HA Stories

Stories & Storylines
Abt_Nihil at 5:57AM, Sept. 24, 2011
(offline)
I think Macattack's Canada is a special place when it comes to dealing with metahumans. I believe it would be interesting to explore the rest of the world's reaction to the “demise” of HU and the new HA team. HA would probably come into conflict with other superhero groups - people who had been part of HU and now form their own groups in different countries, or government-owned superhero groups, or the like.
Also, I wouldn't just think in groups, but also in team-ups. It could be fun have specific team-ups without having to think about another handful of characters at the same time.
last edited on Sept. 24, 2011 5:59AM
AzuJOD at 6:43PM, Sept. 24, 2011
(online)
I'm all for Brave and the Bold style team ups. I have a few ideas for a series of team ups between Azumorph and a few different heroes.
And if you're looking for heroes form another country, there's always the Oz-Stars. They're even government owned too, even while they were part of the HU.
Macattack at 8:59AM, Sept. 27, 2011
(offline)
OOOOO Here's one! A bit far fetched but would be kind of cool. What about a two issue story where issue one, the main characters get sucked into a portal and end up in this strange world where they find out it's actually the future. You can either do a futuristic metropolis or apocalyptic warzone because they failed at something (stormfront maybe?) and they have to figure a way back home while also saving the day.
Issue two would be what happened while the heroes were gone. The heroes Wes was talking about could try and keep the world safe while trying to figure out what happened to the other heroes.
Anyways, just another idea from the back of my crazy head.
Wes_Nero123 at 11:28PM, Sept. 27, 2011
(offline)
OOOOO Here's one! A bit far fetched but would be kind of cool. What about a two issue story where issue one, the main characters get sucked into a portal and end up in this strange world where they find out it's actually the future. You can either do a futuristic metropolis or apocalyptic warzone because they failed at something (stormfront maybe?)
OR what about the past? or even prehistory? A WWII team-up with Powerpartiot would be interesting to play with.
LuchaCoffee at 9:28AM, Sept. 29, 2011
(online)
Wes_Nero123 wrote:
OOOOO Here's one! A bit far fetched but would be kind of cool. What about a two issue story where issue one, the main characters get sucked into a portal and end up in this strange world where they find out it's actually the future. You can either do a futuristic metropolis or apocalyptic warzone because they failed at something (stormfront maybe?)
OR what about the past? or even prehistory? A WWII team-up with Powerpartiot would be interesting to play with.

The WWII things sounds good, and I wonder how Brad would react to see the hero he protrays in so many films XD, we could also have it that when they travel into the WWII era, their costumes change to that particular era, so we can have that good old silver age to Golden Age feel :)
I like my horror films like I love my burgers…Full of Cheese!!

last edited on Sept. 29, 2011 9:38AM
Macattack at 10:56AM, Sept. 29, 2011
(offline)
ooo… I can imagine the culture shock of that :D It would also be kind of cool if at some point Brad had to impersonate Power Patriot “To throw off the villain maybe?” I kind of want to see this done now just so I can see modern heroes in a golden age story =D
Abt_Nihil at 5:04AM, Sept. 30, 2011
(offline)
Macattack/Wes_Nero123/sux wrote:

The WWII things sounds good, and I wonder how Brad would react to see the hero he protrays in so many films XD, we could also have it that when they travel into the WWII era, their costumes change to that particular era, so we can have that good old silver age to Golden Age feel :)

Yes yes! I'd really like to see that ^_^
last edited on Sept. 30, 2011 6:12AM
Sebastian_Sandberg at 1:46PM, Oct. 7, 2011
(offline)
Canon or not, I've just stated what either SympleSymon or MrHades (I forget who it was) said on the matter in another topic, so Relik's not one of the eligible bachelors behind the curtain. XD
I'm willing to put in Virtus up for getting paired up. It's HARDLY the first time I've done so. XD But that only leaves us with two names in the ballot, Miss Conti and Mister Sanders.
IF, and I'm calling that a BIG if, we'd go for this, I think that Virtus would have to be older for that relationship to develop into something serious. Not in body, I mean, but more in the sense of him maturing and coming into his own as a hero outside of the team, and losing a little of his humility. It's hard to put a finger on what I mean, but I really think that he's looked upon as an introverted kid by the older members. If we were to run with it, I might leave seeds (figuratively speaking, get your mind out of the gutter!) of an attraction between the two (Hey, it was Abt that could imagine ANYTHING, I'm just running with it), but since we're dealing with a younger Virtus here, he probably wouldn't react with anything more than an invisible blush beneath that mask of his if a flirty remark was thrown his way. Nothing overly serious.
I'll state that any VirtusxTitans hints in HA #4 are probably one-sided. And Macattack, methinks it's a cute idea with Vora being crushed upon by someone to get her mind of her own crush on Shell. And some talks I've had with Tempest would indicate that Vora would be more of a cool little sister there, making it fun to see our two resident V-heroes interact like that.
- Okay, I didn't pick my words well enough. I also meant that we'd be putting the focus on characters that haven't had much storytime in HA.
- Political repercussions, especially after the end of the HU, are always worth checking into.
- Personal opinion on WWII Time Travel/PowerPatriot Team-Up story: Sounds like a good idea, expect for the costumes transforming into something more Golden Age-y, as that just doesn't make sense. Save the Golden Age costume designs for that “Alternate Universe Golden Age HA” story someone mentioned instead.
Abt_Nihil at 6:28AM, Oct. 8, 2011
(offline)
Sebastian_Sandberg wrote:
I'm willing to put in Virtus up for getting paired up. It's HARDLY the first time I've done so. XD But that only leaves us with two names in the ballot, Miss Conti and Mister Sanders.
I believe that's called shota XD
Frankly, I guess it boils down to what you'd call a “serious relationship”. I mean, I don't see them going out on dates or such.
last edited on Oct. 8, 2011 6:31AM
Sebastian_Sandberg at 10:39AM, Oct. 8, 2011
(offline)
Abt_Nihil wrote:
I believe that's called shota XD
Frankly, I guess it boils down to what you'd call a “serious relationship”. I mean, I don't see them going out on dates or such.
Yeah, I know my japanese slang. XD
We
seem to share the point of view there. I don't see Bombshell going out
on dates either, unless prompted by other team members, but the date would probably thankfully end in another typical superhero situation. If I'd take a
guess, she probably isn't that much into the idea of long-term
relationships either, marriage, and as evidenced by her comic, kids. A purely sexual one (or if you think that sounds like a crude term, recreational?)
in the style of the title character of Bones?
“How was your night with Bombshell?”
“Classified.”
Sebastian_Sandberg at 10:39AM, Oct. 8, 2011
(offline)
… I really hate the new quotes system.
Abt_Nihil at 11:18AM, Oct. 8, 2011
(offline)
Same here - the new quote system only works for me if I edit it directly in html.

Anyway.

Just to be clear on this, I can see Aria going on dates. I just can't see her going on dates with someone who's more than ten years younger :P I'm not sure if they could have… anything else. Is Virtus even legal? XD

I don't think she'd be opposed to long-term relationships per se, as long as it could be made to work, which would admittedly be difficult. She's just not fixated on it. Like the Woody Allen movie… Whatever works.
last edited on Oct. 8, 2011 11:19AM
LuchaCoffee at 10:14PM, Oct. 8, 2011
(online)
Sebastian_Sandberg wrote:
Abt_Nihil wrote:
in the style of the title character of Bones?
“How was your night with Bombshell?”
“Classified.”
Classic XD

LuchaCoffee at 11:23PM, Oct. 8, 2011
(online)
Wes_Nero123 wrote:
OOOOO
Here's one! A bit far fetched but would be kind of cool. What about a
two issue story where issue one, the main characters get sucked into a
portal and end up in this strange world where they find out it's
actually the future. You can either do a futuristic metropolis or
apocalyptic warzone because they failed at something (stormfront maybe?
)

I think I may have a general idea for this story that the brillant Wes has told us.
Plot idea1: Ha members ( undecided at this present time) get sent into what is essentially a timewormhole and they get sent into a war-torn town, due to some strange circumstance… their clothes match the time peroid, they meet up with Power Patriot and they help him to stop the evil machinations of a brillantly insane Scientist by the name of Count Elias Von Dietfried aka The Crimson Count, who by employing technology not from his time… creates an army of “Steel Golems” who will wipe off the Allied forces, can HA complete this task without damaging the fragile timeline…?
Plot Idea 2: Its mostly the same but instead of a random wormhole, its more of a mysterious time being who asks them to keep the timeline safe and that only they can do so, perhaps if Titan is with the group, she can discuss how the time being feels about her changing the timeline and how it endures knowing that horrible things will be done in this time and they cannot do anything to stop that great tragedy

Wes_Nero123 at 1:39AM, Oct. 9, 2011
(offline)
Heroes Alliance:Allies
-Story with the majority of the main team somehow being whisked away to WWII era Poland where Powerpatiot (and his sidekick) are trying to save a village from being occupied by Nazis and a valuable Polish scientist who lives in the village.

EDIT: Just read sux's post, totally down to mix ideas for this story

WhileAlliesis happening….
Heroes Alliance:Renegades
-The main team is gone and secondary members are wandering around the base trying to find clues as to why they've dissapeard when they pull up files and see that they are listed as secondary members. Them being annoyed/insulted at this fact defect and form their own hero team and try to make a name for themselves. (I have an ending to this one I don't want to spoil until/if I start drafting a script)
last edited on Oct. 9, 2011 1:41AM
AzuJOD at 11:34PM, Oct. 12, 2011
(online)
If this story is going to involve WWII era Poland and “Steel Golems”, then it should feature my character Syd the Iron Golem, who is a metal golem made in Poland during WWII. And the valuable Polish scientist could be the guy who created him (and Jacob Lieber's father).

Also, if you want the characters in period clothes, you could make it a reality warping magic spell that sends them back in time.
Macattack at 8:22AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
there really could be a lot of cameos in WWII… I know in Wireless, WWII is supposed to be when Canada was actually full of super heroes and when MAPLE was first created
LuchaCoffee at 9:03AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
Macattack wrote:
there really could be a lot of cameos in WWII… I know in Wireless, WWII is supposed to be when Canada was actually full of super heroes and when MAPLE was first created

That sounds pretty good to me, and AzuJods idea works as well too…this will be a pretty epic story, I wonder if everyone has started thinking about what designs their heroes would have in that era? I know I have XD

Abt_Nihil at 10:36AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
I really like all of these ideas! Of course, costume changes are mandatory. :P
Macattack at 11:55AM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
If we can, there's one Golden Age hero I have that I made up for a history lesson I never got to in Wireless called Captain Maple! He's your classic build, blonde hair swept, can fly and has super strength, White suit with Maple red gloves, boots, and cape, and a big Canadian Maple Leaf on his chest. And if that's not enough, His super power is to project maple leaf shaped energy beams of different sizes that he can use to knock down enemies and use as shields…. If you can use him for this I'm totally allowing it :P
Wes_Nero123 at 1:20PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(offline)
If this story is going to involve WWII era Poland and “Steel Golems”, then it should feature my characterSyd the Iron Golem, who is a metal golem made in Poland during WWII. And the valuable Polish scientist could be the guy who created him (and Jacob Lieber's father).
Also, if you want the characters in period clothes, you could make it a reality warping magic spell that sends them back in time.
Yeah was thinking Powerpatriot would save a Gipsy woman during a battle and in return she used magic to bring him re-inforcements.Your scientist and Golem characters sound great!

As for costume changes, I think it should be a mix of Superhero costume and period clothing.
shastab24 at 6:50PM, Oct. 13, 2011
(online)
Even though they would likely never make it into the story, I would love to also think of some Golden Age designs for my characters. Actually, I can't see Astral changing much, except his physical form would likely wear a hat (as all men did back then). Sparkle, meanwhile, would likely have on a full dress in order to cover her middriff. Plus, I do have the character I created for the round robin story, but the nature of that one means that I won't reveal the character until I start the round robin story (but I hope it's a character everybody likes).

But that makes me want to also think of how my characters would have been in the Interrogenum, the Silver Age and the Dark Age (the last is fun to go all-out imitating Liefeld, and contrary to the way I like to design characters).

But a Golden Age story should still be written like the Modern Age, even if its plot is Golden Age, because that era hadn't yet grasped “show, don't tell” or, for that matter, sequential storytelling as a whole (though the art could be quite good, and it would be interesting to see if people would be willing to try a Golden Age-like style for such a story).
LuchaCoffee at 11:57AM, Oct. 14, 2011
(online)
shastab24 wrote:
Even though they would likely never make it into the story, I would love to also think of some Golden Age designs for my characters. Actually, I can't see Astral changing much, except his physical form would likely wear a hat (as all men did back then). Sparkle, meanwhile, would likely have on a full dress in order to cover her middriff. Plus, I do have the character I created for the round robin story, but the nature of that one means that I won't reveal the character until I start the round robin story (but I hope it's a character everybody likes).

But that makes me want to also think of how my characters would have been in the Interrogenum, the Silver Age and the Dark Age (the last is fun to go all-out imitating Liefeld, and contrary to the way I like to design characters).

But a Golden Age story should still be written like the Modern Age, even if its plot is Golden Age, because that era hadn't yet grasped “show, don't tell” or, for that matter, sequential storytelling as a whole (though the art could be quite good, and it would be interesting to see if people would be willing to try a Golden Age-like style for such a story).
I am sure there are people out there who would love to do a story like this :D

LuchaCoffee at 3:56AM, Oct. 15, 2011
(online)
Since we were discussing this style of story, I couldn't pass up something that sounded so cool, so behold a Golden Age/ Pulp Peligroso!!!

Abt_Nihil at 3:31PM, Oct. 15, 2011
(offline)
shastab24 wrote:
I agree. There should probably be some nods to Golden Age styles and storytelling, but all in all, it shouldn't really read like a Golden Age story. Here on dd, Accolade Graphics, darrellsan and Legend Comics have all done a great job at capturing Golden or Silver Age styles at some time or another. So I think it would be great if we could get them to contribute some artwork.

The premise sounds somewhat like what Ed Brubaker has done in his recent Captain America books. He and the artists have done a great job at retelling the classic WWII stories with a modern sensibility. Although it's probably more serious and gritty than what we're aiming for with this story.

Very cool Peligroso incarnation, by the way ^_^
last edited on Oct. 15, 2011 3:32PM
Koikoi at 8:09AM, Oct. 19, 2011
(online)
I am really all for the Golden Age WWII idea, but I feel that t needs a twist.
I have a character who lives during the time of WWII. He is a bouble agent. He seemingly works as a Nazi but in reality he is actually working for the alies.
It could be that the doctor Power Patriot is protecting is also a bouble agent and actually works for the Nazis. The Power Patriot doesn't know anything about this. My character could try to assasinate him because he's creating a golem army for the Nazis.The heros from HA could think that he is the bad guy, but its obviously the oposite, and try to stop him.
Maybe the doctor reaches his goal and then the HA heroes and my character stop him . . . .
Hero at 9:48AM, Oct. 20, 2011
(online)

I like the concept. I think it has a lot of potential.
So, what we have, from what I understand, is Power Patriot and Captain Maple making a daring escape/rescue attempt of Dr. Leiber and his Iron Golem Syd from the castle fortress of Count Elias Deitfred, the Crimson Count. The ragtag group discuss the research Count had Leiber do there on an army of metal golems using strange and foreign techniquest accurately presumed years ahead of their time. Power Patriot hears a call for help and rushes off. It's a young gypsy woman being assaulted by Nazi soldiers. Patriot does the action thing and saves her. She in return offers him a wish/favor/gift. He makes an offhand remark about needing backup to take on the Golems. She does so in getting Heroes Alliance from the future, possibly revealing herself to be a magically extratemporal being who Deitfred was previously using to steal technology from the future.
And Koikoi, would you object if your character was a double agent in the count's castle acting as a gaurd or assistand until the HA's attack gives him enough cover/distraction to take out the count?

Also:

I don't think his hair made it past the 60's but it's a start.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on Oct. 20, 2011 9:59AM
Koikoi at 7:25AM, Oct. 22, 2011
(online)
@hero
I wouldn't mind at all
Koikoi at 10:05AM, Nov. 1, 2011
(online)
Sorry for the double post, but anyway . . .
I have a couple of questions (I hope I'm not bugging or offending anyone in any state or manner):
= Who will make the golems?
= If the story is going to have a twist that the dr. is actually working for the count and having being imprisoned there being a excuse to make him look good, then will he make the golems?
He could create them through Alchemy, which is practically science.
=Since the count is already stealing technology from the future, maybe instead of goems, it could be robots? Then again you can theorethically make golems from a mixture of science and magic, that's why I recomended Alchemy because it can range from using modern science equipment to drawing circle on the ground using organic material.
LuchaCoffee at 11:35AM, Nov. 1, 2011
(online)
Koikoi wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but anyway . . .
I have a couple of questions (I hope I'm not bugging or offending anyone in any state or manner):
= Who will make the golems?
= If the story is going to have a twist that the dr. is actually working for the count and having being imprisoned there being a excuse to make him look good, then will he make the golems?
He could create them through Alchemy, which is practically science.
=Since the count is already stealing technology from the future, maybe instead of goems, it could be robots? Then again you can theorethically make golems from a mixture of science and magic, that's why I recomended Alchemy because it can range from using modern science equipment to drawing circle on the ground using organic material.
Golems are essentially robots anyway :P
But I like the idea of Alchemy based technology, it would work since Nazi's were trying to incorporate some mystical elements to themselves though highly exaggerated in Wolfenstein and such. Maybe for the twist, the doctor thought he was making the golems for political reasons, perhaps by doing this, he saves the lives of himself or of his family and friends, wouldn't you try to save the people you care about if madman were going to kill them simply cause they exist and the only way for them to be set freed was to build bombs?
I did up a picture of The Crimson Count, course this form can be tooled around or anything :P

last edited on Nov. 3, 2011 8:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon