Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Military veterans doing webcomics? (and active members of the military)
Ozoneocean at 10:59AM, Dec. 14, 2019
(online)
I was thinking about this just now…
We have had a lot of veterans doing comics on DD as well as active members of the military- mainly from the USA because that is where most DDers are from and it's a country with a giant military.

I thought it'd just be interesting to talk about the comics of these people and spotlight them.

JT SHea and MadScott, two old time DDres and the founders of Nightgig were nave veterans, mainly serving on aircraft carriers.
Ronald Bender who does Magical Misfits is a navy veteran who served on submarines and then spent many years as a coast guard officer I think.
Jillyfoo who created the very popular Demon eater comic is active military, serving in the US Navy.
Brao1102, a great guy and popular DDer is a veteran tanker from the US army.
Lba, a DDer of note is an army veteran and a serving officer in the National Guard and gets sent all over the world on deployments.
Notlikleytocare was a member of DD a while ago who's since disappeared, he served in the US army in Iraq, I think he was a scout.
AngryPenguin is another DDer who disappeared. He served in the US army in Iraq driving tanks. He was seriously wounded there and discharged I believe.

There are many, many more that I can barley recall, lots of US airforce people…
Ironscarf at 1:29PM, Dec. 14, 2019
(offline)
The guy who ran Top Drawer Gamma was an active military man - SeventyTwo? Seventy Six?

And there was Komrade Dave of course.
Ozoneocean at 6:35PM, Dec. 14, 2019
(online)
Yes! SeventyTwo was in the airforce. And Keep Meade Dave! True!
bravo1102 at 2:37AM, Dec. 15, 2019
(offline)
Plymayer who does the adult anthology Xup is a retired Navy submariner.
BearinOz at 10:23PM, Dec. 16, 2019
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Plymayer who does the adult anthology Xup is a retired Navy submariner.
Yes ! A heads up for my most consistent and long-lived comments guy ! B-)
plymayer at 9:08PM, Dec. 20, 2019
(online)
Was in the United States navy for just over 20 years and retired.

Served on submarines, destroyers, an aircraft carrier and two British ships. Stationed overseas in England and Japan.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon