MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia III: Revenge of the Godfather
martinlo_23 at 6:24PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
My potato man can take everything.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Aghammer at 6:27PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
I haven't gotten anything useful out of that so far but there a lot of little tidbits of data… the helmet makes me wonder?

humorman
Well, I have a good hunch on who one of the killers is, but I'll wait to see if anyone else can figure out the clues before I give a name.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Vakanai at 6:30PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
harkovast
I am stopping the game for a moment to make an announcement.

I just read through a few of the previous pages, and to be honest, I am starting to wonder if I should be playing this game.
Some of the players ( I dont need to name names) are getting VERY hostile to me.
Not to me in the game, to me as in the real person Daniel Stribley.
I want to state that I am not against you as a person, and I don't think I was particularly hostile.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
martinlo_23 at 6:32PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Neither me.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Vakanai at 6:36PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Oh, and I'm not sore at Hark for beating me in the election.
It really is his posting style and bad jokes that have made me dislike him.

Though if he lightens up a little on the complete chaos, I am more than willing to give him a second chance.
Hakoshen at 6:39PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
I think it's important that the first killer checked for dogs first.

Likewise, the 2nd killer did things peacefully. I can't do any research right now as I'm raiding Naxx.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Aghammer at 6:46PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Maybe… I'm looking through player profiles for peaceful or quiet or dogs… and what is Naxx?
harkovast at 6:47PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
My reading of that clue suggests that it was dukat wearing the helmet, not the killer.
So that is not really a clue.

However the CD playing is noticable. Possibly music could be a theme to look for?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Niccea at 6:55PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Harkovast(1)
Humorman

Humorman(2)
Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
harkovast at 6:58PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Hmm, well that was nice of humorman.
Okay well he said he had a theory who the killer was, I asked him what it was and now hes voted for me.
So what the hell.
Lets vote for him back then!
Unless anyone can tell me a more likely candidate based on the clues, the guy who votes for me (and I know myself to be innocent) has to be my first for lynching.

Cant see how he thinks those clues point to me!

Aghammer at 6:59PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
You are right… TV playing for one and CD for the other… interesting.

harkovast
My reading of that clue suggests that it was dukat wearing the helmet, not the killer.
So that is not really a clue.

However the CD playing is noticable. Possibly music could be a theme to look for?

Hakoshen at 7:01PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Maybe… I'm looking through player profiles for peaceful or quiet or dogs… and what is Naxx?

World of Warcraft noobishness.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Naxxramas
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
harkovast at 7:04PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
There is not really enough evidence yet to draw any firm conclusions, so whoever we vote for is a bit of a crap shoot.
I am just voting for the person who first voted for me right now.
Can anyone suggest any more likely suspects?

humorman at 7:10PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Night One

A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses. One window caught his eye. There are no dogs in the yard… all looks clear as he peered through the window. An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring. The shadow smiled. He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked! Luck smiles on him. He opened the door. Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house. The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow’s long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home. The man didn’t even twitch a whisker. And it's done.

The 2ndredbardon was no longer dead asleep… just dead.

As a cat-character, wouldn't it benefit harkovast to kill someone in an area without dogs? Also, his avatar has whiskers.

Of course, these could all be coincidences, but until someone brings up evidence suggesting otherwise, I'm not changing my vote.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Vakanai at 7:12PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
For the record, I don't like his posting style, I do like him. Least I think I do (I tend to like people in general).
Anyways, this is my official apology to Hark. I've discovered that I came on to strong, and that I made him feel it was more personal than it really was and that I may have bruised his feelings a bit.
So, I am sorry, and I'll give him another chance. I hope we can leave this game at the end on better footing than we started out with.

And I'll sic lizards on the lot of ya'll who think I got a twig up my butt.
That's right, I can read minds and know who you are.
And I have lizards.

That is all.
Aghammer at 7:18PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Interesting but I think the whisker was on the dude that was killed not on the killer. We do have another cat btw… a Miss Kitty. Not saying :D

humorman
Niccea
Night One

A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses. One window caught his eye. There are no dogs in the yard… all looks clear as he peered through the window. An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring. The shadow smiled. He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked! Luck smiles on him. He opened the door. Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house. The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow’s long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home. The man didn’t even twitch a whisker. And it's done.

As a cat-character, wouldn't it benefit harkovast to kill someone in an area without dogs? Also, his avatar has whiskers.

Of course, these could all be coincidences, but until someone brings up evidence suggesting otherwise, I'm not changing my vote.
humorman at 7:22PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Interesting but I think the whisker was on the dude that was killed not on the killer. We do have another cat btw… a Miss Kitty. Not saying :D

humorman
Niccea
Night One

the2ndredbaron doesn't have whiskers and neither does kitty17.

Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
harkovast at 7:23PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Humor, the one with the dogs I will admit looks bad, but I am not the only cat character here, there is another person (much quieter then me) called kitty something or another. She is just as likely to be the killer as me based on a “cats fear dogs” theory.

Second point- The whiskers are on the victim the way I read it. The killer is refered to as “the shadow”, I read it that “the man” was the man on the sofa. Whiskers being his big WW1 german flying ace ‘tache.
Otherwise niccea switches the names of the characters part way through. Why would she stop calling a guy the shadow part way through?

Also you over looked evidence that I am innocent.

A long coat? A leather glove? My avatar wears head to toe Knights armour! No leather there! I would only wear a huge armoured mit when I open doors.

A kitchen knife as a weapon? A knight does not use kitchen wear! I would use an energy sword! Or at least a sword of some sort! maybe a lance! Or cat claws perhaps? But kitchen knife? Or have my evil storm troopers kick down the door adn shoot the guy in the face. But a kitchen knife? come off it!

Also you dont account for the quietly quietly emphasis, knights armour is not that quiet! And do I seem like a guy who does anything quietly? I’d be more likely to drive a tank through the wall.

And the mentions of luck dont fit on me in anyway either.

Sadly I dont have another candidate to point the finger at, so I have no choice but to assume humorman is the bad guy. Which if he isn't, really sucks!

harkovast at 7:25PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Humorman, a sterotypical ww1 german flying ace would have a big huge Moustache.
The killer is “the shadow” and the victim is “the man”.
Your theory only works if niccea wrote the narration very very badly and changed peoples titles part way through, which seems unlikely.

Hakoshen at 7:27PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Okay Whiskers - Could be a reference to cat whiskers literally or colloquially referring to mustaches, which would include Martin and Crocty. Kitty doesn't have whiskers on her avatar, but she's still a “cat”

The weapon - Who brings a kitchen knife with them? Unless they were cooking something beforehand, perhaps they had been peeling potatoes? Potatoes Au Martinlo?!

The dog bit- Could refer to minorities (but I don't think Niccea would go there XD) or animals which would include myself, LOS, Martin, Kitty and Hark.

The 2nd victim was killed by the first if you ask me, and this was either the serial killer or the ripper because both kills involved a knife. Niccea's pretty creative, so I'm sure she could have written a pipe or a gun or a rabid chihuahua, but she deliberately used the same M.O. twice. Also, his would also explain the lack of clues in regards to the second killing.

Raid's back in, gotta go.
-Harkovast
harkovast at 7:32PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Actually hakoshen makes a good point.
Two knifings does seem to imply one killer.
Both were also in the same style, sneaking up silently and killing the sleeper…..

Aha! So this was the ripper! Silence and sleep must be clues! As is the use of the knife.
Look for sleep or silence related comics or information.

I think we have been failing to see the forest for the trees.
Send me any theories and if they are any good I will back them with my votes.
Otherwise I will have to keep voting for Humorman as he voted for me.

Aghammer at 7:40PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
I agree.. the forest is probably about to fall on us. I do know one of us has a “sonic” comic.. sound related although it's neither silent or about cooking.

Skullbie at 7:48PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
I do know one of us has a “sonic” comic..

Martinlo DOES have a big mustache on his avatar, on top of that black and white could imply his penguin character(though it's red) AND in his profile it mentions shadow! :gem:
Someone
Dislikes:People that say that Shadow is emo,stupid people,etc

And another thing that bother me, humorman wants us all to post our roles publicly, which is the dumbest idea ever that's just asking the mafia to kill everyone important! I'm starting to believe he's mafia, maybe the godfather?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
leaderofstars at 7:49PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
I agree.. the forest is probably about to fall on us. I do know one of us has a “sonic” comic.. sound related although it's neither silent or about cooking.

(off of work)

i know a cat can sneak up behind its prey silently but not cook… yet

oh hark i already apologized

but your still on my list for insulting me and my comics *shakes fist at harkovast*
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
humorman at 8:05PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
And another thing that bother me, humorman wants us all to post our roles publicly, which is the dumbest idea ever that's just asking the mafia to kill everyone important! I'm starting to believe he's mafia, maybe the godfather?

No, I'm just saying we need to start building up a trust among one another by sharing our roles publicly rather than give all of our roles to one person in private.

By the way, I'm the veteran. It really doesn't matter though because the mafia already attacked me once, so if a paramedic doesn't save me the next night, then I'm probably as good as dead.

Hakoshen at 8:12PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
So there's no narrative for the veteran being attacked? Raid's over btw.
-Harkovast
Aghammer at 8:12PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Hak, I wondered about that too.
leaderofstars at 8:17PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
*starts looting*

power to the offspring
Vakanai at 8:31PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Think he's lying?
leaderofstars at 8:40PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Vakanai
Hakoshen
Think he's lying?

yeah

power to the offspring

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon