Comic Talk and General Discussion *

High School
MagickLorelai at 3:47PM, June 5, 2007
(offline)
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time of it. One of the things is, it's not a crime to dress any certain way, but people are going to react to certain things as a trigger or a key to something else. For example, for me, the Pentacle means something very positive, divine, and beautiful. To others, they see an evil, satanic symbol. If someone tells me they're uncomfortable with it, I'll tuck my pentacle in my shirt, so long as they're being respectful about it.

My high school experiences were…weird. I'd already been ostracized long before, so by that point I was bitter with social contact. I felt either pitied or simply despised a lot, so no one even had to do something to make me feel bad. ^_^ Of course, my last year there was much better, when I started to make peace with myself. High school is a high-pressure environment, where the people who are supposed to be paid aren't getting nearly enough money, and students aren't getting any motivation to get good grades except “It's really bad if you don't”. Meh, I don't wanna get into that.

Basically, try to tough it out, forgive people if they're immature, give people credit for trying, and accept that no one else can tell you who you are. :)

And for the record? College= MUCH better. The social environment is absolutely different, with only a few exceptions. Best of luck. ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Kohdok at 4:20PM, June 5, 2007
(online)
I was in one of those schools for “Bright people who learn differently”. Half of the student body made up the people who really did not get along well in regular school, and the other half was a bunch of rich kids who were too lazy to do school work. I'm dead serious. Being one of the only private schools in the area that wasn't religious nor gender specific, we ended up with a lot of rich folks.

I typically hung out with the first group I mentioned, as I fell into their category. For the most part, I got along fairly well. Sure, I got ostracized sometimes, but it vanished after a while, with the exception of some of those freakin' rich people. Some were extremely immature, and those were the ones who got on my nerves.

As for the group I hung out with, during my senior I was so oblivious that it took me until the second semester to realize that the people I hung out with most were at least 75% female, so I literally perked up one day and said “You know what? I just realized most of you are girls…”

There were a few upsides for having rich people among us, too: Our senior pranks were the absolute BEST! We'd basically excessively decorate all of the rooms that didn't contain expensive equipment with their own themes and it would often take a long time for classes to begin again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
suzi at 9:50PM, June 5, 2007
(online)
I finished high school last week, my graduation ceremony is tomorrow :D

I have to say I loved it. My combination of apathy, thirst for knowledge, intuition and empathy allowed me to find the perfect social niche and maintain an impressive academic career.

I was homeschooled my entire life until 9th grade. I was so overwhelmed by school and everything about it, but managed to get a 4.0 gpa for the first two years. I wore myself out, I worked so intensely. I also made friends with the nucleus of the same social group I'm in now: dedicated, quirky, intellectual, geeky kids who have no interest in breaking rules for the sake of breaking rules like so many others.

I think the best thing about how high school turned out socially for me is that, in a school ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED by super-rich overly competitive white preppies (there was a book written about how insane MY HIGH SCHOOL IN PARTICULAR is), I managed to completely ignore them. In freshman year, a bunch of girls tried to intimidate me into recognizing their social hierarchy, but I ignored them, smiling cordially and turning away whenever they jeered at me.

I had a boyfriend for two years who was wonderful while it lasted and kept me together mentally. Eventually we realized we were too different, and broke up; after that, I went for a 7-8 month period of falling in love with various close friends of mine until last September. Since then I've had two boyfriends (Alex and Kit, for those who read my comic), both wonderful, wonderful unique boys who follow their own path without regard for whatever is considered mainstream or not. To me, rebellion is simply ignoring the patterns and expectations of social norms, not denying them.

God…I really, really loved high school. I'm almost sad it's over…(but the work was annoying this year. Even though I had wonderful classes and wonderful teachers and did so well…)

*nostalgic sigh*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 9:53PM, June 5, 2007
(offline)
I'm a Freshman now. I hope my stories rule.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:03AM
AQua_ng at 9:19AM, June 6, 2007
(offline)
Is it wrong for me to not experience teenage angst?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
TheTopHat at 9:41AM, June 6, 2007
(offline)
i quite high school.

…thinking about it im a dropout, how the hell am i in uni?
*mind expolds*

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Mr Chappers at 2:02PM, June 6, 2007
(online)
I left high school a good two years ago, and well i did not like it much. I was a nerd, so there where always the ones who would pick on me, some of them where my close friends a year before it all happened.
I hung out with nerds, geeks, skaters in general the rest of the rejects if it will. It would get to the points where there where times i did contemplate just dropping out of high school. It was really bad.
Was picked on because frankly i was smart, blond, well spoken and enjoyed video games.
I counted down the days to the end, looking forward to college so much.

Im gladly there now, i just finished my first course to find that everyone there was fantastic, there where no bad people on there at all, we all just got on.
As the course went on got to find out that the ‘popular’ kids have failed in what they wanted to do and are not liked in general. It was wrong of me to think like this but i was happy they failed.
Just about to start the national diploma in pastry and cake crafts. Got a great job with chances of moving on to a 5 star hotel(so im sorted when it comes to jobs), a fantastic girlfriend. A really fantastic girlfriend.
Just shows that things do get better.

Read the Author, its good i promise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
ccs1989 at 3:59PM, June 6, 2007
(online)
High school is alright. This year (Junior year) is almost over, and that's a good thing. It's the “year of pain” as far as workload is concerned, but that's basically over and done with except for 1 and a half weeks and then finals. Ah finals…

And next year I'm taking three art themed courses. So that's always nice to think about.

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Katch at 5:12PM, June 6, 2007
(offline)
I'm graduating High School on the fourteenth, but ANYWAY
it really wasn't that great, i have to say.
The only senior activity's i'll end up doing is Graduation and Grad Night~
=/

Ummm, the craziest thing i did during the year was get the honored “ Artist of the Year” award~ yey for me~

i got like, sleuths of ribbons for my artwork and uhh…yeah
so that was the highlight~

mostly though, all but a few select teachers were crab cakes and i was lazy throughout ninth through twelfth grade.

=P

Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
SeriousQuiche at 2:32PM, June 7, 2007
(offline)
9th grade-Had a small group of friends. Didn't really fit in too well and then one of my friends left school cause the rest of the group got into anime and she hated it.

10th grade- I had no friends. tenth grade sucked.

11th and 12th grade-I was on my school's literary magazine staff for two years. These were the best years in high school. Access to photoshop and in design anytime I wanted. Good art years too. :3 And I actually patched up things with some of my old friends and made some new ones. o_0
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Pirogoth_00 at 12:14AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
I just graduated high school. I hated the start of it and in the end I still did. I didn't realy lurn anything in high school. I was emo for my first year. My second year I got this awsome friend and we did evrything together till my last year of school were he told me how crapy of a friend I was. That is how that friendship ended. Then I got the greatest friends of my life wich was also my D&D group. They made my last year of high school liveable. So that was it. I hope college is a lot better. And thats it for me.

P.S. guys 95% of the time guys make a lot better friends than girls…. theres less drama in your life without girls.
I live in my own little world, but its okay they know me there
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
SeriousQuiche at 5:26AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
Pirogoth_00
P.S. guys 95% of the time guys make a lot better friends than girls…. theres less drama in your life without girls.

As a girl, I agree. Girls are scary…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
suzi at 7:45AM, June 8, 2007
(online)
SeriousQuiche
Pirogoth_00

As a girl, I agree. Girls are scary…

TOTAL AGREEMENT. Of my 10 closest friends, only two of them are female and one of them pisses me off 98% of the time and the other 40% of the time, the guys never more than 10%. Girls are usually more boring and gossipy, stagnant (and if they aren't they're painfully sporty), not willing to take silly risks…I know it's stereotyping but…BLUHHH. I need to be around people who actually talk about THINGS and are FUNNY and aren't afraid to actually go out and explore the world around them. Girls, in my experience, never really want to. ):<

Of course I am a girl, but I'm very entrenched in my little social group as not a tomboy but something important. I feel kind of bad for the girlfriend of a close friend of mine, because when she's around us it's so obvious that she's just…the girlfriend.

XD sorry, spontaneous ramble because I saw something I care about.
matteblack at 9:22AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
Ugh…high school, so long ago I think I've forgot how crappy it was, but I suppose it will all come rushing back at the 20 year reunion…if I go.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:33AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
My classes are too easy:\

practicly every student says F*** after every other word, and the girls are way too emotional:P
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
Pirogoth_00 at 10:58AM, June 8, 2007
(offline)
Thanks for the agreement I too am a girl and I just think other girls create to much drama in their lifes for me to handel. I'm sorry but in life there are more importan things than why so stupid guy didn't comment on my hair. I agree with the statement that girls are WAY to emotional at time. I also have olny one friend that is a girl. And that was mainly only because she was the first person who talked to me at my ending high school. She dosn't realy fit in with my group of guy friends. Witch are eather the pritty much the school computer geeks, but they will back me up any time cause im the only girl in the computer room that will talk to them :) So no one stealing my friends at least. Okay I ranted enough to make you all sick so bye for now.
I live in my own little world, but its okay they know me there
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Aeon at 11:34AM, June 8, 2007
(online)
Pirogoth_00

Agreed. I totally felt that way in highschool, particularly. My group of friends was all the honors geeks… In honors classes there were generally a few preppy kids, a few total loser dorks (oh, lord how we judged them… the D)

High school was pretty miserable. Everything was just so massively important all the time. Every insult wrecked my world, every set-back was monumental, every crush was an earth-shattering love. And I think that it's that way for a lot of people… your body is going crazy, everyone starts talking about this mysterious ‘future,’ and how you'd better start figuring out what you're going to do with the rest of your life. There was all this drama about sex, and drinking, and all my guy friends and boy friends smoking pot, and me being the freak who wasnt' interested.

Highschool ended with the worst summer I've ever had. Seriously. One of my best male friends hung himself right after we graduated. I was date raped. N came out to me before anyone else, and that was a pretty big weight on my shoulders. Breaking up with long time boyfriend because I was going to college and he wasn't. Trying to plan my move to college in the middle of all this, trying to deal with the crushing weight of my own importance… High school was just a time when I was so stuck in my own head… Well. Anyway. It was a small town, full of drama and not a lot else. High school was enough to make me want to never bring a child into the world, because they shouldn't have to go through it. I remember all the teachers in high school telling us over and over again that “These are the best years of your life! You'd better enjoy them!” but that's a lie. High school was the time of their lives, and that's how the ended up teaching at the same HS they attended, in the same town they were born in, and the same town they'll die in. Up until six months ago, I would have said college was the best year of my life, but now… I think this adulthood thing could turn out okay. Guess I sound pretty bitter about HS, still, but I'm pretty much over it. Don't honestly think about it much, unless N has some news about someone from our hometown (mostly babies and marriages.) It was a long time ago.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
kyupol at 9:47PM, June 8, 2007
(online)
The beautiful place where I learned to develop my beautiful views of this very nice beautiful planet.

YEAH!!! I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL! OH HIGH SCHOOL! I MISS YOU SO MUCH BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I'LL TRAVEL A MILLION MILES AROUND THE WORLD JUST TO GET TO YOU AND JUMP THROUGH RINGS OF FIRE… OOH HIGH SCHOOL MY DARLING LOVE!!! I CAN WRITE AN ENTIRE POEM AS LONG AS THE AENID DECLARING MY UNDYING LOVE FOR YOU, OH HIGH SCHOOL!!!

(*as you can see… even if you are an idiot, you'd sniff out the sarcasm on this post. haha*)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
chii at 3:16AM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
It was orgasmic
qdawg
Chii you are an everflowing fountain of lol.
Someone basicly said
Condemning someone for internet art theft… That's like saying that you hate someone forever because they took a shit in your toilet. Or something.
“With her +2 mace of unfriendliness… She hath slayeth The bunny.” -Chii :cat:
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
ZeroVX at 4:43AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
After looking at some of the more depressing stories, I have this to say:

I would like to find the one who said “High school years are the best years of your life!” and bitch-slap him.

So far, all high school has done is bore me to death. I can't wait for finals to be over.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
AQua_ng at 4:51AM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
Come on Zero, bitch slap me with all you've got. I dare you.

Maybe it's because I go to a single sex school…

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
suzi at 8:30AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
ZeroVX
After looking at some of the more depressing stories, I have this to say:

I would like to find the one who said “High school years are the best years of your life!” and bitch-slap him.

So far, all high school has done is bore me to death. I can't wait for finals to be over.

I have to say, high school years have been the best years of my life so far, but I believe it's only going to get better :D And I know my experience is entirely personal, if you had/have a hard time, then surely it will improve afterwards.
ZeroVX at 11:06AM, June 9, 2007
(online)
AQua_ng
Come on Zero, bitch slap me with all you've got. I dare you.

Maybe it's because I go to a single sex school…

Done.

WHAMMO!!!
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 1:17PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
My classes are too easy:\

practicly every student says F*** after every other word, and the girls are way too emotional:P

I actually say f*** BEFORE every fucking word.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Custard Trout at 2:34PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
I sat around, didn't do any work, got ignored by everyone, and then got into college despite failing pretty much every subject.

It's like a black hole randomly sucked out a huge chunk of my life.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
PhatScurl at 4:53PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
I just finished my sophomore year

it

sucked

I tend to stay out of the drama because 9/10 times its something completely retarded. Usually a girl over reacting because her boyfriend didn't call her last night, so he's obviously cheating on her. So understandably i avoid.

I hang out with the hippies, goths, band people, and pretty much any other group who on most occasions DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT. And its been fine…up til this year

For some reason my friends decided to start caring this year…and i hated it.

My best friend was determined to get a girlfriend for the first time (i can't blame him really) but when he finally asked out the girl he liked and she said no. He just wouldn't move on.

Then there is my other friend who has always been a very cool headed guy has been hiding his very unstable insanity side. He met a girl this year and he liked her. Then his best friend starting dating her (and the guy really likes to “touch” his girlfriends), which pissed my friend off, but he didn't say anything. INSTEAD, he felt it was okay to secretly start a relationship with her while she was dating this guy. When they finally broke up though, the girl goes and runs off with another guy who is a close friend. By this point my friend has stopped saying he likes the girl, and is saying he LOVES the girl. And he pursues her further. Meanwhile during the relationship, a guy that my friend REALLY hates decides to piss my friend off by all but throwing his cock in her face. So my friend almost gets to the point where he almost kills him (not a joke). Anyway, finally the guy gets the picture leaves her alone, her boyfriend breaks up with her for cheating on him with another guy, and she finally ends up dating my friend…for two days. This has basically been keeping up for about 6 months, and i think he's moved from “loving” her into “obsessing” over her. I'm very worried he'll do something stupid.

What else….

When i was applying for this art school im attending next year, my teacher's conviently spring up 5 or 6 other fairly large projects at the same time. Needless to say, my average took a huge beating. I had a 4.1 at the beginning of the year, now i have a 3.6 GPA.

Let's see my reputation as the gay guy at my school definitely got worse. I'm not gay, but apparently the fact that a girl's large breasts don't make me drool over her, makes me gay. So i get random hazing for that, some hazing that makes me really question the sexuality of those doing it. Like a guy sticking balls in my ear…twice.
and being thrown into a closet that openly gay guy who dry rapes somebody every 10 min.

I got all but stalked by this incredibly obese six foot girl who had some serious issues with self-confidence. Honestly, i don't care if somebody is fat, most of my friends are fat, they tend to be less conceited, but if you can't carry yourself with some dignity im not gonna pay any attention to ya. I wasn't mean to her, she hadn't done anything for me to mean to her about, but the fact that i treated her like a human made her lose her head a little.

And finally to top it off, i never asked the one girl i enjoyed being with this year out.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 7:26PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
Hey, I just finished up my sophomore year, too.

I don't give a shit about all the drama. Every day, I hear: “GAAAH MY BOYFRIEND HATES ME BECAUSE GAAAAHFJDKLSJFDLKJFDLKSJIMGUNNAEATYOURBRAINS”

Six words: No one gives a rat's ass.

We've all been down that road more than once. Besides me. I'm not the moron that actually says ‘yes’ to anyone that tries to start that shit. Why can't anyone see that no one in their teens can love?! It's like ‘love’ is a word they could just toss around like it's real! Teens don't have the mental capabilities to love! I'm sure NONE of you loved your girlfriend/boyfriend in high school. You just LIKED them.

Ouch, I'm really venting. I hate high school. Everything about it…

…SUCKS.

Cthulhu at 7:35PM, June 9, 2007
(online)
I loved getting insulted at school, because that's just proof that they are wimps, and would rather insult you, than fight you. But then again, I was always big for my age*.

*Not fat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
Eunice P at 8:15PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
High school for me pretty sums up all work, not enough time for play and lots of stress studying. My parents had high expectations for me to excel my studies. I never played a single video/computer games and listen to any music in high school. I'm such a nerd. :nerd:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:38PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
Eunice P
High school for me pretty sums up all work, not enough time for play and lots of stress studying. My parents had high expectations for me to excel my studies. I never played a single video/computer games and listen to any music in high school. I'm such a nerd. :nerd:

Meh, you're not a nerd. I heard that expectations are a lot higher in Asia.

I'm the opposite. I draw more doodles than I write notes.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon