Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!
gullas at 4:52AM, Aug. 14, 2012
(offline)
Lonnehart wrote:
gullas wrote:
skreem wrote:
A whole summer nearly of being drained of any desire to make comics, what with one thing and another.
At least your summer isn't being spent inside, during the heatwave, cleaning machines and smelling like a fish. But eh, sure beats prostitution by far :D
Wait… you were a…?!?

um… nevermind…
In this modern day society, aren't we all whoring ourselfs? Eh just a quick thought.
and no, I don't have the body for that industry…
Ozoneocean at 5:26AM, Aug. 14, 2012
(online)
I'd do it, but I don't drive. Eh, graphic design, prostitution, wazthedifference?
Lube, that's the answer!
bravo1102 at 10:17AM, Aug. 14, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
I'd do it, but I don't drive. Eh, graphic design, prostitution, wazthedifference?
Lube, that's the answer!
So that's why I can't get in to get my car's oil changed until next week. Everyone is running off to get lubed.

What was the question again?
Froggtreecomics at 2:59PM, Aug. 14, 2012
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
Lube, that's the answer!
So that's why I can't get in to get my car's oil changed until next week. Everyone is running off to get lubed.

What was the question again?
The question was.. “Death or mau mau?”
last edited on Aug. 14, 2012 3:00PM
Ozoneocean at 10:27PM, Aug. 14, 2012
(online)
Noooo, not the Mau Mau!
bravo1102 at 12:37AM, Aug. 15, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
Noooo, not the Mau Mau!
Yes, but the punchline is “death by Mau Mau” so either way it's going to be Mau Mau.

I'd prefer death by Moo Moo, in that some obese Polynesian woman just sits on you.
Terminal at 3:19AM, Aug. 15, 2012
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
I'd prefer death by Moo Moo, in that some obese Polynesian woman just sits on you.

I had a dream like that once. Didn't know what the fuck it was supposed to mean. Took it as a sign to not fall asleep watching the local Polynesian network.

—-
I decided to get off my lazy ass and finally update my comic. While BigFish is not joining me this time around, I do wish her the best where ever she might be. Since I'll be doing everything now, I've decided to go without color.
last edited on Aug. 15, 2012 4:14AM
Ozoneocean at 4:17AM, Aug. 15, 2012
(online)
Yay! I fixed your post Myxo! ^_^
DD's code ruins quotes when there's a link posted because it can't handle the screwed up mess it makes of the author link in the quote, pluss the extra link it has to screw up too…

With DD comic links, just drop the http:// part before the url tag stuff and you're fine.
Terminal at 4:33AM, Aug. 15, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Yay! I fixed your post Myxo! ^_^
DD's code ruins quotes when there's a link posted because it can't handle the screwed up mess it makes of the author link in the quote, pluss the extra link it has to screw up too…

With DD comic links, just drop the http:// part before the url tag stuff and you're fine.
Awesome, I thought it was the fact the title was too long, which always seemed to mess something up with the old Duck. Ah, memories.
Froggtreecomics at 3:17PM, Aug. 16, 2012
(offline)
So today I saw Batman do a fight against a wrestler with a voice like a cartoon hippopotamus, ate a muffin, two bags of walkers crisps (before my tea, Gosh!) and that's all the rantmoanchatternatter you're getting out of me today.
bravo1102 at 5:36AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(offline)
There are certain things that have a sameness nearly every time. Some are comforting, others are just annoying as all get out.

Actually frustrating because it's the same as last time. Why can't things not be so alike all the time. Why are the same games played, the same stories told but with subltly different casts?

Yuck, that guy in Long Island who faked his own drowning so he could go to live in South Carolina had the right idea.

And the new ad on the side is for a match-up service with Asian girls. Now that's something I could get into. That's just too funny.
Ozoneocean at 5:59AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(online)
YAY it's the fricken weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Friday evening anyway!

Tomorrow Banes and I interview the two ravishingly beautiful, highly intelligent and amazingly skilled ladies that make up the dynamic Greek/American artist/author team on Brave Resistance:
Tantz Aerine and Pitface!

Lookin' forward to that ^_^

But it won't go live for a while since Tuesday is the debut of this year's DD radio play!
And the Tuesday after is the rest of the Women and Webcomics Quackcast (with the amazing Skoolmunkee and Noelle Dreves)

——

“Sausage-fest” is a rather gross but funny way of describing a surfeit of guys… The funniness sort of overcomes the impoliteness of it though.
“Taco-Fiesta”, as the female version, doesn't quite get past the impoliteness factor…
Is that a general cultural problem or a problem I have specifically?
ayesinback at 6:27AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:

But it won't go live for a while since Tuesday is the debut of this year's DD radio play!

——

“Sausage-fest” is a rather gross but funny way of describing a surfeit of guys… The funniness sort of overcomes the impoliteness of it though.
“Taco-Fiesta”, as the female version, doesn't quite get past the impoliteness factor…
Yay -Radio Play! Something for everyone. Sorry there's been such a wait, but I do think it tops last year's.

As to your question, Oz, it's not just you. But I'll throw this out for consideration: in Alaska they call a reindeer hotdog in a roll a “rudy in a parka”. Rather a package deal.

@bravo - Yes!! So important to have some change-up every so often. The trip was literally awesome (have to go thru 300+shots before I can post in picture thread - any preferences? Gots lotso mountains and some good grizzly pics)and even though my probs were patiently waiting for my return they just don't seem quite as problematic. But wait a week and who knows - probaby time for another trip :)

Yes- yay for the weekend.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
PIT_FACE at 7:55AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
YAY it's the fricken weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, Friday evening anyway!

Tomorrow Banes and I interview the two ravishingly beautiful, highly intelligent and amazingly skilled ladies that make up the dynamic Greek/American artist/author team on Brave Resistance:
Tantz Aerine and Pitface!

Lookin' forward to that ^_^

And the Tuesday after is the rest of the Women and Webcomics Quackcast (with the amazing Skoolmunkee and Noelle Dreves)

——

i thought clam bake was the ulternate form for sausage fest. toca fiesta's just as precious though, haha! and i know im sure as hell lookin forward to chattin with you guys tomorrow!

bravo1102 at 10:25AM, Aug. 17, 2012
(offline)
Ozone and Banes yakking it up with Pit_Face and Tantz Aerine? God help us the world will never be the same.
This is like a miracle of the internet that people from three continents thousands of miles apart can do this. Oh! to live in such interesting times. Who needs flying cars really. And Americans have something better than robot maids. Brazilians. The most beautiful women on earth with the best barbecue anywhere flocking to the USA to clean your house.
PIT_FACE at 10:26AM, Aug. 18, 2012
(online)
wh———what?……

Ozoneocean at 9:28PM, Aug. 18, 2012
(online)
Bravo has a Brazilian maid who barbecues for him while wearing a bikini? Or a bikini-waxed maid with a Brazilian who he met at a BBQ?

I'm not sure. I do envy him though!

—–

The talk with Tantz and Pit was a massive success! Massive and successful! Both were funny, clever, and fun!!!
The Grecco-American-Canadian-Oz operation is complete ^_^
There will be more.
PIT_FACE at 10:15PM, Aug. 18, 2012
(online)
HAW! i was the American part!
but it was totally fun!we'll party it up with you guys anyday. great hosts as always.

Lonnehart at 1:35PM, Aug. 19, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Bravo has a Brazilian maid who barbecues for him while wearing a bikini? Or a bikini-waxed maid with a Brazilian who he met at a BBQ?

I'm not sure. I do envy him though!

—–

The talk with Tantz and Pit was a massive success! Massive and successful! Both were funny, clever, and fun!!!
The Grecco-American-Canadian-Oz operation is complete ^_^
There will be more.
Or maybe he's wearing a bikini while his Brazilian maid barbeques for him???

Used the spoiler tag to spare people the nightmare image… :)

Ugh… it's been raining for a day straight. To make things worse, the wiper system on my car is gone. Don't know what's causing it, but I checked the fuse and found it melted… literally… Had to drive home blinded by rain hitting the windshield by doing the things I'd do while driving through fog… heaters and blowers on the windshield at full blast to keep the fog away, looking at either the lights in front of me or the right side of the road as a reference as to where I am, etc… yeah… driving home today was really fun….
Ozoneocean at 8:52PM, Aug. 19, 2012
(online)
Thanks Pit! ^_^

——-

@ Lonne - Maybe Bravo got a bikin wax from a maid in Brazil while being BBQed?
We just don't know the extent of his kink!

——-

I saw McGruber last night and found it hillariously funny, and wrong… and funny. :)
I don't know if it was really that good, or if it was purile, or… I just don't know. All I know is that I laughed and laughed. :)
Tantz_Aerine at 6:51AM, Aug. 20, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote: Bravo has a Brazilian maid who barbecues for him while wearing a bikini? Or a bikini-waxed maid with a Brazilian who he met at a BBQ? I'm not sure. I do envy him though! —–The talk with Tantz and Pit was a massive success! Massive and successful! Both were funny, clever, and fun!!! The Grecco-American-Canadian-Oz operation is complete ^_^There will be more.

It was a GREAT experience and I loved talking to all of you!! I will definitely be happy to do this again :D
Banes at 9:37AM, Aug. 20, 2012
(offline)
Pit n' Tantz were great - definitely hope to have more of them on the Quackcasts!

Ozoneocean at 10:07PM, Aug. 20, 2012
(online)
It could become a regular thing! We could do a live action play!!!

——

Bravo BBQed a Brazilian while working as a maid for a bikini?

——

Soooooo tired :(
bravo1102 at 3:34AM, Aug. 21, 2012
(offline)
Bravo brunched on Bar-be-Q beef before a bevy of bikini'd Brazilian beauties.
Lonnehart at 8:24PM, Aug. 21, 2012
(online)
So after playing through Mass Effect 1 and 2 again and while playing through Mass Effect 3 I got this question burning in my brain…

Suppose you get wind of a threat to galactic civilization and are in a position to voice it to your leaders. However, instead of listening to you the leaders demand absolute proof of your claims. And that proof shows up as a vangard to the alien invasion force that takes several fleets to put down. But instead of acknowledging the threat the leaders rationalize it away stating it's not enough proof that your claims are true.

Then the invasion hits and galactic civilization is on the brink of being destroyed. Do they give resources and people to help combat the threat? Do they look to you for guidance as you have the most knowledge about these alien invaders? NO. They instead put you in a prisoncell and accuseyou of not warning them of the threat. Worse, they say you are in league with the invaders and helping them. So you watch from your cell as galactic civilization is utterly destroyed.

Now is there a political or even a clinical name or term for this sort of behavior in the governments?
Ozoneocean at 8:39PM, Aug. 21, 2012
(online)
While you were dressed as a maid.
Why you forget best part BravoSan?
bravo1102 at 8:41PM, Aug. 21, 2012
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
While you were dressed as a maid.
Why you forget best part BravoSan?
Doesn't begin with “B” so it threw off the aliteration.
Ozoneocean at 9:05PM, Aug. 21, 2012
(online)
@ Lonne- Yup, called “fiction” :)
Mass Effect works that way because it makes a good story, Shepard makes a great crusading hero. If he had the full support of the space governments it'd be a very different game- probably a big space battle strategy thing. The way the story is means you have scope to explore, talk to people and have ground battles with small groups. So it's pretty cleverly done.
That's my take on it.
Lonnehart at 10:36PM, Aug. 21, 2012
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Lonne- Yup, called “fiction” :)
Mass Effect works that way because it makes a good story, Shepard makes a great crusading hero. If he had the full support of the space governments it'd be a very different game- probably a big space battle strategy thing. The way the story is means you have scope to explore, talk to people and have ground battles with small groups. So it's pretty cleverly done.
That's my take on it.
True… and I doubt any real world government would act that way…. or if any did we wouldn't know about it for obvious reasons.

Fiction. Hmmm… interesting comcept. I… *kzzt* *krrrk* YAUGH!!!

Sorry. Brain fried. Gotta get it fixed. I'd hire Bravo to do the job, but he'd take to it with a sledgehammer, a drill, and seveal tons of C4…

Just got so bored that I started watching stuff on Youtube. Stuff on giant robots combining. I saw the new version of Voltron combining and… it's just wrong… The gimmick is that every lion can form any part of Voltron, but… it was bad enough two of the lions had stuff going up their rears, but now it's ALL OF THEM. Good thing they don't have emotions or we'd all be robot lion food.
Ozoneocean at 10:28AM, Aug. 24, 2012
(online)
Watching Danger zone by Kenny Loggins really makes you wanna be a fighter pilot…
Makes flying tomcats look so cool, great song. Even though I hate F-14s, they're so flabby and oversized compared to other fighters, with afterburners like massive rubbish bins…
But so cool in that vid with that music.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon