Comic Talk and General Discussion *

About my blogging stuff
Andreas_Helixfinger at 12:00AM, July 31, 2023
(offline)
Hi there

Just like to share my thought process on my sunday blogposts on this site. I figure that maybe some people seeing these blogposts might think, or have thought, to themselves “has the guy given up on talking about real subjects?”. And the truth is, well, I don't feel comfortable sharing my every thought on every thing out there all that much these days.

I know that is what you're kind of expected to do on the internet, but the last subject matter blogposts I made (what was it last year, ugh, that's a long time ago) making statements about things I almost immidiately each time felt like changing my mind on it thinking “wait, do I really think that way?”.

I felt like I was too indicisive of a person on what I think and stand on about most things, so it felt like it would ultimately just be a series of headaches to continue to make that kind of posts, even if those posts could be intellectually stimulating at times. Also I've lost my hunger for doing research on things to post about.

Which is why I decided to just stick to posting on things that I do instead. Hence the boring poems you been seeing me post for quite some time now every sunday, as well as this new seriers of blogs I'm posting about a DIY pseudo-boardgame of mine that I'm trying to generate little sports oriented fics from.

Honestly, I have considered twice now wether maybe I should lay off the blogging and just leave it to the next person willing to step up. I guess I could go on with this little thing I got going on sundays right now, but I wouldn't mind just keeping it as a private sideproject that I could do anytime I like.

Your thoughts, what do you think of what I've just ranted on about here.
last edited on July 31, 2023 12:03AM
bravo1102 at 2:42AM, July 31, 2023
(offline)
I think you should bring this up to the folks who roped you into this gig again. And considering that I suggested you when they wanted me to do a weekly newspost they might ask me again and I'm not sure if I can refuse again.
Don't let me down and keep doing the marvelous job you're doing. The poetry is actually a nice wrap up for the week.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 3:08AM, July 31, 2023
(offline)
I see:) In that case I will keep on bloggin'๐Ÿ‘ Like I said, I was considering, not deciding. Really I just wanted to hear somebody tell me what they think about it. And now that somebody have, I'm satisfied^^
Ozoneocean at 6:56PM, July 31, 2023
(online)
Yeah, the poems are a good regular thing and a wrapup, like Bravo says. I'd keep doing them and not the game stuff so much I think, but it's up to you, both work out. It's the Sunday section so a bit of weirdness and contemplative stuff is ok ^_^
InkyMoondrop at 7:08PM, July 31, 2023
(offline)
I'm not sure this is the right audience for either your poetry or the latest post you've made if you're looking for proper feedback. I'm not against either, it's definitely part of the helixperience and a very unique way to blog, for members of the community to get to know you better, so whether you get enough out of it or not is the real question. If not, maybe it's not you, it's just a different type of audience. If yes, go ahead and enjoy it. I would generally welcome more posts that are inviting people to not only answer questions on a topic, but perhaps try to experiment with perspective, create a panel or page around a theme, see how our community would creatively approach subjects, problems, solutions. But that's not “your share” to do. Still, if you feel like something is missing, it doesn't hurt to spice up your own blogging experience now and then with things you might want to write about.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:55PM, July 31, 2023
(offline)
Good points. I'll take it all in consideration and we'll see what I can come up with next๐Ÿ‘

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon