Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Vivid Dream I had about a Shooting Rampage...
kyupol at 3:10PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
I also dreamt about getting shot.

It was like a post-apocalyptic scifi setting kinda thing.

Where small bands of rebels run around and fight these guys who wear black and can cloak and move fast like a starcraft ghost. It was pretty intense running around and shooting.

In the end I was cornered and captured. I was pinned to the ground and had a gun pointed to my ear. Then I woke up in the real world.

It was sick. I felt a slight pain in that right ear where the gun was pointed at in the dream.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Aurora Moon at 3:47PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
Ive had dreams of shooting people or even being blamed for crimes I didn't commit. I've also dreamt of other fucked up stuff too.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna do it.

And I also agree with kypol on that whole marriage thing. Save for the whole “anybody who gets marries is insane!!” thing.
I just don't think it's very economical. He says that the males get fucked over in relationships, but the women can get equally as screwed over. Especially if the man has more money in the relationship to get a better lawyer than the one the woman has.

let's see why it's a bad idea in terms of money:
1. wedding stuff. Wedding dresses and tuxedos both cost up to $6,000 total.
And a church wedding service, or even to just rent a nice public space outside costs a lot of money. not to mention buying the cake, the repection, and so on forth…
all of that can run up to $10,000 or higher. That's just for a CHEAP YET DECENT wedding. all for something that'll only happen once (unless you remarry or some shit). And that's the kind of money that could had gone toward a house.

2. Legal Mumbo. Sure you can get befients and such from the government for being married, but in the end it's not worth it. Especially when they start to cut you off in other areas that you previously had support in before. I've seen it before with some of my friends, and also associates at some of my jobs I had before. A single woman who had tons of support before in little things such as her job, social security, food stamps, etc. Well, they all start to slack off a little or even stop completely just because she got married to a man. Assuming that now that she's got a man to “take care of her”, such support isn't needed. They might not even meant to be so sexist unintentionally, but subconsciously a lot of people react in such a way. The only way that they would continue the support the woman had before as an single woman was if she was expecting children or had a lot of children.

3. Legal Mumbo, part two. As I said before… while it's true that the courts can be rather unfair to a man, a woman is equally screwed if the said ex-husband was “richer” and had a way much better lawyer than her. So what if he was truly a scumbag? With his superior lawyer, he'll seem like a total saint in front of the court and end up with everything that he didn't deserve, while the woman is left with minimum stuff.
And even if both lawyers were both equal, there's a very good chance that both parties could come away with considerable losses on both ends. not only financially, but also mentally and emotionally.

So when you look at it that way… getting married for all that, and losing over $100,000 worth of stuff (that's if you get that far enough in your life to gather that enough wealth), along with a chunk of your life….
It just seems so senseless.

To me, it would seem better to just live together, and pretend we're married. Yeah, I'm not really a beliver of “legal marriage”. Yes, the breakup might still be messy… but at least it'll cost less.
And this is coming from a girl who believes that she'll be with her one love forever. It just doesn't hurt to plan ahead even if you don't think there'll be actually a break-up. And you know something? My guy agrees with me.

Kypol's not so insane to me in that regards.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Lord Shplane at 4:23PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
Hahaha, he's right, Americans are all crazy lol!

You know it ;)

Everyone's crazy. From any country. Even Australia.

lolSteverIrwinlol?

kyupol
The solution to my problem lies in strength. And through God comes strength as well as through my own human effort.

Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa (In God is mercy, in people are action)

God- The magic pill that solves all your problems.

kyupol
Ok Ok. America is NOT religious.

Some polls show that around 50% of Americans believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. As shameful as it is, America is a religious country.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
Aurora Moon at 4:31PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
Lord Shplane
kyupol
Ok Ok. America is NOT religious.

Some polls show that around 50% of Americans believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. As shameful as it is, America is a religious country.

yeah. why else do you think gay marriage is so controversial right now in our country? it's like gay marriage was made legal only in like TWO states, and even then that didn't last long due to a lot of people whining and moaning about it.
And it also is the same reason why my whole life I've been running into plenty of people who was too excited about their own religion to the point of being one of those crazy people who's obsessed with the bible.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 4:46PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
Marriage is a religous ceremony, I'll give them that. But because of this I think it should be limited to only religous people. This way civil union will become mainstream and less people will feel left out.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:05AM
shaneronzio at 11:52AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)
Whenever You start to have inclinations of going on massive shooting sprees (usually around the time bills are past due, I imagine)
play a few rounds of GTA VICE CITY, or San Andreas.
also, DESTROY ALL HUMANS is a fun game.

sort of Demented, that one…major fun, though, especially after you unlock all of the AWESOME weapons!!!
and Cheat codes are a Must have.

from the Same Game makers …Pandemic…Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Battlefront 2.

my favorite part of that game is being able to Hunt Gungans.

I am also the Founder of the Gungan Hunters Group…
on Myspace…

http://groups.myspace.com/GunganHunters

JUST SAY NO TO GUNGANS

Now Honestly, I know better than to just start offing people with random weaponry.
that sort of thing…just Haint right.
Also, did you ever watch the Movie…

Heathers

that was a good one.

You know what I think.

I think these kids, THEY have questions about the world, and they get sad because the answers are not pleasant, so their parents can't be bothered and they take them to the Doctor they get put on Psychological suppressing medications from thier parents oversized medical plans…and they Snap…because, teenagers are supposed to be sad, and angry and overly happy and…emotional…because we are not ROBOTS and in todays society, they want us all to be little grey robots but, sometimes, the supressed emotions boil over and …BINGO!
KILLING SPREE!!!!
huh!? :( :nerd: :robo: :robo: :robo: >:) :gem: 8D :spin: :cry: :dizzy: :mad
Mean while…some politician is waiting in line to use these incidences to seize the nations guns.

We are all in a bad way if we lose our guns.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:32PM
Lord Shplane at 12:17PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
Atom Apple
Marriage is a religous ceremony, I'll give them that. But because of this I think it should be limited to only religous people. This way civil union will become mainstream and less people will feel left out.

The thing is, Marriage, being a religious ceremony, should not legally be regulated by the government at all. You know, all the stuff about not making religion-related laws?

So yeah, the government has no right to say who can or can't get married.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:42PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 1:46PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
But the religous people do. This is what I'm saying. It's a religous ceremony between a man and a woman, so you have to be:

A.)Religous

B.)A man and woman

But no, people who don't regularly participate in their religion get married all the time. If you're going to bend A, you're going to have to bend B.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:05AM
kyupol at 7:41PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)

A misconception.

To tell you the truth, the Christians who think that way are the ones who most likely leave the faith or become slackers.

Leave the faith - Omg I have a problem. I prayed to God with my tears and blood and God doesnt answer my prayers. Therefore God doesnt Exist!

Slackers - As long as I believe in Jesus I will be saved. I dont need to follow the 10 commandments. Nobody goes to hell anyway because God is all merciful.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
subcultured at 2:40PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
praying for something rather than doing an action that will get you to your goal can make you lazy.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
subcultured at 2:42PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
also i find it funny that religious zealots pray for bad things to happen to those that do not follow their way. as if some kind of universal balance has been boughten down to earth.

IMO that's a sin of pride.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
Custard Trout at 3:00PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
kyupol

A misconception.

To tell you the truth, the Christians who think that way are the ones who most likely leave the faith or become slackers.

Leave the faith - Omg I have a problem. I prayed to God with my tears and blood and God doesnt answer my prayers. Therefore God doesnt Exist!

Slackers - As long as I believe in Jesus I will be saved. I dont need to follow the 10 commandments. Nobody goes to hell anyway because God is all merciful.

Interestingly enough, pretty much the same thing happens to people who think anti depressants are supposed to solve all their problems for them, only instead they fuck their lives up.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Ozoneocean at 2:31PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I had a shooting dream a long time ago…
It was scary, but cooler than Kuypol's dream.
In that particular dream I was a minor member of a criminal gang… Really minor. I think I just did their taxes or something (WTF would I know about taxes anyway???). But one day in the dream I just knew my time was up and they were coming to get me. I don't know if it was really up or not but that's what I thought anyway.

So there were two guys at the front door in black suits, looking smart. I saw them through the spy hole. I ran into the kitchen and leapt over the counter to get my automatic from a drawer, checked that it was loaded and stuffed it into the back of my shorts. Then I went back to the door and opened it. The guys were happy to see me, all friendly and smiles…
I shot them both dead before they knew what was up. Then searched them and took their guns. I was scared as hell and felt horrible, but I thought it was either them or me and I mattered more.

So I jumped in my car, ready to go after the rest, one by one, to hunt them all down and kill them before they could kill me or realise I was even after them.

…I got to the boss's house and began…

I don't remember much more, it was a very dark, desperate dream, very Nior, like Subculture's comic of that name actually. I hated that feeling and situation of “Kill of be Killed”, but I was ready to go through with it.

I think that kind of dream is a manifestation of anxiety, a feeling that your problems are suffocating and overwhelming and that you need to fight back to get on top of things again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Emotional at 2:43PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I don't know if this has been mentioned but dreams are often influenced by things you see in your everyday life (sometimes you may not even know you saw them)

so that dream could be just images from a movie or off of TV.

After watching movies like Zero Day and Elephant I ended up having a similar dream to yours.

but along the same lines dreams can also be projections of your sub consciouses thoughts and feelings (things you may not realize you even felt at least outwardly)

Another questions, at any point in the dream did you become lucid? not necessarily awake to the fact that you were dreaming but just guiding you actions in the dream. Did you know what you were doing?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Ozoneocean at 3:02PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
The form my dream took was very likely taken from Pulp Fiction, Raw Deal, or a crappy Steven Segal film… But the look of it wasn't as important as the feelings and emotions. In that dream the adrenalin was HIGH and I was scared as hell, but 100% determined to get them before they could get me. Heh, I was aware that my life was in my own hands, that was all… Apart from my remorse about having to kill.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon