Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How do you deal with the so called "Know It All"?
blindsk at 8:49PM, May 19, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
On DD the biggest Know-it-alls are Ozoneocean, Bravo1102 and Isukun.

Interesting list, but I can tell you there is one name on there that doesn't surprise me in the least… ;)

Personally, I break my “know-it-all's” into two categories: credentialed know-it-all's and non-credentialed know-it-all's.

You probably wouldn't want to take my advice on the non-credentialed know-it-all's. I have a feeling I'm even more immature about it than ayes due to the fact that I end up making enemies with them. I can't help it though, when I'm talking to them I tend to end up mocking them. And it's worse because know-it-all's are slow to pick up on that sort of thing (everything is taken seriously). In the end, it just turns into a giant ragefest, which you don't want.

Credentialed know-it-all's however? I've run into hundreds of them in college. The only thing you can do there is to stay quiet and nod your head. Seriously, their mind is in a whole other plane of existence and you'd be powerless to fight them let alone know how to get there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Rockeign at 11:19PM, May 20, 2011
(offline)
Lonnehart
I was playing an MMORPG once when I met a seasoned player who was insulting new players… to the effect of telling them to leave as the game was for “pros” only.
Ahhh, the classic elitist.

In games they're usually easily handled. I usually poke fun at them by picking out the flaws in their rants (since in the MMOs I've played I've been around the block once or twice) or simply making fun of their mom. .. Yeah, I know. “Yo mama” jokes are the lowest common denominator in terms of jokes but in my experience, they usually get elitists super pissed. I mean they're trying to lecture me on why I'm bad and why they're so awesome and here I am not only refusing them the satisfaction of a reaction but I'm making fun of their mom.

Real life though isn't nearly as cut and dry. I just attempt to avoid those kinds of people. It'll save you a lot of headaches.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 12:17AM, May 21, 2011
(offline)
Someone
“Eheheh, that sounds hilarious, I wonder what it would look li-”

DEAR JESUS IT WILL BE THE DEATH OF US ALL.

—–

I hang around friends who are know-it-alls or are very very stubborn, its their way or the high way, and it pisses them off to know end when I prove them wrong or don't agree with them. Mind you, only two of us are major know-it-alls, me and my friend Ellen, and we clash the most about it.
of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.
EXCUSE ME WHILE I STROKE MY MOUSTACHE IN A SUGGESTIVE MANNER!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
Ally Haert at 8:28AM, May 21, 2011
(online)
My brother is a genius with a god complex, the most basic kind of know-it-all. I haven't had the luxury of just “walking away” from that relationship over the years, we're family. So I've learned to deal with it.

Poor fellow has such superiority issues, at times it's really grating. I've learned not to really emotionally invest myself much in what he says. Oftentimes he'll show a complete disregard for others.

With the super intelligent types it's better to just smile while they are looking, and roll your eyes while they are not.* We all have flaws and shortcomings, but this kind of person has a harder time hiding them is all. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother. I've even learned to enjoy listening to him talk over the years. But I don't really pin my hopes on him stooping down to mingle with us common homo sapiens. People that are intelligent and arrogant cannot be cured by others, so don't waste your time trying.

As for the other kind of know-it-all (the stupid and superior one's), give them a firm rebuff and walk away. Racism is a classic (though very extreme) example of this kind of know-it-all behavior. I believe a false sense of superiority can be cured in a person, but I don't believe it's necessary most of the time.

There's a man I used to work with who was dumber than a bag of bricks. I'm not trying to flatter my own ego here, he really was just good ol' country stoopid. But he had such a sense of entitlement it was incredible. God forbid you contradict this man. In his own eyes, he was Chuck Norris.

His kind of know-it-all ego was repulsive, yes. But it wasn't necessarily harmful. In his case his co-workers mostly just walked away from him in disgust.

*(I meant this in the least passive-aggresive way possible.)
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
MadTarnsman at 6:05PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
Apparently, another proven method is to send the KnowItAlls over to Comic Fury and trash that site…..as was the case with Filthy Assistant and MrWeatherby.

It was SO efficient I packed up and moved here.

“Life comes at ya pretty fast, sometimes….double tap to the head if it does….”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
JustNoPoint at 6:25PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
I've still been trying to figure out who Filthy Assistant and MrWeatherby are from DD. Mr Larry (was that his name?) and Le Farce?

MadTarnsman
It helped that you were banned from there too :P I know that was snarky but it had to be done XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
MadTarnsman at 6:37PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
I have no idea of their other aliases…..nom de plume…..nom de guerre…….

…and, yeah, I got banned defending myself from their constant onslaught of cheap shots….that went way beyond snarky!!

“Life comes at ya pretty fast, sometimes….double tap to the head if it does….”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Larry at 7:22PM, June 8, 2011
(offline)
you constantly harassed female posters, homosexuals, and made endless disparaging remarks about people that weren't white

you got banned for once again accusing everyone who came from drunk duck (mind you, normal people not asshole problem users like me) for “throwing around their gayness” in part of your un ending attacks on people who don't fit your idea of a straight white male, or white submissive female who nay has a though of her own.

oh and called this place a shithole numerous times making it incredibly ironic that you have decided to plant your god-complex bullshit here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Skullbie at 7:26PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
MadTarnsman
I have no idea of their other aliases…..nom de plume…..nom de guerre…….

…and, yeah, I got banned defending myself from their constant onslaught of cheap shots….that went way beyond snarky!!
You complain about cheap shots yet you're the one who's always making them. You got banned for your terrible attitude and trashy comments(and I imagine making 6 thinly veiled advertisement threads despite being asked not to sped it up) Stop blaming others when you're the one with the problem.

And it's so ridiculous that you're here after you kept going on and on about how much you hate DD and that it's filled with sociopaths and gays.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
lefarce at 7:32PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
MadTarnsman
Apparently, another proven method is to send the KnowItAlls over to Comic Fury and trash that site…..as was the case with Filthy Assistant and MrWeatherby.

I'm still here, there just hasn't been any reason to actually post until now. Over at CF though we just ban our know-it-alls and send them over here. It's a vicious cycle. The Know-it-All Trade, as it were.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Fuego at 8:03PM, June 8, 2011
(offline)
MadTarnsman

Hi !!!~~~SUGAR SWEETUMS~~~!!!

E: DD doesn't allow special characters? Fwehhhh!
The King of Marvin's Garden
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
The Hamburglar at 8:10PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
I love how he talks behind their back expecting them not to read it, even though he knows full well they came from Drunk Duck.

NOPE
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Skullbie at 8:40PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
The Hamburglar
I love how he talks behind their back expecting them not to read it, even though he knows full well they came from Drunk Duck.

I find it funny that he came to a website to get away from ‘those DDers’ and not only do myself, weatherby, and marlowe post but mr.lostman(fuego) is here too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
The Hamburglar at 8:46PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
Skullbie
mr.lostman(fuego)

TARNSMAN AND LOSTMAN.

THE PERFECT SITCOM COUPLE!!!
NOPE
lefarce at 8:55PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
The Hamburglar
Skullbie
mr.lostman(fuego)

TARNSMAN AND LOSTMAN.

Weatheby and Filthy Assistant have just moved to Comic Fury, and the big city couldn't be any more bizarre to the duo. Watch at the two get in all sorts of wacky misunderstandings and shenanigans with their offbeat next-door neighbors Mr.Lostman and MadTarnsman! Coming this Fall to NBC!

http://youtu.be/8vbnLYROCj8

The Hamburglar at 9:00PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
lefarce
The Hamburglar
Skullbie
mr.lostman(fuego)

TARNSMAN AND LOSTMAN.

Weatheby and Filthy Assistant have just moved to Comic Fury, and the big city couldn't be any more bizarre to the duo. Watch at the two get in all sorts of wacky misunderstandings and shenanigans with their offbeat next-door neighbors Mr.Lostman and MadTarnsman! Coming this Fall to NBC!

“IN THE SEASON FINALE OF LOSTMAN AND TARNSMAN TRAGEDY STRIKES! Tarnsman and Lostman are moving out of the apartment! The worst part?

HOW ARE FILTHY AND WEATHERBY GONNA PAY THE RENT?!?!

Find out on the new episode this sunday!”
NOPE
lefarce at 9:04PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
The Hamburglar
lefarce
The Hamburglar
Skullbie
mr.lostman(fuego)

TARNSMAN AND LOSTMAN.

“IN THE SEASON FINALE OF LOSTMAN AND TARNSMAN TRAGEDY STRIKES! Tarnsman and Lostman are moving out of the apartment! The worst part?

The final scene sees Filthy and Weatherby scraping the bottom of empty bean cans in a cold apartment, sitting atop crates, the only furniture they have left. “Filthy, we're going be alright, aren't we?” Weatherby asks.

“I'm not sure,” says Filthy. The candle between them flickers once more before a cool gust of air extinguishes it. Fade to black.

The Hamburglar at 9:14PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
lefarce
The Hamburglar
lefarce
The Hamburglar
Skullbie
mr.lostman(fuego)

TARNSMAN AND LOSTMAN.

The final scene sees Filthy and Weatherby scraping the bottom of empty bean cans in a cold apartment, sitting atop crates, the only furniture they have left. “Filthy, we're going be alright, aren't we?” Weatherby asks.

“I'm not sure,” says Filthy. The candle between them flickers once more before a cool gust of air extinguishes it. Fade to black.
But fret not fans!

Sitting on their crates, Filthy and Weatherby are beginning to accept it's the end, when crashing through the door…

“IT'S MARLOWE!” They both shout.

“Did you guys miss me?” He says, “I got rich in hollywood and I'm here to take you two wacky oddjobs to the big city! And this is my manager, Skullbie!”

Marlowe, Skullbie, Filthy, and Weatherby hit the big city in “Marlowe and Friends.”

EDIT: IT'S LIKE SEINFELD FOR THE NEW AGE! Skullbie is Elaine by default, the rest of you choose your roles.
NOPE
lefarce at 9:20PM, June 8, 2011
(online)
No no no, you got it all wrong, Marlowe would star in his own spin-off.

Genejoke at 12:09AM, June 9, 2011
(online)
I bet this thread will be confusing to non CF users. They will be like, who d'fuck are mr weatherby, lostman, marlowe and filthy assistant?

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Ozoneocean at 12:34AM, June 9, 2011
(online)
Genejoke
I bet this thread will be confusing to non CF users. They will be like, who d'fuck are mr weatherby, lostman, marlowe and filthy assistant?
I don't even visit CF but at a guess from prvious posts and what DDers have said:

mr weatherby- Lefarce.
lostman- Same as he was here… oh and also a new account here now (just checked).
marlowe- Larry
filthy assistant- Tater Salad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 1:04AM, June 9, 2011
(offline)
Skullbie
I find it funny that he came to a website to get away from ‘those DDers’ and not only do myself, weatherby, and marlowe post but mr.lostman(fuego) is here too.

*has seziure*

FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
blindsk at 1:47AM, June 9, 2011
(online)
This topic turned into exactly how I thought it would be. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
OnlyFoolsAndVikings at 3:29AM, June 9, 2011
(offline)
blindsk
This topic turned into exactly how I thought it would be. :)

Gotta love thread fights though, they're so entertaining.
JustNoPoint at 3:59AM, June 9, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
mr weatherby- Lefarce.
lostman- Same as he was here… oh and also a new account here now (just checked).
marlowe- Larry
filthy assistant- Tater Salad.

Oh! I forgot all about Tater Salad. Now it all fits!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Fuego at 7:59AM, June 9, 2011
(offline)
That was a really sugoi monogatari, anikis.

Genejoke

wot

The King of Marvin's Garden
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Product Placement at 11:42AM, June 9, 2011
(online)
-Does the necessary research-

We try to be tolerant to people around here and that goes both ways. Don't throw mud around and nobody has a reason to throw it back.

So let's keep the cleanup cost to the minimum.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
skoolmunkee at 12:51AM, June 10, 2011
(offline)
Yeah I think this thread is a bust. Good job guys.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon