Comic Talk and General Discussion *

I want to make my own webcomic site where do I go?
meemjar at 11:00PM, Nov. 12, 2018
(offline)
I know there's sites to design your own website for your comic but in case I can't get it right who could I turn to?

How much does it cost to keep a site up every month/year?

And even if you design your own site do you need a host?

Also if anyone wants to connect to support each other I'm open.

I'm asking all this because my own comic ‘The Dragon Fists of Smorty Smythe’
is going full colour and print on IndyPlanet.com but I want a site to showcase my work and encourage people to buy the hardcopy or even digital down load.

Also, I'm on Patreon and I want to connect DD to it so as to hopefully get pledges from my fans here.

I want to get this running by the new year.
last edited on Nov. 13, 2018 12:20AM
Ozoneocean at 3:34AM, Nov. 13, 2018
(online)
I bought webspace through LaughingSquid.com which cast about $4 a month, I bought my URL from Godaddy and then I gave all the art and the passwords and things to Tantz Aerine and paid her about $150 or $200 to do all the work for me making a wordpress site :)
last edited on Nov. 13, 2018 5:25AM
JustNoPoint at 4:15AM, Nov. 13, 2018
(online)
Wait, I used to code web designs for her! Ho ho ho now it is time for the tables to turn!!! >:-)
usedbooks at 5:19AM, Nov. 13, 2018
(online)
Damn. I wish I could get people to pay me to set up WordPress for them. XD

I use HostMonster. I got their Plus plan, so it's a little over $100 a year. (I think Basic is about half that much.) I got my domain through NameCheap.com WordPress has a plugin called Comic Easel, which is specific for webcomics.

I have written my own sites in Notepad, but not for webcomics. My coding knowledge is pretty limited. It's still useful to have an FTP client for easy uploading and downloading. CoreFTP is the one I use. It's free.
IronHorseComics at 5:19AM, June 23, 2019
(online)
You can go to Comic Fury, theirs is set up to where you can give it its own unique link and you'd be able to change the HTML and CSS right there on the site or submit your own. They're free.
You can read Fluffy 500 right here! https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Fluffy_500/

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon