Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Hope you creeps were good this year...
PIT_FACE at 7:12PM, Dec. 24, 2013
(online)
…Cuz Santa's comin and he's PISSED! SHIT LOOK OUT!!!
Merry Christmas, guys.

Faliat at 9:19AM, Dec. 26, 2013
(offline)
Merry Winter Solstace Present Giving Day to you, too!
I got a desk! I've been wanting one for ages now so I'm overjoyed.
Seriously. No sarchasm there. My parents threw away my old one and said I didn't need a new one until I started pestering them about it. So I guess they had a word with Santa and now I can use my light box, tablet and scanner again (Once I've cleared space for it).
Joy of joys!

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on Dec. 26, 2013 9:21AM
bravo1102 at 12:22PM, Dec. 26, 2013
(offline)
PIT_FACE wrote:
…Cuz Santa's comin and he's PISSED! SHIT LOOK OUT!!!
Merry Christmas, guys.
Maybe that's why all I got for Christmas was a pair of slippers.
PIT_FACE at 3:17PM, Dec. 26, 2013
(online)
Bravo- I thought that was more cuz yer old.
Faliat- See? good things come to those pester.

Faliat at 8:34PM, Dec. 26, 2013
(offline)
Nowhere near as fun as badgering, though.
It's a good laugh watching people run from angry badgers…
“Did you get me what I wanted yet?”
“No.
”Release teh badgers!!!"

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on Dec. 26, 2013 8:36PM
bravo1102 at 10:33PM, Dec. 26, 2013
(offline)
PIT_FACE wrote:
Bravo- I thought that was more cuz yer old.
But not even a new pair of socks? At least all that coal came in handy 'cause the weather turned cold again.
Ozoneocean at 8:12AM, Dec. 27, 2013
(online)
Bravo plays up that old stauff, but he's only in his late 40s! A mere boy!!! :D

I got mainly food, because I love christmas food above all else and that's a really hard present to get wrong!
My dad still did though… He got me gourmet condiments. Truffle oil, for example… which I put next to the bottle of truffle oil from LAST year.
Basicaly gourmet condiments intended to enhance the sort of food that I would never eat anyway.
Except the mustard. The mustard is great. He's given me that one before
too, exactly the same metle bucket type thing with the jar inside. It's
good stuff.
It's not that I'm ungrateful, just really, really bemused… Food = gourmet condiments…?

One of my non-food pressies was a nice little aluminum stand for my laptop. Love it. :)
Ozoneocean at 8:27AM, Dec. 27, 2013
(online)
Maybe I'll get a craving for that jar of anchovies, I could find myself wanting to experiment with American style BBQ ribs and realy need that “Rib Dipp'n Sauce”, maybe I will turn to loose leaf tea and teapots and use some of the stockpile, or I'll get into salads and really need that truffle oil or the extra virgin special amazing first pressing olive oil, etc.
The prunes were nice though. Not something I'd normally buy for myself but a decent snack :)

My mum got my many packets of raisins flavoured like black currents. That's another WTF present. I like black currents and I like raisins, but raisans with fake black current flavour are a bit icky. Why flavour them? It's like eating oranges flavoured like bananas. Novelty?

I am probably coming off as an ungrateful dick. Which means I probably am one ^_^
HippieVan at 1:50PM, Dec. 27, 2013
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
I am probably coming off as an ungrateful dick. Which means I probably am one ^_^
That's okay, I'm an ungrateful dick about Christmas too. I'm always super happy in the morning when we're opening presents, and then at some point in the evening I'll storm out of my room like “HOW DID NO ONE GET ME NIGHT BEAT.” And then I feel guilty and try to appear extra grateful for all my gifts.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
PIT_FACE at 6:13PM, Dec. 27, 2013
(online)
Savages.

kawaiidaigakusei at 6:39PM, Dec. 27, 2013
(online)
Merry Christmas!

Slippers are great.
The best part of getting older is that everyone else is getting older, too, at the same pace.

Truffle oil- this condiment was all the rage a few years back, and it felt like restaurants were putting it on everything. Tater tots, popcorn, baked mac and cheese and ramen to name a few. After a while it just overpowers all the subtle tastes and overcomplicates the flavor. It is very expensive and a rather nice present.

Pretty much all my presents this year fit in my stocking–an iTunes gift card to download cool new apps and a generous check. The best part about this season was that we had a real tree.

It is now Boxing Week here and the sales are amazing! I was out all day digging out good sales. I picked up a new outfit, a 30-60-90 triangle, and a STAEDTLER Mars Plastic eraser for drawing. Best of all, I acquired two pairs of the mustard colored ballet flats that I had been dreaming about earlier.

Now my monochromatic yellow + greyscale outfits will be complete!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Banes at 7:56PM, Jan. 20, 2014
(offline)
I had a great Christmas…just had to come here, belatedly, because the subject line made me laugh! “Hope you creeps were good this year” is surely a quote I'm gonna use as often as possible from now on!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon