Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Who does cosplay?
Ozoneocean at 8:31PM, July 1, 2018
(online)
I've done it a few times. it's great!
I just love dressing up really, but working on the clothes is probably 90% of the fun.
I'll post pic later
KimLuster at 11:44AM, July 2, 2018
(online)
Sounds like loads of fun. If only I had the time to fit in one more hobby!! But… not giving up any current hobbies to make room :D
bravo1102 at 1:04PM, July 2, 2018
(offline)
In the dark ages before it was called cosplay I did some group presentations and dated several costumers. I still have a few bits for Halloween parties. I used to collect military uniforms but sold them off to fund other hobbies.
Ozoneocean at 2:06AM, July 3, 2018
(online)
Well it's GREAT fun.
Go to one of the conventions ;)

For some people the thrill is designing outfits specifically FOR a particular con. For others like me we have a smaller set of outfits that are our passion. Mine is of course my Hussar… I gave the shako I just finished an mazing first outing last week.
I'm a little unusual in that I like my pieces to be “real”. Most people are happy with things made out of foam or plastic and paint etc, but I prefer real materials where possible (leather, fur, wool, metal), real antique or vintage pieces, and failing that good replicas!

Movie Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mad Hatter:

Gomez Adams

-You can come up with a lot of random stuff when you have a lot of outfits and accessories…
KimLuster at 8:25AM, July 3, 2018
(online)
Those are very awesome-saucy Oz! David Lee Roth in that last pic?! ;D
Ozoneocean at 6:14PM, July 3, 2018
(online)
Hahaha thanks Kim :D
It's a sort of generic glam metal character ^_^
ashtree house at 10:45AM, July 4, 2018
(offline)
Those are awesome Ozone!! I would love to cosplay, I really should give it a try. But it can be such a commitment!! I think you have to really love doing it. Making clothes, collecting items, spending money.. it can be so overwhelming to me haha! My friend does amazing cosplays, she has won some contests too..but she spends like half a year making her clothing and it looks so good. But, I am lazy and I can't sew lol. There is pre-made sets, but they are expensive and sometimes don't even look that good!
last edited on July 4, 2018 10:46AM
Ozoneocean at 7:48PM, July 4, 2018
(online)
Thanks Ash!
What you could do is offer yourself as a model to one of your friends :)
If you've got a similar body size to them or maybe someone they know who also does cosplay you can easily wear one of their older costumes.
It's very likely they'd love you to ^_^
Fantasticbrick at 5:20AM, July 18, 2018
(offline)
Gawd, I wish I had a Space marine costume like that.
Its all I would need for the rest of my life.
Ozoneocean at 6:05PM, July 18, 2018
(online)
He was amazing! I'll post more of him :D
ayesinback at 6:40AM, July 28, 2018
(online)
@Oz — I love seeing your art, and these costumes are definitely art, too.

There's a steampunk con held near me, although they didn't run it this year (Rats!) that I dressed up for. As you know, I made the hat. Nothing was authentic; nothing like your creations. But the beauty of steampunk is that just about anything goes.

You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Ozoneocean at 7:04AM, July 30, 2018
(online)
ayesinback wrote:
There's a steampunk con held near me, although they didn't run it this year (Rats!) that I dressed up for. As you know, I made the hat. Nothing was authentic; nothing like your creations. But the beauty of steampunk is that just about anything goes.
Gorgeous!
I'd love to see more!

My stuff is mostly more with authentic materials but like any good steampunk my things are a bit of a pastiche too actually. My hussar uniform is a mix of all the things I love about “hussars”. It's a “best-off” album for everything “hussar” rather than one unit from one point in time.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon