Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Hello - Intro Post
L.C.Stein at 7:51PM, Oct. 7, 2020
(offline)
Hello!

I found out about this community from a webcomic creators group on Facebook, and I should probably make an intro post.

Compared to a lot of you I am still pretty new at comic creation (but i have been doing art off and on since I could pick up a pencil). For the past couple of years I finally got my act together and I've been working on a comic called “Adulting Amy”

It's a wry, slice-of-life comic featuring a 30-something lawyer dealing with mundane first-world problems as well as a cat who thinks he's a gangster. There are also fantasy elements and pop-culture / current event references thrown in.

I update on Sundays (since I work a day job during the week).

I have a link to the comic in my signature. The comic is also on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook as @adultingamy. (Published my 100th post on Instagram - sadly not my 100th comic…that will be soon)

I look forward to meeting all of you and trading tips, stories, etc!
Avart at 11:38AM, Oct. 8, 2020
(offline)
Welcome to this wonderful community, I read your comic and I like it a lot. I hope you feel comfortable here and keep sharing your work with us ;)
L.C.Stein at 8:02PM, Oct. 8, 2020
(offline)
Avart wrote:
Welcome to this wonderful community, I read your comic and I like it a lot. I hope you feel comfortable here and keep sharing your work with us ;)

Thanks, Avart! I am “behind” my current schedule on here and on Webtoons, but I will be adding more. I am glad you are enjoying the work, it really means a lot.
Avart at 8:13PM, Oct. 8, 2020
(offline)
lcstein wrote:

Thanks, Avart! I am “behind” my current schedule on here and on Webtoons, but I will be adding more. I am glad you are enjoying the work, it really means a lot.

Are you on Webtoons too? You earned a new subscriber ;)
L.C.Stein at 7:56PM, Oct. 9, 2020
(offline)
Yes, I am on Webtoons, but my work is not caught up yet there, so I have not really been promoting it outside the platform. I am one of those people who did not learn about Webtoons until after I had created a bunch of strips, only to realize I need to re-format my stuff for their platform.

I am finding there is more I can do with the comic and storytelling that I cannot do with regular “strips” which is what I Had been doing, which is a good thing. However, I want to continue posting in both formats.

What is your comic on there called? I will sign up!
Avart at 10:45PM, Oct. 9, 2020
(offline)
Sure, Webtoons is a tough platform. I started posting there my comic in the regular format but after some time, I need to adjust it and now I'm only make my comic in that vertical format. Luckily, here I can post long vertical pages as well, So I just adjust some little stuff without having to make a lot of work.

I've posted a mini-tutorial of how I make my comic in Webtoon format in this thread, maybe it could help you a bit.

I love this site because people around here are super friendly and kind, and there's a lot of good stuff going on every day. They organize Podcasts and community projects as well (right now I'm participating on a Horror Anthology, and the Drunk Duck Awards 2020

Oh, and my comic is called The Gloom here and in Webtoons too. (No spam intended XD)

I'll be checking your updates in both sites ;)
L.C.Stein at 8:41PM, Oct. 10, 2020
(offline)
Done! WOW your art is REALLY good, I look forward to a nice glass of wine and a read when I get a free minute.

I also should check out your tutorial as well. What I do right now is post and resize stuff on 800 x 800 squares and upload each image individually. I also use the same individual images for the “horizontal” Instagram scroll. Other people I have seen drag their work into a longer canvas for a better overall flow.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon