Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Why did you pick your Username?
SwinS at 3:56PM, Nov. 29, 2007
(offline)
A combination of my initials and middle name.

I've used this elsewhere and it's amusing when people decide to play Rumpelstiltskin.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Dirk Zephyrs at 3:59PM, Nov. 29, 2007
(offline)
Well, if your middle name is actually “Win”, you're the luckiest motherfucker on earth.

This one? I've used it for a long, long time. It's my internet alias and shit. So yeah.
Pink Floyd
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
Fitz at 8:17AM, Nov. 30, 2007
(online)
My full pen-name - M.Fitzner - is my actual last name and the initial of my first name, Matthew. But it always felt awkward to be addressed that way by my readers (I also post my short stories on a couple of sites), so I shortened it to Fitz. It's simple and I think sounds cool.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
phinmagic at 8:44PM, Dec. 1, 2007
(offline)
Phineus : Magician for Hire.

However Phineus came from me mis-remembering Phileas Fogg's name from Around the World in 80 Days, when I named him back in 1987. I then found that he was the blind seer in Jason and the Argonauts, so that's something…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
SwinS at 9:36PM, Dec. 1, 2007
(offline)
Actually, it's Winifred…

But even so, makes for a great nickname.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Jeegoo at 2:39AM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
I was looking up different names different cultures used for the Earth and “Jeegoo” is Korean for “The Globe”. I liked it so much I used it from then on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Hexe at 5:28AM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
Hexe was made by some of my friend from my real last name Heikkilä.
I hade couple other nicknames before that (Heksi, kiloheikki), but this one seemed good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Ozoneocean at 7:45AM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
My username is based on the fact that my real name is Ozone Ocean.

:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Super Llama at 11:20AM, Dec. 2, 2007
(offline)
I used to play a lot of Maxis' Sim games (anyone who's played SimCity 2000 probably knows about Maxis' obsession with llamas.) When I discovered the Sims, I found on their website people who took in-game screenshots of the game using the photo albem feature and made stories out of them. So, deciding to cash in on this, I pulled a ludicrously crappy story out of my ass about a superhero named Super Llama (it wasn't even original; it was a ripoff of another album story about a superhero named Llama Man.) Then eventually that became my nickname (Fan Fact: My nickname before that was Zucchini, which was just a random word.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Mister Kent at 4:26PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
A Sims fan? “Myushuno!”

I chose my name because it is my name. I don't usually do that, but for some reason I did this time. I guess it would put me on Zac's side in DD Civil War, right? Even though I'm a Riot sympathizer?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Insanity at 4:54PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(offline)
ShadowDion
Why did you pick your Username?

is there a story? a reason?
post it here!

…Because no one else had it at the time?

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Insanity at 4:55PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(offline)
Mister Kent
A Sims fan? “Myushuno!”

I chose my name because it is my name. I don't usually do that, but for some reason I did this time. I guess it would put me on Zac's side in DD Civil War, right? Even though I'm a Riot sympathizer?

Rac!!!

hehe…

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Super Llama at 5:34PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(offline)
Mister Kent
A Sims fan? “Myushuno!”

Well, not anymore. I stopped playing soon after that. In fact, I believe that was the last Maxis game I ever played.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Nergal at 10:33PM, Dec. 2, 2007
(online)
a lack of creativity
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:11PM
Chernobog at 9:01AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
Chernobog is the name of an obscure 12-13th century Slavic god of woe which translates more or less as ‘Black God’. Chernobog is also the name of the huge demon in the mountain at the end of Fantasia and in the Shin Megami Tensei series, he's depicted an unsettling and nearly motionless mushroom themed swordsman who runs himself through to attack.
I originally used the Shin Megami picture as my icon before I decided to find something with better resolution at that size.

I felt it would work for me as 1. I just showed up, hence I'm obscure in DD, 2. His very theme is futility and suffering, something prevalent in my comic, 3. I have an odd fascination for the arrangement of letters, rather than how they sound. The combination in that name just felt right. Think of it as feng shui coupled with a lexicon instead of flower arrangement.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
marine at 9:14AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
My username is based on the fact that my real name is Ozone Ocean.

I thought it was Pinky Ta?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Ozoneocean at 9:14AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
I chose my username after I read a SciFi story about a fantastic planet with a beautiful blue ocean of liquid ozone.
Pixie at 9:24AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
Mine has to do with drinking games (surprise surprise!)… and a friend of mine's infatuation with the word “Nim”. During one drunken evening we all got given appropriate names, and mine was Pixie Nim (the name-giver, Alan, was King Nim, incidentally). I used that handle at Polykarbon, first forum I ever joined, years and years and years ago… but quickly grew tired of the Nim part.

These days I am usually just plain Pixie, or Pixieface (if Pixie is taken, and it often is). The “face” bit comes from a verbal tic I have of adding the word “face” to the end of any friend's name for no good reason.
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Ozoneocean at 9:52AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
Wow, I never realised that Pix ^^

I chose my name because I love the natural environment and live close to the sea. I think of the the smell of the salty sea air as the smell of ozone… I know it's not, but I still think of it that way. And things like the hole in the ozone layer sadden me. :(

marine
I thought it was Pinky Ta?
Hahaha, nah, my real name is actually Matt Bojangles.
Pixie at 9:58AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
I chose my name because I love the natural environment and live close to the sea. I think of the the smell of the salty sea air as the smell of ozone… I know it's not, but I still think of it that way. And things like the hole in the ozone layer sadden me. :(

Hahahaha! Hippy. ;P
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Ozoneocean at 10:04AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
I chose my username because I love the word “ozone”, and Ozoneocean has 3 O's in it, like ozone (O3), so it's a good representation. Also, the blue sea is the colour of ozone.
crocty at 10:23AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
crocty
Wait…I just realised, I said my name was pronounced crock-tea…It's not
it's…Well think of it as crockti but not croct-eye croct-i
How could I forget how my username is pronounced!?

Is it an ‘I’ sound like in ‘it’?
Yes,
It's croct-it
With no t on the end.
:S It's hard to explain without saying it out loud…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Ozoneocean at 10:47AM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
I chose my username after reading Paul Theroux's “O-zone” on the beach one day.
Ladyknight17 at 8:46PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
My username came from a late night IM with a fellow insomniac. We were so bored, and didn't really want to discuss anything, and we had just finished talking about our love of writing. He suggested we do a spur of the moment story together, from two different character view points. We chose a sort of fantasy setting. I didn't give my character a name, she just went by “The Lady Knight.” We ended up writing for a grand total of 5 hours, and I fell in love with the character. I saved the story somewhere, but my computer pooped out and I lost it.

So…in a sort of mourning attitude I dubbed myself Ladyknight17, because I was 17 at the time. And it stuck. I'm 21 now, so I've been Lady Knight for four years now, and have just come to think of it as my second name. *shrugs* I'm weird.
Tired of messing with a banner. Just visit the comic at…

www.drunkduck.com/red_poems/
Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Ozoneocean at 2:37AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
My username came from the name of a pet rabbit I once had… I really loved that rabbit :(
Ladyknight17 at 3:43AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
My username came from the name of a pet rabbit I once had… I really loved that rabbit :(

Your just going to keep coming up with reasons, and let us pick our favorite aren't you? LOL.

Thanks.
Ozoneocean at 3:53AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Yes :)

I chose my username after seeing how the “0” and the “O” on my keyboard are right next to each other… I wanted a name that had two “O” sounding words in it…
donkas at 4:41AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Ive been called Donkas, Donkey Roota, and Donk, for the last ten or so years. ever since my first introduction to tequila at a birthday party.
I was kinda inexperienced at drinking bieng pretty young, and I thought that drinking fast was manley, proveing that I was pretty stupid too. It wasnt too long into the evening before I had thrown up, abused everyone, and fallen unconcousious by the bonfire.

Now all would have been good if it had been left at that, but my mates are all country lads like me, brought up in mineing towns and on farms. so our sence of humour is not subtle or eloquent. so as the night progressed, and I lay sleeping, I had the usual stuff happen to me, shaved eyebrows, balls and eyelids smeared in deep heat, then someone had a flash of inspiration! lets gaffa tape him to the donkey in the next paddock. And so I was stripped naked the donkey was brought over and i was draped over the rear of the animal my hands bound around his middle with gaffa tape and hemp rope.
It looked like I was rooting th bloody thing, imagine a my naked pink arse shineing in th bonfife light, handing over the arse of a big brown ass all the lads and lasses from the districtlaughing their hoop off. It must of been a horrific sight.
everyone found this hilarious to say the least, and me bieng unconcious didnt move an inch.
A milk crate was moved near to the sceen and then the bastards took Photos!
I was later removed redressed 9badly and put back by the fire.

When I woke up the next morning, I was death. I didnt bother looking around me, I just stumbled home. If I had looked around I would have seen the polorids. But I didnt see them, everyone who was sitting there waiting for a reactio, when I got up they didnt get one, so the bastards got those photos and photocopyed them, they put them up in the Comunity Hall, Work, School everywhere. Every bloody person in town knew with in two days. I couldent rember to deny it, and the more I denyed it the moreit convinced everyone. and so I was dubbed with the nickname Donkey roota, whick got shortened over time to Donkas
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Ladyknight17 at 4:54AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
donkas
Ive been called Donkas, Donkey Roota, and Donk, for the last ten or so years. ever since my first introduction to tequila at a birthday party.
I was kinda inexperienced at drinking bieng pretty young, and I thought that drinking fast was manley, proveing that I was pretty stupid too. It wasnt too long into the evening before I had thrown up, abused everyone, and fallen unconcousious by the bonfire.

Now all would have been good if it had been left at that, but my mates are all country lads like me, brought up in mineing towns and on farms. so our sence of humour is not subtle or eloquent. so as the night progressed, and I lay sleeping, I had the usual stuff happen to me, shaved eyebrows, balls and eyelids smeared in deep heat, then someone had a flash of inspiration! lets gaffa tape him to the donkey in the next paddock. And so I was stripped naked the donkey was brought over and i was draped over the rear of the animal my hands bound around his middle with gaffa tape and hemp rope.
It looked like I was rooting th bloody thing, imagine a my naked pink arse shineing in th bonfife light, handing over the arse of a big brown ass all the lads and lasses from the districtlaughing their hoop off. It must of been a horrific sight.
everyone found this hilarious to say the least, and me bieng unconcious didnt move an inch.
A milk crate was moved near to the sceen and then the bastards took Photos!
I was later removed redressed 9badly and put back by the fire.

When I woke up the next morning, I was death. I didnt bother looking around me, I just stumbled home. If I had looked around I would have seen the polorids. But I didnt see them, everyone who was sitting there waiting for a reactio, when I got up they didnt get one, so the bastards got those photos and photocopyed them, they put them up in the Comunity Hall, Work, School everywhere. Every bloody person in town knew with in two days. I couldent rember to deny it, and the more I denyed it the moreit convinced everyone. and so I was dubbed with the nickname Donkey roota, whick got shortened over time to Donkas

Oh my gosh my sides hurt!! LMAO! Thats too funny!!

Thanks.
BlackRaven at 10:17AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
I originally wanted to hide my new profile from the boyfriend.

My other internet name is quite “well known” and predictable.

I'm Black and Ravenous….

Oh yea… too bad he was looking over my shoulder and ran in and clicked us as friends when I made the profile. No hiding from that boy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon