Comic Talk and General Discussion *

10 Songs you only listen to once a year
JaymonRising at 10:04PM, Jan. 4, 2019
(offline)
It's hard to believe that even if I knew the person who is the worst off in the world, someone would still come and dethrone him or her a second later.

To help a bruthah out, here is a list of songs that are special to me enough to only listen to once a year:

1. Heaven can wait, by Sandra.
2. My Place in this World, by Michael W. Smith.
3. Always Forever, by Donna Lewis.
4. Everytime I See you, by Fra Lippo Lippi.
5. Por Amarte, by Enrique Iglesias.
6. The Promise, by When in Rome.
7. La Incondicional, by Luis Miguel. (I feel like I'm back in February 2016 each time I listen to this :()
8. Tù by Mecano.
9. All Coming Back to Me, by Celine Dion.
10. Enjoy the Silence, by Depeche Mode.

Honourable Mentions

-That's Just the way it is, by Bruce Hornsby.
-Body Language, by Alexander Baker.
-Where did you go, by No Mercy.

Feel free to provide your own list as mine is obscenely subjective. I also have a short list of songs I only listen to once in a lifetime, but that's just sad. XP
Ozoneocean at 10:44PM, Jan. 4, 2019
(online)
1. Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
2 . Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
3. Electric Blue - Icehouse
4. Where do you go to my lovely - Peter Sarstedt
5. ABC - the Jackson 5
6. I feel Love - Donna Summer
7. … I'll fill in the rest later/

These songs are just too poppy and sweet. It's nice to have a fix of theme every once in a while but they can easily become too cloying if listened to more often.
JaymonRising at 10:53AM, Jan. 5, 2019
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
1. Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
2 . Stairway to heaven - Led Zeppelin
3. Electric Blue - Icehouse
4. Where do you go to my lovely - Peter Sarstedt
5. ABC - the Jackson 5
6. I feel Love - Donna Summer
7. … I'll fill in the rest later/

These songs are just too poppy and sweet. It's nice to have a fix of theme every once in a while but they can easily become too cloying if listened to more often.

Living on a Prayer and Stairway to heaven are my favourites as well. The latter always reminds me of a good friend from secondary school who loved that song.
Ozoneocean at 11:27PM, Jan. 5, 2019
(online)
Yeah, they take you to a particular time and place…

I have songs like that which I listen to much more often because they don't become annoying after the first few listens :D

1. Heaven, must be there - by the Eurogliders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHuAkiPVTj8
That takes me back to the past, driving with my family across the heat and desolation of outback Australia for hours and hours, with road houses serving as little islands of peace and cool, little oasis in the desert hell.

2. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U
That takes me back to the same time. But it reminds me of going to the beach with my family and living in the sun constantly.

3. Run to Paradise - The Choirboys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIXT0yhq5M
Takes me back to highschool. I remember hot days and listening to that as I went to the beach every day in summer, by myself or with friends.

There are others, but those all have that heat theme for me.

last edited on Jan. 5, 2019 11:28PM
JaymonRising at 2:20PM, Jan. 6, 2019
(offline)
I like Heaven must be there by the Eurogliders the most, though the only one I have heard before is Walking on Sunshine. Besides Men at Work, Midnight Oil, and Air Supply it's been a while since I've heard many good Australian bands.

One of those songs I only listen to once a lifetime is nothing special: Bizarre love triangle, by New Order. It just reminds me of the good times from 2014-2015 all too well.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon