Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD hitlist
Othosmops at 5:03AM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
I'm just a clueless member of the DD community, but if I extrapolate from my comic's hits to those of the entire community, we should be at an all-time high - or at least enjoying more popularity online than we have in a long time.
So I'm even more pleased that the DD Contest is also one of the first. Well done, team! 🥂
lothar at 6:39AM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
You're in the top ten, congrats
Banes at 9:25AM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Hey, you ARE in the Top Ten! That's awesome! Kudos!

Othosmops at 2:08PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
You're in the top ten, congrats

Banes wrote:
Hey, you ARE in the Top Ten! That's awesome! Kudos!

Thanks, but this will change soon, as soon as the advertising banner disappears.
This ad-sponsored pushing at least provided some enlightening discoveries regarding the presumed visitor or hit frequency at DD as a whole.

My analysis looks like this: DD is benefiting from the increasingly restrictive behavior of other comic platforms towards their creators who have since moved here, e.g. our Adult award winner HAT. But this was still nothing compared to Familiar. That comic drew a huge fan base over to DD (which apparently likes to check out sexy banner ads). With BMTH (= Birdmentime's Hero), this caused the novella to suddenly get 20 times more hits than normal. On Saturday - always DD's slack day so far - BMTH had an astronomical number of hits, and yet it was only fourth or fifth in the overall ranking.
I don't even want to know what hit numbers Familiar achieves, but when I add it all up, DD's hit statistics should be at peak proportions right now.
J_Scarbrough at 2:36PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
I am . . . curiously confused about what the actual nature of this thread is supposed to be.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Niccea at 2:54PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Othosmops is making a hitlist of the top ten on the homepage so BMTH can take the number 1 spot. Unfortunately, as the awards MC, I'm in the crosshairs.
last edited on Oct. 9, 2023 2:56PM
J_Scarbrough at 3:03PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Guess it's a good thing I've never made it into the top 10 since I've been here, although I must confess to possessing a morbid fascination in getting to see me in Quail's Random at least once, lol.

Joseph Scarbrough
Othosmops at 3:51PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Niccea wrote:
Othosmops is making a hitlist of the top ten on the homepage so BMTH can take the number 1 spot. Unfortunately, as the awards MC, I'm in the crosshairs.

LOL, what?
No, absolutely not. It's about some strange dynamics of reader behavior on DD on the one hand and about the in-all-popularity of the DD platform.
And what I want to express above all is: congratulations, ducky, your comic platform is booming like in the old days, or maybe like never before.

From that, I wonder to what extent the individual comics benefit from this boom. I guess the DD Awards page, which is also pretty high up on the charts, gets a lot of hits and may give the winners a special vitamin boost.
But heck, I don't know. The only thing that is clear to me is the overwhelming correlation between the ads and the hits. That's why I can only advise (again) everyone who wants to support the duck financially to do it through the ads.

last edited on Oct. 9, 2023 3:52PM
J_Scarbrough at 5:14PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
I still say part of the problem is there is no actual notification system in place to let us know whenever comics we're following or subscribed to are updated, and the only way we know if a comic has been updated is if it happens to appear in the Latest Updates section, or if we manually check our favorites list.

But otherwise, yeah, the biggest spike in hits I ever had was when I was featured on the homepage, which was nice.

Joseph Scarbrough
Niccea at 5:41PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Othosmops wrote:
Niccea wrote:

LOL, what?
No, absolutely not. It's about some strange dynamics of reader behavior on DD on the one hand and about the in-all-popularity of the DD platform.
And what I want to express above all is: congratulations, ducky, your comic platform is booming like in the old days, or maybe like never before.

From that, I wonder to what extent the individual comics benefit from this boom. I guess the DD Awards page, which is also pretty high up on the charts, gets a lot of hits and may give the winners a special vitamin boost.
But heck, I don't know. The only thing that is clear to me is the overwhelming correlation between the ads and the hits. That's why I can only advise (again) everyone who wants to support the duck financially to do it through the ads.

Sorry I was just having a joke. Awards are getting 500 to 2k hits a day. Which is mostly surprising because I've been slacking on getting announcements made.
Othosmops at 11:40PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
I still say part of the problem is there is no actual notification system in place to let us know whenever comics we're following or subscribed to are updated, and the only way we know if a comic has been updated is if it happens to appear in the Latest Updates section, or if we manually check our favorites list.

But otherwise, yeah, the biggest spike in hits I ever had was when I was featured on the homepage, which was nice.

I am getting timely update notifications using the RSS feed function.
Othosmops at 11:47PM, Oct. 9, 2023
(offline)
Sorry I was just having a joke. Awards are getting 500 to 2k hits a day. Which is mostly surprising because I've been slacking on getting announcements made.

That means, the DD awards are not just fun but also useful to promote the winners.
bravo1102 at 12:40AM, Oct. 10, 2023
(offline)
Even I got a slight bounce from the win.

As for being in the top ten? All glory is fleeting. To me it doesn't matter if the comic get into it, it matters if the comic manages to maintain the momentum. And no putting up multiple pages a day to increase page views? Doesn't seem fair.
But then for my comic twice nothing is still nothing. 🤣

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon