Comic Talk and General Discussion *

2016 Rant/Share/General Discussion Thread
kawaiidaigakusei at 9:08AM, Dec. 25, 2016
(online)
Good morning, Drunk Duck family! I would like to wish you all Merry Holidays this year. Stay warm and have fun with those closest to you.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Chiptunehero at 5:48PM, Dec. 25, 2016
(online)
Hi there, new user here. I think I may be a little late to the golden days of this site? Ahaha. Oh and, Happy Holidays.
Ozoneocean at 10:26PM, Dec. 25, 2016
(online)
Merry Christmas!
And welcome to the gang Chip!

It's been quiet over Christmas here…

My Xmas present to myself is a pair of gorgeous second hand cowboy boots- white snakeskin with grey calves, and pointed toes.
Also a double breasted wine red Tom Baker era Dr Who great coat (on which I will sew big brass buttons), and metallic gold coloured shirt..

Can't wait till they get here… but it will probably be about 3 to 4 weeks :( in the HOTTEST part of the year.
HippieVan at 5:10PM, Dec. 27, 2016
(online)
Chiptunehero wrote:
Hi there, new user here. I think I may be a little late to the golden days of this site? Ahaha. Oh and, Happy Holidays.

Welcome! Well, the “golden days” also came with a lot of drama, haha. We're chugging along!

I'm having a lovely stretched-out Christmas this year! Had a nice dinner and exchanged presents with one friend last week, had family Christmas on the actual day, a big group friend Christmas tomorrow, and then another little one next week when my best friend gets back from visiting family. Also have to go visit my grandparents, the only one I'm not looking forward to.

Also had a nice relaxing time at a cabin with my family for a few days before Christmas. Although I did manage to injure myself being an idiot on a toboggan hill, whoops.

I've been hunting for a nice winter coat and haven't had any luck so far! Sometimes I get really fussy when I have to buy something expensive like this.
I want one that goes past my butt so it keeps my legs warm, but I'm kind of small so I feel like I disappear inside a lot of big winter coats. So I want a nicely fitted one, but I haven't found one yet that I like the fit of. I'm not sure if vanity sizing is getting out of hand or if it's just not the style for clothes to dip in at the waist right now…I'm not that slim relative to my height, but I was trying on XS coats today and they all still seemed a bit big.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
bravo1102 at 5:02PM, Dec. 28, 2016
(offline)
Some coats are sized extra big to allow for bulky layers underneath. My parka is only an XL but freaking HUGE and I have to pull the drawstring in all the way. But then I put it on again over my fleece jacket and sweater and it's about right. Since I work outside, lots of layers. When that wind comes right off the Atlantic it can go through right you.

ayesinback at 10:45AM, Dec. 29, 2016
(online)
I love this week between Christmas and New Year's Day. Probably a hangover from school years (like my annual anxiety when Labor Day rolls around), but also because all the fuss is over, but the pretty decorations are still up and there's the reminiscing with friends and family, even if it's just through cards and letters.

I'm also working on my hat. Still a ways to go, but there's time again to work on it. I went to a “World's Steampunk Convention” (in Piscataway NJ: things-that-make-you-go-huh) and nothing would do but that I get myself gussied up as an Edwardian.

Not finding a hat to my liking under the cost of a second mortgage, I was left with two options: do without or DYI.

Fingers crossed, I think I'm liking it so far.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
HippieVan at 2:20PM, Dec. 29, 2016
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
Cool coats for Hippe!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winter-Women-s-Sexy-Suede-Leather-TOP-Faux-Fur-Cashmere-Jacket-Coat-Warm-Outwear-/172027203341?hash=item280d9ecf0d:g:q7wAAOSwxN5Wa7Bx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-New-Winter-Fashion-Korean-Women-Slim-Sexy-Cashmere-Jacket-Coat-Overcoat-/391249930925?var=&hash=item5b18502aad:m:m6u3cByVG2_wgyiFMkF2ULA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Winter-Sexy-Faux-Fox-Fur-Thicken-Warm-Jacket-Coat-Outwear-Parka-Overcoats-/252460296342?var=&hash=item3ac7ce6896:m:mxch-KqmX3BL2fxCRFW9pNg

Ebay is the best for great inexpensive stuff… Don't know how warm those would be, but fake fur usually does the job :D

I love those all! The first and third ones are both super cute, I like the fake fur a lot. Unfortunately I would qualify those as fall (or light winter) coats in these parts! I need more of a proper parka, something like this.

Except, like, less ugly. (And maybe a little longer.) I saw a woman in a beautiful light brown fitted one the other day, and have regretted not stopping her to ask where she got it.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon