fine. It's just like when people choose to tell people their roles.
They're secret, but they can tell people anyway. =w=
And yes, the detective role does become more useful.

Anyway, I voted for Blitz now, just so you're all aware.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
leaderofstars at 12:03AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Dukat
Seriously people need to quite complaining. This is Baron's game, he wants to use blind voting, let him use blind voting. It adds an element of difficulty to the game so we can't immediately spot who the mafia is voting for, and makes the detective role that much more useful.

Although, honestly, I'm a bit confused. I see a mayoral tally, then a jump and night one ending with day 2 starting. Did I miss a post somewhere?

the mafia using their random ability to do this
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
waff at 2:00AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
*from inside a dumpster* I am personally for letting baron do what he likes with the voting…well he's the gm…he can kill the lot of you with a thought.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
leaderofstars at 2:09AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
waff
*from inside a dumpster* I am personally for letting baron do what he likes with the voting…well he's the gm…he can kill the lot of you with a thought.

shutup skull
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Product Placement at 2:56AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Look. I'm looking through the clues with you guys. Why would I be doing that if I was a mafia? While Hakoshen made a very good point tying me with the waff murder, he still admits that it's not fool proof. Why would he think I'm dead? I'm among the most active people here.

Apparently, two people have PQ,d Crocty about their theories, linking the same clues with Blitzkrieg. I hope both of those people vote for him.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Ozoneocean at 3:19AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Blitzkrieg
I don't see any connection with Blitz. That silly thing about the German name stuff is way too thin. His is a word for a type of war strategy and the other was the name of a famous film maker.

That's as flimsy as this idea I had about the Yorrick thing: I was discussing that with Nicea and I was thinking that Yorrick was a Dane because that's where the play is set, and that Iceland was ruled by the Danes until recently and I thought they might still speak Danish, so that could be a connection to you. And then she mentioned that Gullas was also an Icelander and I realised what a massive stretch the whole idea was lol! -So I can't really support that connection to either.

I still think the clue about the obvious product endorsement stuff is a huge connection to you PP. No stretching there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Product Placement at 3:25AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Wait… you were trying to connect me to both murders?

I'm gonna raise a flag here.

Edit: Also: Why would waff think I was dead?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Ozoneocean at 3:43AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Wait… you were trying to connect me to both murders?
No. I just saw connections… That's what you do when you work out clues.

I don't know about that Waff thing. It could be a red herring. Can you see anyone else more connected to the murder?

I mean, it'd be REALLY, REALLY helpful to have people posting their reasoning up here, for Blitz as well. We don't want to kill innocent people for nothing.
Product Placement at 3:49AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Fine then. Blame me. My death shall prove my innocence and you'll be one townie down making it that much easier for the mafia to exterminate you all.

Edit: Also, sine you think your such a good detective, pointing your finger at an innocent man, why don't you look around to see if anyone else fits the clues.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 4:04AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
I don't really think that Product is mafia, I have his role on my handy dandy excel table of suspects.
I'm actually pretty sure I have all the townies listed, except one…
I've listed the reasons I think that Blitz is mafioso, I know they might be longshots, but I think they're about as much as a longshot as the advertising clue…

EDIT: I feel so silly…Reading up on the Empire of Nicaea, trying to find out where the term “When the Cicadas Cry” comes from, and reading about Eduardo Gullas…
Just to find clues…
Product Placement at 4:47AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
crocty
I don't really think that Product is mafia, I have his role on my handy dandy excel table of suspects.
I'm actually pretty sure I have all the townies listed, except one…

Well… as much as it pains me to say this (because I am a suspect at the moment) not everyone who's written you to inform you of their role might be telling the truth. I mean if they can prove to you that they are who they are (for example a pardoner telling you who he is and then proceeds to pardon someone) then he's telling you the truth but unless he uses his power, his words are the only thing backing him up. Also, anyone claiming to be a townie can easily be a mafia since they can't really prove it.

Also, anyone claiming to be a vigilante can be a mafia member in disguise since both types have the power to kill. That is unless he can inform you, in advance, whom he plans to kill and that individual turns out to be a mafia.

This is a fundamental flaw in having all the roles a secret because anyone can step out and claim to be the individual in question. We don't know who's the police captain, pardoner or paramedic and thus could accidentally lynch him/her. This of course protects them at the same time from mob hits if they wish to get rid of those individuals first.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 5:04AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
Well yes, but in the last game, Hark said I could've proved I wasn't mafia by telling him my role. I could've easily lied, but I knew that it would eventually not add up. I've gotten no duplicates on roles yet, so that pretty much proves it, although most of the ones I know, have indeed proved themselves. (About 4 that are still alive…)

I don't see any reason for the mafia to send me a role without any prior reason, like me asking them for a role. In my opinion, risking pretending a role wouldn't be worth the risk…
Product Placement at 5:12AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Still, they could easily pretend to be townies since they don't need to prove anything.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 5:15AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
That's true. But if things weren't to add up, I'd just have to investigate all of them~
Product Placement at 5:21AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
So it's when the number of townies exceed the number of those that are alive is when you become suspicions. That's a good plan.

Everyone who's a townie with no special roles should contact Crocty.

So how many townies are there. The list says 8 but then goes on to say that two of them are a rival mafia members, who kill every three days and two of them are randoms. Does that mean that there are only four townies (which makes them technically 5 since one of the randoms is on our side)?

Edit. Man… that means we have to lynch 8 people. 5 mobsters, 2 rivals and one bad random. We can only get rid of one at a time through a lynch (twice once) + the vigilante can kill each night but we have to take into account friendly fires. They on the other hand can consistently kill two non members every day as long as they're not found out + two other guys can kill twice every three days + one of them (the mad bomber) autokills two more if he's found out. It's hard to be on the good side.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 5:51AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
*from the dumpster* curse you mathematics and your ability to make things look worse than they are.*trys to shake a fist then realises he's just a head*bugger.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Ozoneocean at 6:55AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
PP, Barron made it pretty obvious in the first clue that the killer was probably you, what with the blatant advertising and all.

So, is all the rest of this stuff an act because you're a mafia, or are you a vigilante that just goes after any old townie you feel like killing? Either way, it sounds pretty bad and you've done nothing to convince me you're not the killer.
Niccea at 7:08AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
PP, Barron made it pretty obvious in the first clue that the killer was probably you, what with the blatant advertising and all.

So, is all the rest of this stuff an act because you're a mafia, or are you a vigilante that just goes after any old townie you feel like killing? Either way, it sounds pretty bad and you've done nothing to convince me you're not the killer.
As to the dead thing. Just before the narrative, PP posted up a picture of zombie…G…Um…wouldn't you think zombies were dead?

- Edit - Never mind. It seems that people attacked by the zombie are not instantly killed. Man I thought I had it…

-Edit2- And I don't care really on the blind voting thing. I didn't like it how Ozone attacked the people who voted to lynch him on the first game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
crocty at 7:46AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
Well, you guys, realised something a few minutes ago.
It seems there are two main suspects, with two different clues for each of them.
Product Placement with his food related advertisements,
And Blitz with his German thingies.

I realised one of the police captains' abilities is to ask whether or not a clue points to a certain person.
So basically, I can ask the captain to ask about whether or not one of these two clues is true. I'm leaning towards asking about Products, because I do think he's innocent.

But that's why I'm posting here, which do you townies think?
(The captain can only ask about a clue once a day cycle, I think, so that's why I'm wondering which one to ask about…)
Ozoneocean at 7:55AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Ask about PP then, since he's top of the voting list. That's pretty obvious man.
If he's innocent then he really, really NEEDS something like that to help him, because there's nothing in the clues that will.

For the second suspect I'm just way too unsure. All I know is that at this stage we only have one lynch so we should try for the obvious one. If you can get it checked out that'd be fantastic :)
We can think more about the LESS obvious one as we go.

-Edit-
If you and him are mafia though, then you could just lie… hmm…
OK, this is only going to be workable if I decide to trust you. I mean, three times mafia in a row is pretty unlikely…

Niccea
-Edit2- And I don't care really on the blind voting thing. I didn't like it how Ozone attacked the people who voted to lynch him on the first game.
Well it WAS another way for me to work out who the mafia were…You being one of the cheif conspirators if I recall lol!
No offence meant and bygones are bygones, but the mafia WAS after me then and the voting was not only a great way to show who, but also helped me lobby for my own life and get my mafia accuser Skool lynched instead ;)
Niccea at 7:59AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Niccea
Well it WAS another way for me to work out who the mafia were…You being one of the cheif conspirators if I recall lol!
No offence meant and bygones are bygones, but the mafia WAS after me then and the voting was not only a great way to show who, but also helped me lobby for my own life and get my mafia accuser Skool lynched instead ;)
^-^ None taken. It is also disadvantageous for the mafia. When we saw what regular townies voted for you, we decided not to kill them to keep your suspicions alive. So the masked voting helps and hinders both sides equally.

But this is not the place to be talking about this sort of stuff.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
harkovast at 8:03AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
I Still vote blitz, unless someone can show me a better alternative.

I think red baron can run the game anyway he wants, we have no room to complain. We all signed up for him to be in charge so its too late to kick up a stink about how he does it.

AND…..I'm not mafia!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
crocty at 8:11AM, March 22, 2009
(offline)
Mmmkay, I'll PQ our resident captain then. /o\
Ozoneocean at 8:20AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
harkovast
I Still vote blitz, unless someone can show me a better alternative.
What? All that makes people think it's Blitz is that Waff said the name of a German documentary film maker. NONE of the other clues point to him and that wasn't even a big one. You'd have to be an idiot to rely on that connection.
Whereas with PP the killer is Constantly loudly advertising not one but TWO products and I notice the cold snowing stuff- PP makes no secret he's icelandinc.
Man, it's too obvious lol!

BUT, I want to see what the police chief says about the killing and weather he has a connection to it. THEN we can know for sure.
-or not

harkovast
AND…..I'm not mafia!
Someone disagrees… We don't know who though.

Niccea
So the masked voting helps and hinders both sides equally.
I still think it might favour the mafia more…
odysseus55 at 8:30AM, March 22, 2009
(online)
Niccea
…PP posted up a picture of zombie…George Washington.

Ok Niccea has nailed this for me. Productplacement has killed Waff.

Killer of flapjack - you get away this time….

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon