Comic Talk and General Discussion *

I accidently rooted out some nasty people on a rpg forum by asking "why the furry hate".
Kemonokomic at 11:40AM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
So, I was on a rpg forum asking a basic question, “why do rp gamers like r/RPGhorrorstories and 1D4chan hate furries to the point of talking about actual murder?”

That caused quiet a commotion, the first two pages were people saying “that's terrible/we don't hate like that/that's sick”, but it started to pivot towards ‘well, those guys have a point because it is childish/makes me look less like an adult’, ‘it is your own fault,’ and ‘because I want my lore to be pure!’, and from what I understand because when I came back later on there was a lot of posts that were deleted, and from a few responses it look like got very, very ugly real quick. When I came back later the thread was locked by the mod, and I was afraid to look at what happened.

I just logged out, the experience ruined me on that hobby.

Geez.
hushicho at 4:58PM, Jan. 19, 2022
(offline)
It's usually the same reason as anyone hates anything: most people want an excuse to hate on something to the point of excusing any behavior or act. They want a scapegoat that they can hate in a socially acceptable way, and it's childish and frankly lame.

Whether it's furries, gays, trans people, otherkin, anime and manga fans, no matter what, there's some group that this affiliation of people know, and they hate freely, often assuming that everyone else feels the same way…because it's rare anyone ever asks that question you did or says “hey, maybe we shouldn't hate people for no real reason and this is taking it way too far.”

If there actually were any legit reason, it might be different…but there never really is. People make excuses to try and justify their need to hate on others. Of course, they almost never take the time to try and understand what this other group is and what it means to be one of them – then they might sympathize, or see them as other living, sentient beings worthy of respect.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Andreas_Helixfinger at 6:08AM, Jan. 20, 2022
(offline)
Wait! Wait! Wait! So these guys think its okay to murder threaten us furries because they think we're making stuff less adult for them? Dude!!! No!! Seriously!! What the fuck!!!
last edited on Jan. 20, 2022 6:38AM
Kemonokomic at 7:35AM, Jan. 20, 2022
(offline)
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
Wait! Wait! Wait! So these guys think its okay to murder threaten us furries because they think we're making stuff less adult for them? Dude!!! No!! Seriously!! What the fuck!!!

Oh yeah, their excuses, when boiled down, were “furries make sci fi look immature, and we want to be taken serious by our parents,” and “it ruins our lore”.

So, yeah they have some serious screws loose.
hushicho at 4:05PM, Jan. 20, 2022
(offline)
Yeah, it's somehow super important for people like that to impress their idiot parents who have objectively ruined the entire world and may have doomed our entire species to extinction through their willful idiocy and toxic, lazy behavior. Super crucial we impress the people who left us a scorched, dying husk while they loled their way through wiping out millions because of a very preventable plague they made worse.

But let's be sure to shit on other cultures, we wouldn't want the ignorant to get bored after all.
bravo1102 at 2:48AM, Jan. 24, 2022
(offline)
Don't know about something it's easy to hate it. The more you know the less inclined one is to hate. So long as the knowledge isn't all pointed and non factual stereotypes.

So easy to blame a group you don't like for all the wrongs of the world. Wasn't their fault to begin with. Get over this wilful ignorance.
hushicho at 2:24PM, Jan. 24, 2022
(offline)
That's very true. It's always easy to dogpile on a group of people you aren't a part of and don't understand, because you don't want to and haven't taken the time to learn about. Best just to leave them alone unless they're actively harming you or the world as a whole.

Not that these idiots would really understand that, because fundamentally they're willfully ignorant – one of the things I hate the most in this world. They choose not to learn or enrich themselves, but they still feel empowered to make sweeping declarations about groups of people they aren't a part of and don't want to understand.
hushicho at 1:59PM, Jan. 28, 2022
(offline)
Incidentally, I thought it important to note: I've been unwell lately, I picked up a little headcold and it threw my chemistry entirely off, so my phrasing may not have been as clear as I would like.

I just wanted to note very clearly that I'm not blaming everyone who happens to be a certain age and included in a generation; that would be ludicrously painting everyone by the same brush. When I refer to a generation like that, it's as a sociological construct, regardless of individual merit. My point is not to ridicule or insult anyone because of an affiliation they can't help, but the point I was trying to make is that these hateful people were, by and large, given a poor example.

My opinion is that no person or group of people deserve, for better or worse, to be used as a justification for a frankly childish and lazy campaign of hate. And I don't think it's worth impressing any group of people, especially as every generation has had major fuckups and there are plenty of things that every generation does or has done that are objectively negative contributions to the world.

As a member of multiple subcultures and minorities, I'm already fairly unimpressed by most politics and politicians, and I have little respect for mainstream straight people society. I certainly won't judge every straight person, though, by a group they were born into. I'll sure judge someone for a group they consciously chose to affiliate themselves with, but generally not something they were simply born into and don't think enough about.

Just to note, as I've been thinking a great deal lately and didn't want to be unclear or to offend. I don't think these people hating on furries or any similar group were raised well, and I don't think the “values” of that generation as a sociocultural entity are worth preserving, at least not in this form, where it's a bunch of people pushing it on everyone as the only “decent” way of life. But I'm also not painting everyone with the same brush; people are individuals, and must be assessed by their own decisions.
NickGuy at 8:43PM, Jan. 28, 2022
(offline)
I thought furry was a generally innocent hobby til I saw furry twitter. Yeah im good on that side of things. No hate, just completely not interested

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon