Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What happened to Top Drawer?
lba at 10:24PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(online)
Hippie Van
If you join, I swear I will google Citizen Kane and find out what the heck it is.

No offense meant, but this statement just made me want to slam my head into my keyboard until I break my laptop.

How does one not even recognize the name of the film that has been voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Arashi_san at 10:40PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(offline)
lba
Hippie Van
If you join, I swear I will google Citizen Kane and find out what the heck it is.

No offense meant, but this statement just made me want to slam my head into my keyboard until I break my laptop.

How does one not even recognize the name of the film that has been voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
>,>

um… yeah, you're crazy Hippie Van! You need to get out more.

<,<
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
Skullbie at 10:40PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(online)
lba
voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
I highly doubt that and would be sad if it was true with todays technology. For it's time it was pretty revolutionary, but the younger crowd views it as a slow paced black and white movie your media teacher plays for a week and has you fill out an entire packet about ‘DEEEEEP’ And "YELLOW JOURNALISM'.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Ozoneocean at 10:49PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(online)
…I've never seen it. -_-
One suspects that it's a quality, reasonably intellectual film that a majority of critics agree is the best simply because of its age and the fact that they've all seen it.
After all, to win at something for so long it has to be reasonably good, but it also has to be a “consensus” candidate. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
lba at 10:57PM, Oct. 2, 2008
(online)
Skullbie
lba
voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
I highly doubt that and would be sad if it was true with todays technology. For it's time it was pretty revolutionary, but the younger crowd views it as a slow paced black and white movie your media teacher plays for a week and has you fill out an entire packet about ‘DEEEEEP’ And "YELLOW JOURNALISM'.

I'm going off the AFI top 100 list that started in 1998. And while I agree that as far as most people are concerned it's not their favorite, that's what the AFI keeps voting it as. Mostly, I just find it hard to believe that given how much credit the movie gets and how often it gets talked about by “film buffs”, that she hasn't even heard the name or a reference to the name.

As far as I know, it gets it because of the intellectualism and the fact that comparing the technologies available, they did harder stuff with it for what they had than say Star Wars: episode I.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Ozoneocean at 12:22AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
The TD has nothing to do with Citizen Kane lol!

Well… towards the end there, with some of the smarter people we had in, it would sort of belong.
HippieVan at 7:00AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
lba: I live in a hole under a rock…lemme lone…the folks round these parts talk about the latest deal at Giant Tiger, not old revolutionary movies.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Croi Dhubh at 11:08AM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
I actually kind of miss Top Drawer. I never took anything in there SERIOUSLY and rare took things personally (it was obvious when it was supposed to be). Kind of reminded me of /b/ and Doing It Wrong, but in a good way
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 1:15PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie

By this measure, Beethoven sucks because he didn't have an Ipod.

Ozoneocean
…I've never seen it. -_-
One suspects that it's a quality, reasonably intellectual film that a majority of critics agree is the best simply because of its age and the fact that they've all seen it.
After all, to win at something for so long it has to be reasonably good, but it also has to be a “consensus” candidate.

I know what you mean. I've never eaten catfish, but I know it's a type of antelope.

:dizzy:
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Ozoneocean at 2:02PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
I know what you mean. I've never eaten catfish, but I know it's a type of antelope.
Hmm? I use logic, you respond with nonsense… It's fair enough if you don't possess much of a facility for that trait, but I wouldn't advertise that fact if I were you. ;)
Eirikr at 2:22PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
Rosebud….
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Skullbie at 2:29PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
Eirikr

Packet had an entire damn section about it.
Ironscarfs Ghost at 2:32PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
Ozoneocean
Hmm? I use logic, you respond with nonsense… It's fair enough if you don't possess much of a facility for that trait, but I wouldn't advertise that fact if I were you.

By gad sir, is it logic to present a film review based entirely upon ‘suspicion’?! My remarks may appear facetious, but each is a missile of serious intent with a nose cone of irony aimed squarely at it's intended target! i.e.:

I have not sampled X but I am well aware of it's Y flavouring (the irony being that it is actually Z flavoured).

Now you really have got me talking nonesense you eyeball rolling Antipodean trickster!

SPATULAS AT DAWN!
Er……..boo!
Skullbie at 2:34PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(online)
Ironscarfs Ghost
By gad sir, is it logic to present a film review based entirely upon ‘suspicion’?! My remarks may appear facetious, but each is a missile of serious intent with a nose cone of irony aimed squarely at it's intended target! i.e.:

I have not sampled X but I am well aware of it's Y flavouring (the irony being that it is actually Z flavoured).

Now you really have got me talking nonesense you eyeball rolling Antipodean trickster!

SPATULAS AT DAWN!

SO RANDOM DASU XD
Ironscarfs Ghost at 2:39PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
SO RANDOM DASU XD

Really?

Aahhhhhhhhhhh! I loves yer!

X
Er……..boo!
LoveandGuns at 9:59PM, Oct. 3, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
Ironscarfs Ghost

SPATULAS AT DAWN!

SO RANDOM DASU XD

lolsarcasm
K.A.L.A-dan! Ill Girl *coughs*
The Official Mother/Therapist of KALA-dan!

http://loveandguns90.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
Arashi_san at 2:27AM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)
LoveandGuns
Skullbie
Ironscarfs Ghost

SPATULAS AT DAWN!

SO RANDOM DASU XD

lolsarcasm

rorI<3you,Gunny.

So has this thread turned into a reenactment of why TD was wiped off of the face of the earth? We just need some obscure /b/ references and maybe some drama poop smelling the place up.

Otherwise, we have the attempt at ideological criticism and some witty jabs and remarks. Oh, there's some inadvertent digression leading into a snowball of seriousness and big words until the thread peters out.

I kind of miss the TD. :(
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 4:42AM, Oct. 4, 2008
(offline)
Arashi_san
So has this thread turned into a reenactment of why TD was wiped off of the face of the earth? We just need some obscure /b/ references and maybe some drama poop smelling the place up.

Otherwise, we have the attempt at ideological criticism and some witty jabs and remarks. Oh, there's some inadvertent digression leading into a snowball of seriousness and big words until the thread peters out.

I kind of miss the TD.

Kind of appropriate then, but isn't it like that at Top Drawer Gamma?!

You meed more washed up losers. I'll check my diary! :spin:
Er……..boo!
Skullbie at 7:30AM, Oct. 4, 2008
(online)
Arashi_san
rorI<3you,Gunny.

I kind of miss the TD. :(

DENTAL

PLAN
Ozoneocean at 8:49AM, Oct. 4, 2008
(online)
Yeah, ok, that's enough.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon