MAFIA... and other forum games

The Offical Mafia 4 Game Thread: Mafia 4, Mafia Harder!
Hakoshen at 5:05AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
harkovast
If blitz is innocent, we'll kill PP the next day.
But… The police chief said I was innocent. Wouldn't it make allot of sense to look at the new evidence the come after the next murders before accusing me?
the2ndredbaron
Product Placement
One
Two
Three
Four
Oh, COME ON! He said I was innocent.
Hakoshen
I demand a defamatory comic about me given I presented the argument against you in the first place!
Sorry. Oz was the loudest voice so I focused on him. But you're absolutely right. You're a meany. :mad:

Well, since I do have cause to believe in the identity of the police chief for my own reasons, I… for now… will look the other way on my suspicions of you, PP.

While I personally find the evidence suggesting German words theory to be equally as questionable as my own theory, I suppose I'll have to reconsider my vote. Unless of course, the mayor wants to do a double lynch…
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Ozoneocean at 6:58AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
if you want to vote for someone else, vote for me.

I have no other way to protest the silliness directed against Blitz. I still see PP as the obvious party and now I suspect the whole police chief thing. I think someone is lying somewhere…

—————
All that said, maybe Blitz IS mafia? I don't know and at this stage I actually don't care too much because I don't think any clues point to him. If I thought they did then I wouldn't be doing this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
harkovast at 7:06AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Ozone if blitz is not the murderer, what the hell does the nazi film maker referance mean? I cant see how that could possibly point to anyone else!

I say we lynch blitz, if she proves innocent we can do a double lynch the next day to catch up!
If she is innocent PP is in deep trouble, if she is guilty, its not looking good for ozone….
lynch-tastic!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Niccea at 7:27AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
I thought Blitz was a guy?

Anywho. I can explain the filmmaker in relation to PP.

The films in that time were propaganda.

Propaganda is a form of advertising.

Product placement is a form of advertising.

Course you can go with the German lead, but I personally think that is as flimsy as equating Waff with Hitler.

You, Hark, were the more Hitler like one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
odysseus55 at 7:27AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
It's a RED HERRING Harkovast.

Oh wait - Herr is German for Mister - BY GOLLY that German connection is showing up all over the place. That must be the righ clue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 7:29AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
harkovast
If she is innocent PP is in deep trouble.
Why? Her being innocent doesn't automatically make me guilty. The police chief has already cleared me from the current crimes. I didn't do any murders last night.

If she's innocent then it's a darn shame. Just as much shame as lynching me because I'm also innocent. You'll end up slaughtering two townies, making the job easier for the mafia. Also, if both of us are innocent, then what the hell are those clues pointing at?

We seem to be transfixed on the waff killings which arguably point to blatant advertising and/or German stuff. What about those Hamlet clues from the Flapjack killing? Maybe we should redouble our efforts on finding out who's a suspect there. If we discover a link there, we should rather lynch him/her since we're so uncertain about the identity of the Waff killer. And Oz.. Don't you go arguing again that Hamlet happened in Denmark, Denmark used to own Iceland, ergo, I did it. :mad:

Niccea
more stuff about why PP did it.
Ugh! For crying out loud! Do I need to talk in caps lock? THE POLICE CHIEF HAS CLEARED ME FROM THE CRIME!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Ozoneocean at 7:33AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
As I've just told you in PQ, I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is- I don't think Blitz did it.
I don't know if Blitz is mafia… But I don't think Blitz killed.

The Refinstal thing is a red Herring that Barron just threw in and you're making a connection with that yourself and ignoring all other clues- especially the advertising stuff that gets mentioned over and over and the snowy cold stuff lol!

…I told you my reasoning though and I can't go into it here.
Niccea at 7:37AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Niccea
more stuff about why PP did it.
Ugh! For crying out loud! Do I need to talk in caps lock? THE POLICE CHIEF HAS CLEARED ME FROM THE CRIME!

Pardon me. But part of clue solving is going down all leads. Hark wanted to know how the Refinstal connected to you and I merely explained it.

You don't have to be so hissy about it.

You want me to manipulate it to point to someone else? Refinstal sounds almost like “ass” to me. (Don't ask) Ozone is a butt and therefore an ass. Refinstal = Ozone

Or how about this. ReFINstal. Fin is another word for end. The person who did it has a finished comic.

Or Refinstal sounds like Rasputin to me (really…don't ask…Ochi can tell you I can't pronounce words worth crap). So the person who did it is either a mystic or Russian. Or quite possibly the lost Anastasia. Though, how Red would know that one I have no clue.

But anyone can tell you those leads are crap. So it comes back down to you in Blitz. You are vindicated…for now. I don't know why you are worried about it. Blitz is “winning” anyway.
Product Placement at 8:00AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
*In a overly dramatic tone* Well… When it's my imaginary life in a hypothetical town that were talking about, I reserve the right to be hissy. Hmh!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:03AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Niccea
*In a overly dramatic tone* Well… When it's my imaginary life in a hypothetical town that were talking about, I reserve the right to be hissy. Hmh!
XD Love the new avatar…but…I can't remember is Red is taking clues from avatars or not…
Product Placement at 8:08AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
My alternative avatars only stick around for a day or two. Just imagine my lovable sellout still hanging there if you need to ponder about avatar relations to the clues.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
the2ndredbaron at 8:16AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
I do use avatars for clues.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Ozoneocean at 8:16AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Well I've heard nothing back from either of the people I asked about it, so I still think the Police Chief thing is where some lying is going on… And I don't know why and that worries me even more than the killings.
Product Placement
If we discover a link there, we should rather lynch him/her since we're so uncertain about the identity of the Waff killer. And Oz.. Don't you go arguing again that Hamlet happened in Denmark, Denmark used to own Iceland, ergo, I did it. :mad:
No, I wouldn't do that. That's what's been done to Blitz.

—————
As to Flapjack… I don't know. If Crocty really was Mafia, he wouldn't need an aid so he could just kill him off whenever he wanted… But that'd be insane. I know because that same accusation was made against me in the first game. ;)
I won't go into why it would be crazy again, it takes too long, but suffice to say it proves Cocty had nothing to do with that killing and if that's mafia then he isn't.

… I've forgotten all the clues about the Flapjack one, they weren't very clear…
If I remember there was the Yorrick thing from Hamlet and the “Undiscovered country” which was a ref to death in Hamlet, like I said before…
Hakoshen said something about a dead fool? … because Yorrik was dead in that play, and a fool.
But it also makes me think of Hamlet himself: an indecisive prince, the prototype emo-kid dressing all in black and always talking about how bad life is and how great it would be to kill the people he hates or kill himself, but never actually DOING it and pretending he's crazy and depressed all the time…

I'm really sorry Leaderofstars, but some of that does make me think a little bit of you.
Niccea at 8:26AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Anyone notice that death is a common tie in between the two clues?
Product Placement at 8:31AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
I'm really sorry Leaderofstars, but some of that does make me think a little bit of you.
In a traditional murder mystery. Leaderofstars would be the prime suspect for the waff killings since he threatened waff if he poked him again, who proceeded to continuing on poking him. However, that is a wrong murder since the clues from that case don't seem to point at him.

But basically as a reminder. The the Flapjack killings happened like this:
the2ndredbaron
FlapJack1995 was busy getting the office ready for the town’s new mayor. “I got to make sure everything is nice and neat for my new boss!” He said. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “Who could it be? It is so late.” As FlapJack1995 open the door a knife slide into him.
“Yorick.” Spoke the killer. “Tell them that I am coming.”
“But I don’t want to go to the undiscovered country!” Yelled FlapJack1995 before he collapsed on the floor.

FlapJack1995 the Mayor’s Aid is dead.

Now, my Hamlet is a bid rusty but was it ever known how Yorick died? Was he killed by someone and if so, by whom?

If we can find a conclusive link between this murder and a player, then we should focus on lynching him/her instead since blitz link is as flimsy(or more flimsy) then mine.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:39AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
He was just a random skull from my remembering.

Um…

“Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him well.”

Then it leads into to popular.

“To be or not to be, that is the question.”
Ozoneocean at 8:41AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
In a traditional murder mystery. Leaderofstars would be the prime suspect for the waff killings
Yeah, but I don't see him having ANYTHING at all to do with Waff, only you -_-

Product Placement
The the Flapjack killings happened like this:
the2ndredbaron
FlapJack1995 was busy getting the office ready for the town’s new mayor. “I got to make sure everything is nice and neat for my new boss!” He said. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. “Who could it be? It is so late.” As FlapJack1995 open the door a knife slide into him.
“But I don’t want to go to the undiscovered country!” Yelled FlapJack1995 before he collapsed on the floor.

FlapJack1995 the Mayor’s Aid is dead.

Now, my Hamlet is a bid rusty but was it ever known how Yorick died? Was he killed by someone and if so, by whom?

If we can find a conclusive link between this murder and a player, then we should focus on lynching him/her instead since blitz link is as flimsy(or more flimsy) then mine.
As far as I can remember, Yorrik's death isn't mentioned. It's just assumed he died of old age, since he'd been around since Hamlet was a little kid. (used to carry Hamlet on his back and play with him).
The knife thing makes me think of Hamlet himself though again, or other Shakespearian characters since dieing by being stabbed is one of the most comon deaths in his plays…
Product Placement at 9:13AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
He was just a random skull from my remembering.
Yeah.. That part I knew. I just never knew how he died.
ozoneocean
Yeah, but I don't see him having ANYTHING at all to do with Waff, only you -_-
You're taking me too literally. I'm not trying to pin the waff murder on stars. As I said, in a traditional murder mystery… I even refuted the claim in the same post.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
leaderofstars at 9:14AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean

he was killed by hamlet's uncle
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Product Placement at 9:21AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Claudius? Man that guy got around. So do you know why he did that?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
leaderofstars at 9:22AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Claudius? Man that guy got around. So do you know why he did that?
less contenders for the throne

power to the offspring
Ozoneocean at 9:27AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
leaderofstars
ozoneocean
he was killed by hamlet's uncle
No he wasn't. -_-
In the play the only person killed by Claudius was the old king Hamlet. And that was never explicit, it was just what Hamlet believed.
Product Placement at 9:27AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Why would Yorick be a contender for the throne? He's just a jester.

Wait.. Yorick was the Jester of King Hamlet. Yorick was killed before King hamlet by the same man who wanted the throne.

In comparison, Flapjack is Crocty's Yorick, which mean that the same killer intends to kill Crocty next. The killer must have ran against Crocty during the elections.

ozoneocean
No he wasn't. -_-
In the play the only person killed by Claudius was the old king Hamlet. And that was never explicit, it was just what Hamlet believed.
Hmm… Ok.. but man, that's a good comparison though.

Also, for that assumption to work, the killer may have known that Flapp was the Mayor's aid.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
leaderofstars at 9:31AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
*starts breathing fire*

power to the offspring
crocty at 9:36AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Hm…
So, someone who wanted to be mayor, but wasn't?…
:o
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Ozoneocean at 9:37AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Yeah, it's a bad comparison because Claudius didn't kill Yorick…
It's a flight of fancy.

Besides, I'm sure ALL the mafia would want to kill Crocty anyway. …and Claudius is a minor character in that play. We may as well start bringing up Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and how they're a pair of tool and how Hamlet ends up getting them both killed as well… In fact Hamlet really is the prime killer in that play.
crocty
Hm…
So, someone who wanted to be mayor, but wasn't?…
:o
lol! Ok, that's going from the moronic false reasoning of people's badly understood ideas of the play, but if you want to accuse me of any of the deaths go ahead, I have absolutely NO concerns on that matter :)

Should we line up ALL the mayor candidates?
Product Placement at 9:40AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
Even if Yorick was not killed by Claudius, we need to look at this part:
What does that mean?
ozoneocean
Ok, that's going from the moronic false reasoning of people's badly understood ideas of the play
:mad: Are you calling me a moron?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 9:40AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Yeah, it's a bad comparison because Claudius didn't kill Yorick…
It's a flight of fancy.

Besides, I'm sure ALL the mafia would want to kill Crocty anyway. …and Claudius is a minor character in that play. We may as well start bringing up Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and how they're a pair of tool and how Hamlet ends up getting them both killed as well… In fact Hamlet really is the prime killer in that play.
I prefer the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
Aghammer at 9:46AM, March 23, 2009
(offline)
Also, keep in mind that some of the “flavor” text for the killings that is added is just flavor and some of the text might be misleading. I know this was true in the last game and will assume it's true in this game. After the 2nd night we should see some more focused clues.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
leaderofstars at 9:48AM, March 23, 2009
(online)
lets avoid lynching people on the first day

power to the offspring

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon